2015 November Sweet Potatoes!!! Come out come out wherever you are!!

Hey ladies!! How is everyone feeling?! This pregnancy I have felt so much so low, does anyone else experience that too? They checked my cervix and it was closed so she must be chilling lower haha!! Hope you are all enjoying your pregnancies!

I hear its pretty common to carry and feel things lower the second time around. Abdominal muscles aren't as strong and you don't have the support you had the first time around.

LO is head down but I often get a sharp pain in my cervix like his head is pushing on it or something:shrug: Its very uncomfortable but doesn't last long.

Can't believe only 7 more weeks till baby is full term! And my son's 2nd birthday is in 3 weeks! I have a busy couple months ahead of me!

Mimzy-Thank you, that does make sense!! Haha I waddle and I mean like I can barely go for a long walk without getting cramps or pain and it's annoying!!

AND yayy for son's 2nd birthday!!!! And being so close to the end!! I have 10 more weeks lol but I am hoping to go early!!

I'm another one hoping to go a bit early! :haha: baby is SO low, sometimes she feels like she's trying to burrow her way out! Ready to have a baby now!

amcolecchi and smile where your first babies early at all?

DS came at 38 weeks and 3 days. So my midwife told me this one will most likely come early too. My due date is Nov 5th so its looking like he may be an October baby. Which I'm actually hoping he does come in Oct vs Nov. Give us more time to settle in before the crazy holidays.

Once we all reach "full term" 37 weeks we can start talking 'tips' to help us get labor started!:winkwink::thumbup:

I must be the only weirdo who hopes my baby comes a little late. I love being pregnant, this is my first and I just want to relish every step along the way. Then again, I just started third tri ... give me a few weeks and I bet I'll be singing a different tune lol

My first LO was only a day early in the end, but I was in slow labour from 39 weeks.

This time around though I'm carrying SO much lower, and already starting to feel a lot of pressure deep in my pelvis so I'm not really expecting to go to full term. I know we're supposed to wait until the due date to start trying to get labour started but I'll be there from 37 weeks for sure haha lots of brisk walks and bouncing on my birthing ball!

Uni A part of me doesn't want this pregnancy to end either because this is most likely my last. And I know what having a newborn entails and that I will no longer be getting sleep and I'm scared how DS will adjust because he is SUCH a momma's boy! I guess the number one reason I want baby to come a little early but still when he is ready of course, is because of the holidays. I would like baby and me to be more settled and for him to have a chance to build his immune system up a bit before winter/holidays. Otherwise me and baby will be staying home and DS and DH will have to go to visit our family without us.

Uni tsi I am with ya! I'm getting impatient a little bit because it feels so close yet so far away, but I want baby to bake as long as he or she needs haha! I do really enjoy being pregnant so far. I def want it to be after 38 weeks anyway since if it's any earlier I won't be able to give birth in the birth center as planned, so fingers crossed baby is on time or a little late. We already decided to skip Thanksgiving, my mom is planning to come up from Florida for the birth (dunno yet how we're going to plan that one but hopefully it works out ok!) so maybe she will still be here then and we can just have a dinner with the three of us. Then dh's parents are coming over from Scotland 2nd week of December for a week. So it will be a bit hectic no matter what, fine with me lol!

Mimzy- My son was 10 days early AND he came quick. I had a 9 hour labor and when they broke my water and I had to push, I only pushed for 20 min!!! So I was extremely lucky, he was my first! So they keep telling me this labor should go fast. I want an October baby too! I would love a Halloween baby!! lol

Amcolecchi My labor with DS was similar to yours. But the first half of my labor was very long. I was in labor for a total of 16 hours but a majority of that was just getting to 5cm. The rest flew by. My waters were bulging and I was 8cm so they broke my water and within mins fully dilated and needed to push. I also only pushed for about 10 mins before he was here! I pray this labor is shorter than 16 hours. Even though a majority of mine was before what they consider "active labor" it was still very painful and draining. I did it drug free and plan to this time again too. :thumbup:

Wow 16 hours is so long!! I was sort of like you too. I went in at 2 cm and jumped to 6 cm in less than an hour but then he stopped so the rest of the 8 hours was just creeping to get to 9 cm. They actually broke my water at 9 and j never fully got to 10 before pushing lol! I did it natural, no drugs either and I'm definitely trying for that again too! Good luck!!

I would love a fast labour :haha: last time I was in slow labour from Sunday-Friday. Got admitted friday afternoon then spent the next 15 hours getting from 4 to 9cm! Everything stopped at 9cm as he was back to back and ended up having an emcs on Saturday morning! Do not want anything like that to happen this time :argh:

Smile-Aww yes that had to be scary!! I am hoping you don't have to go thru that again!!

I'm hoping I have a quick labor too! (Aren't we all?) I'm doing Hypnobabies and a lot of people report having quick easy labors with that program so hopefully it works for me! Definitely going all-natural, and I am weirdly excited about it lol.. Probably not many people say that haha!

Smile I hope your labor this time goes perfectly, there are some techniques on SpinningBabies.com you can try to get baby in a better birthing position if needed. Hopefully this time baby is the right way around!

Lomelindi17 when I was preparing for my natural labor I was very excited and ready for the challenge too :haha: I also studied Hypono babies but ended up just doing whatever worked for me to get through it.

This time around I'm not as excited since I know what labor actually feels like LOL I did have back labor the entire time though and I know that's not entirely common.

I did it all natural the first time but for some reason I am more nervous this time!! Does that make sense? I think it's because I like to practice it lol so I am going to make my husband and I practice the techniques soon hahah but thank you for the website! Walking helped me a ton and just closing my eyes and deep breaths in my husbands chest get me thru it!

Well, ladies. I have GD (le sigh). Although I saw this coming (genetics) I am feeling sorry for myself :-({|=

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->