2015 MARCH-MALLOWS... Due in March 2015!! Come join us!

Good luck with your DH, Foosh.

We're good here. Teddy usually sleeps a 5-6 hour stretch, but he's had uncomfortable gas after his first morning meal, so he doesn't settle well again. I'm hoping his pediatrician has some ideas today.

This growth spurt/wonder week is kicking my butt right now. Is been doing halfway decent in the sleep department, but become a zombie the last few days. Being a mom of three is hard for me. Something is always getting left undone. But DH does realize that it's ridiculously hard so at least I have some understanding from him.

Hope everyone is loving on their newborns and doing ok. Anyone struggling with ppd or baby blues? Don't be afraid to talk about it with your doctors and we're here too.

Is anyone else wanting to join the FB group or has everyone interested already joined? Just shoot me a pm with your email if you want to join.

I'm doing great, but I think DH is struggling a little. His expectations of himself and what he can accomplish in a day are completely unreasonable, and he won't ease up on himself by telling work to give it a rest or even just using all the casseroles I made and froze instead of cooking. It's wearing him down, and I don't think he's very happy with anything but the baby (the baby usually cheers him up if he's not screaming and spitting up all over him), but he's a typical man who won't get help and won't accept that he's getting older and can't run around on no sleep like a 20 year old. I keep offering to trade duties for a night - I'll make dinner, do some laundry, etc, while he holds Teddy, but he won't bite.

We went to Teddy's one month appointment today. He's up to 9lbs 5oz, from a birthweight of 6lbs 15oz. Big boy! He didn't like his shot one bit, but he felt better after nursing. Thank god he was able to latch on, because we forgot the diaper bag with my nipple shield at home.

Mrsk it's lovely that your hubby really wants to do his bit. Shame he won't ease up on himself though, maybe one day soon he will take you up on the offer to swap for an evening.

I admire all of you mummies but especially those who are also looking after their older children. It appears the amount of work mums do can often go unnoticed.

I can't believe I miss bits of pregnancy already! I hated the last few weeks as I was crazily uncomfortable but I miss before that point. I think it's just that pregnancy is so exciting but I'm so pleased to finally see and hold my boy. I think in the future I'll be able to enjoy pregnancy more because I'll spend less time wishing it would hurry up so I can have a baby to hold and more time enjoying the growing process.

How's everyone doing?

We're good here. We started off with a nipple shield, and finally figured out nursing without it about a week ago. We had some latching issues but we've made a lot of progress and we're doing really well. My skinny guy is starting to fill out a little, too. He'll be a fatty soon.

We've definitely got a fatty on our hands now. We've been exclusively pumping for a week: he downs 5 oz easily and often takes long naps during the day and his sleep at night is much longer. My goal is eventually to get him back on the breast, but he still fusses a lot on the boob and I have no idea if he's getting enough. We're going to progressively add boob sessions to see how he does.

Glad you're doing well with the nursing mrsK. We seem to have got the hang of it too. I feel like I'm always feeding but I don't really mind. I express a bit now so I can get a break. Another fatty here. 13lb 2 when he was last weighed at 7 weeks!

Your babies make mine look like a stringbean! He started small, though, so he has catching up to do.

I feel like George is massive compared to other babies his age. I don't really know why. Neither my dh or I are large, we're both fairly average. And I was 6lb 13 born, dh was exactly 7lb, yet we had a 8lb 3 ( a week early) baby. I find that quite strange

James is definitely a chunker because of genetics and the fact that I definitely fed him on demand the first couple weeks. Now he's evening out at 6-7 feeds/day. Yesterday he took 2 bottles and 4 boob feeds, which went pretty well. He still fusses a lot, and I can't really tell if that means he's done or he's frustrated with the flow of milk.

I'm glad to hear that things are falling into place for you BF mamas. Sometimes I wonder if this is the most difficult thing I will do in my life (twice!)

Hi ladies! It's nice to hear everyone is doing well. We are doing pretty well over here. Charlie is a eating really well, at night we get a 5 hour stretch then it's every 3 again. She had her first poonami this morning- while still at home thankfully! Not sure how much she weighs but she is definitely filling out.

DH has been helping out way more at night, I'm still EBF so he can't take a feed for me :( but he is getting up to change her and has figured out how he can soothe her back to sleep now that he has tried for more than a couple minutes.

I'm glad people are still checking in here!

I'm still here too and doing well :D got my pump today although stupid idiots av posted to wrong address so got to wait til mum fetches it round later. Looking forward to starting my relactation proper :D

Good to hear lots of good news from everyone.

Things are pretty good here. Annabelle was up to 10 lbs 2 oz at her 5.5 week appointment. Growing well. I have been pretty much exclusively pumping for her, so she gets bottles all the time. Right now it seems easy and all I have is a manual pump. She eats any where from 2 oz to 5, depending on how long she has gone and things.

Took awhile for me to update congrats by the way to all of you lovely ladies on your beautiful bundles! As for me my little princess arrived on the 12th of March one day after her due date!

Congrats on your little girl saveme.

Hahaha foosh I had to Google poonami but that's brilliant. We've definitely had one if those hear which covered the mat and my hand aha.

It's lovely to see everyone checking in again and doing well. Still breast feeding here, LO was crazy hungry and feeding yesterday. He's filling out a lot now after his initial drop in weight.

Feeding going well here too!! I'm so thrilled that we've gone two strong months and counting and I've only been pumping every few days just once to get milk for a daily 2 oz of bottle feeds to give his vitamin D. :)

He's a chunker too, 12 lb 11 oz at his 2 month checkup last week!

I can't wait to see how my chubby chicken measures up! We have our 2 month appointment on the 6th.

I can't wait either. Not looking forward to the 2 month shots, but I'm curious about his weight. He feels huge!

I think we're having a growth spurt or Wonder Week. Teddy has been waking earlier and earlier and comfort nursing. My only other thought is that he's been trying to stay hydrated - it's been hot here today. I hope his sleep habits improve soon.

We had our 2 month appointment. The shots weren't too bad, the first she barely noticed but the second one she cried :( She is 10 lbs 12, 22.5 inches.

Also kinda bummed they named the princess Charlotte! We hope our little girly won't have 5 in her class now...

Hope everyone is well. Now that the weather is nicer we've been getting outside more and can start going to the cottage!

She'll just have to tell everyone the princess is named after her ;)

I bet most the babies in her class are already named, even if they're not born yet. All the baby Charlottes will be a year or two below her most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->