• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Congrats on the new babies!

mkyerby, that's quite the experience! Glad everything worked out in the end.

mommasquirrel, that sounds pretty scary. I hope everything turns out fine. Our girls were almost the exact same size, and born not too far apart on the same day. I didn't think we had a birthday buddy!

Healing vibes to all the other new mommies! Good luck for those still waiting.

As for me, we survived our second night home. Annabelle seems to be doing better with latch, but now my milk came in and I am so full I think she's struggling a bit to get enough in her mouth. I think she had a decent feed this morning, and one last night.
The dogs have been pretty good with her.

Congratulations to Mommasquirrel and Mkyerby16!!

Hopefully things are better for you and baby today Mommasquirrel

Congrats mykerby and momma!

Sorry to hear of some scary times though. Keeping all those struggling in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope we get an update from MommaSquirrel soon. I know we're low priority right now, but I'm hoping everything is ok.

How's everyone else holding up? I'm looking forward to DH being home tomorrow!

Got all three kids to myself tonight and bedtime fast approaching. I'm hoping it isn't a disaster!

Uhoh Bookity, I hope you had an ok time of it!

We had our welcome baby party for our friends today. It was pretty low key and enjoyable. We didn't have family because either they have already met her or we will be seeing them in the next couple of weeks. We kept the guest list to under 30ppl and we did an open house type thing so had minimal snacks and drinks out so people could come and go as they pleased. Turned out really well. The best part is there really isn't any clean up! :)

Baby Saskia Elise arrived on 21st March at 8.04pm weighing 8lb :)

That sounds nice foosh. Glad you had a nice time and it wasn't too much work clearing up.

Congratulations on the arrive of your baby girl rhio.

Hope you're enjoying having your hubby back mrsk. And I hope everyone else is doing well xx

No details, but MommaSquirrel just posted on Facebook that she and Hinata are home and doing well.

It was so nice today to wake up, feed Teddy, and hand him off to papa while I had some breakfast and a coffee. I don't like putting him in the swing right after he's been in the bassinet all night, but they're enjoying their snuggles and a movie now (we sleep in because it's when Teddy sleeps best).

Thanks for sharing mrsk glad to hear they're doing well.

Awww that sounds so lovely. Happy that your hubby was there to take over giving you a little coffee break. Snuggles and a movie-so cute.

Hello everyone. I thought I'd share our birth story and a weblink to our baby's first pictures. I'm still in the recovery stage and beyond exhausted. Seriously I have no idea how I am even functioning right now. Looking forward to more announcements from our group and how everyone is ding as a new mom.

Hinata’s Birth Story

We decided not to find out if we were we going to have a boy/girl and the excitement was building as we got closer to the due date, March 14th. It arrived and passed without any signs of labor and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable. The act of sleeping was a challenge. Due to my medical history as well as having gestational diabetes it was decided that we should induce labor on the evening of March 16th. I was excited and scared because I wasn’t sure what to expect. I brought my birth plan and everything I could imagine that I’d need. We check into the hospital around 4:30 in the afternoon and had a cervical check. It was incredibly painful but I did progress to 2 cm in the last few days and my cervix was very soft and favorable for the induction. Cervidil was placed around 7 pm and I felt our first contractions shortly after.
The following morning we were checked again after the medication was removed. My cervix further softened and I was between 2-3 cm. my water was broken shortly after. The pains of labor increased and we started pitocin to help them along. We walked the halls, bounced on an exercise ball, danced and even swayed back and forth to help ease the pain. We officially reached our halfway point without the use of any pain medication.
It was when I reached 6 cm that things started to turn around. The back pain was indescribable and I had to vocalize/moan through each contraction which were now coming in at intervals of 2-3 minutes and lasting a full minute. I was in labor 24 hours and exhausted. I opted for an epidural. Finally I was able to sleep and the contractions rolled forward. Baby was at zero station and I was 75% effaced. Around 30 hours of labor the contractions became irregular and my blood pressure dropped. Baby’s heartrate kept going down and I had not progressed past 6 cm. They kept trying to bring my blood pressure up and kept a close eye on baby. We waited for another hour and things got worse. We were taken into surgery in less than 10 minutes and I was incoherent. When Peter entered the room he witnessed me shaking uncontrollably on the table. I couldn’t talk. He held my hand. Baby was born minutes later. It’s a girl.
The cord was wrapped around her neck twice. The doctors worked on her and she screamed. I cried, knowing that our baby was okay. She weighed 8 pounds 11.4 ounces and 21.75 inches long. Peter held onto the baby before they left to head out to the nursery. He bent down and let me see her beautiful little face and I gave her a kiss. Everything seemed okay but things got worse after Peter left the room.
Within moments after their departure I started shaking violently and was bleeding out. The doctors worked fast to get the bleeding to stop. I lay there hearing them shouting, feeling them pulling, pushing and working to get me back into stable condition. I lay there on the table unable to control the violent shaking. My blood pressure crashed. the last numbers I heard before my eyes closed was 60/30. What seemed like hours were mere minutes. The got me into stable condition and moved me into a recovery area and monitored continuously. my blood pressure was crashing again followed by the uncontrollable shaking. All I cared about, all I wanted to know was if my baby was okay and when I’d get to hold her. I passed out. When I wake up I’m still in the same condition. I notice Peter is beside me. He had a look of terror on his face. I’m shaking violently and the staff is holding me down. Miraculously after pumping me full of numerous medications my blood pressure stabilizes and the shaking subsides. I want to see my baby. I want to hold her against my body.
I remember saying a prayer when we were going into surgery. God give me strength, god give me courage, I put my faith in you lord. I repeated these lines over in my head several times. I think it’s what really got me through the terrifying moments. Peter never left my side. I was finally placed into a real room and I got to meet my little girl again. This time she was put straight onto my chest. I couldn’t believe the mass of hair and the beautiful eyes that looked at me curiously. I regained feeling in my body within an hour. I fed baby Hinata and held onto her. She smelled sweet and it felt nice to hold onto her soft tiny body.
When I was nursing her I noticed she would shake in the middle of feeding followed by a blood curdling scream. I mentioned it to the nurse but she said it’s normal. Each feeding it was the same. She’d latch on and within moments she’d shake, then scream. The nursery staff came by and I mentioned it to them. they watched while I fed and one nurse ran from the room to grab the doctor. Within the hour she was moved to NICU to be evaluated, tested and continually monitored for sepsis and seizures. Peter and I were terrified. I can’t tell you how many times I prayed for her but I held onto faith.
We were both sleep deprived and beyond exhausted. Holding onto what little information we had we somehow made it through the night. My blood pressure was showing signs of dropping again and I just wanted to go downstairs to visit my little girl. After being stable for a few hours we got to visit her. It had been 4 days since we arrived at the hospital. 2 more days passed and we received great news. Hinata is okay and she is being discharged from the hospital. After 6 whole days the 3 of us left together headed home. She’s lost almost a pound but our little girl is a champ, overcoming the odds. I am still recovering from the surgery but I feel good knowing that I get to have this little one with me.

https://www.mom365.com/newbornportr...2&babyId=e1edd865-1445-4773-9517-98f9fc7b3d4d

Oh momma squirrel sounds like you had a really rough time. So sorry you Went through that. Glad everything worked out ok in the end. Hope your recovery is going well and you're enjoying being at home with your little girl.

Thank you for taking the time and energy to share your story momma. What a scary time for you all. You all went through so much. What a strong family!! I was literally attached reading your story. Hope things continue to go well. Xx

So glad you are both doing well now Momma and that Hinata was given the all clear regarding the fits.

Yesterday was bittersweet. It marked 1 year since we lost our little boy. We sat in the nursery, lit his candle and talked about him. I was feeding Charlie and remembering the hell we went through last year, it was very surreal. I remembered looking at a calendar when I was back at work, trying to schedule a yearly meeting, and wondering where we would be, if I would still be barely functioning, if we would go back to trying to adopt or if we would ever have another take home baby/child. Thinking about him still makes me sad, I miss him terribly, I still cry but I am very grateful for what I have now and I can't help thinking that we wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. ♡

Sorry to be such a downer. Hope everyone is doing well. Only 8 days left in March, how did that happen?!? How many ladies still patiently awaiting their bundles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->