2015 November Sweet Potatoes!!! Come out come out wherever you are!!

Amcolecchi - congrats on team pink :cloud9:

mimzy - good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow. I hope your placenta has moved up.

jennawolf - good luck with your gender scan tomorrow. Imagine a little girl with three older brothers :p.

Jennawolf good luck at your scan today. Let us know if you're team pink or blue!

Hey ladies, how are you feeling? Does anyone feel stuff low, like in your pelvis area? I never had pelvic pain with my son until like the week before he was born, so just wondering if anyone else had this too?

I seem to get a lot of kicks down low and a lot of stretching pain if I stand up too fast or bend over too far. Not fun at all!

I feel kicks all over the place sometimes low sometimes more up near my belly button. My ligament pain hasn't been that bad this time around and I truly think its due to the Yoga I've been doing. If I do feel some pain I do some yoga stretches like child's pose and the pain eases up instantly. Might be something to consider ladies?

Other than that I've been feeling pretty good. Trying to enjoy this second trimester the best I can before I get really uncomfortable in the third.:thumbup:

Do any of you ladies remember when we start seeing the midwife or OB more frequently? Right now its just once every 4 weeks.

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here for a long time! But I am having a boy!! :) my first baby so I am so excited. My belly has been getting bigger and I have been feeling him kick for a while now.

A new thing started though when I'm sitting or laying down like a bubbling feeling. I don't know how else to describe it. I had my DH place his hand on my belly and he could feel it too!! Does anyone else get this feeling too?

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here for a long time! But I am having a boy!! :) my first baby so I am so excited. My belly has been getting bigger and I have been feeling him kick for a while now.

A new thing started though when I'm sitting or laying down like a bubbling feeling. I don't know how else to describe it. I had my DH place his hand on my belly and he could feel it too!! Does anyone else get this feeling too?

Congrats! and yes thats just the baby moving around :)

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well!

Since I posted here last, I've been sort of a basket case. I sobbed for 45 minutes because I ordered salad for takeout, and when I got home realized they had gotten my order wrong. :blush:

I have managed to convince myself in turn that I have a short cervix, preterm labor, and that I'm leaking amniotic fluid. In my more rational moments, I realize NONE of these things are happening. But the internet is really my worst enemy. I google something to see if its normal, but instead of focusing on the 9 different women saying "yup that is normal it happened to me and everything was fine" I fixate on the one person who is like "that happened to me and (insert horror story here)." So uhm. yeah. Total freak out over every little thing, for basically no reason. I think I started peeing myself a little this week :dohh: But seriously, google "is it normal to pee myself a little and not notice till later?" and the internet is full of pages of hysterical women telling you to rush to the hospital right away or ELSE! :nope: It is freaking me out! But I do have a routine appointment tomorrow so I guess I can have them double check. Anyway, I do think it's probably just pee... I had no idea that could happen without my realizing it. I guess it's one more thing they never warn you about lol But still, I never thought in my life I'd be thinking "hopefully I just peed myself" !

On the related theme of my being absolutely nuts, I have been stressing out over trying to buy a house. We'd been preapproved, were under contract, everything seemed to be going smoothly, then on Monday our lender called to say they couldn't count my DH's income due to a technicality, and my income wasn't sufficient to secure the loan. We're supposed to close at the end of the month. Our current apartment is so small and awful and they are starting construction right outside that will go on for years and we really need to get out of here, so getting the news there was a issue with the loan sent me into a horrible crying jag. After a full day of crying, I finally listened to friends who said to go find another lender. I'm cautiously optimistic we've been able to get a new loan. But, I can't help but be scared they'll pull the rug out from under us again, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I keep reminding myself that as long as baby is healthy, and DH is with me, nothing else really matters. But, I really want out of this apartment before baby comes. Especially cause my mom is coming out for 3 months to help out and if we don't have a spare bedroom to put her in, I think I'll lose my mind :wacko: Not to mention the sounds from the construction noise are already ratcheting up - I can't imagine trying to get a baby to sleep with all this noise.

Well, it appears that what was intended to be a short little post has become a very long rant. Thank you for letting me vent!! Am I the only one feeling crazy about everything? Or is this normal? Ladies, I would love to know how you're feeling lately <3

uni - I'm sorry you are not having the best time! My best advice (which I'm sure you already know) is stay off dr. google!! If you have any questions the best thing you can do is ring the doctor or mw. They are use to a million questions a day and when it comes to your health or baby's there really isn't a question that isn't worth asking.
I really hope as time goes on you start to feel more confident. I also hope that your living situation works out. :hugs:

Uni Dr. Google is evil and I know that but I can't help myself either! I google everything LOL

I also have noticed I pee myself sometimes when I sneeze and I feel like I'm going to when I have a really strong Braxton Hicks sometimes. And every time I get up I feel like I have to go to the bathroom :dohh: I never had this peeing myself with my first pregnancy! Its super annoying:growlmad:! I guess we'll just have to start wearing pads or pantyliners. I try to do a kegal to brace myself now when I sneeze if the sneeze doesn't catch me off guard it works.

I have my Glucose test this afternoon, fingers crossed I pass!

Mimzy good luck with the glucose test! I get mine in a couple weeks, and am trying to do everything I can in the meantime to make sure I pass it. I'm curious to know what the process is like to get the test, if you want to share any details... I hope its not a fasting test. That feels like it would be really hard at the moment!

It's not just when I'm sneezing. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, so I'm guessing it might have to do with baby kicking. At least it does remind me to keep practicing my kegals lol

I had another sonogram today, and everything looked great. So, a few days of being anxiety free before I find something else to fret about :blush: I also found out, they're going to keep scanning me every four weeks since I'm considered "old" so they can keep track of baby's growth. That should help keep my anxiety down. It didn't really ratchet up again this time till just last week. So each scan gives me about three weeks before anxiety builds up again. I don't really feel "high risk" but if they want to let me have that many glimpses of the little one, I'm certainly not complaining. The advantage of being "old" is that insurance covers all the optional things that normally I'd have to pay for out of pocket if I wanted checked. And even though I have horrible anxiety, intellectually, I'm not really worried. At least, not about the age related issues. I know I'm acting a little crazy because I only worry about things I read on google and not the things that are actually personally more likely to happen to me lol I think I'll put a post-it note on my monitor to stay away!

Thanks again ladies for your reassurance :flower: You're the best!

Well I failed my glucose test:cry:! And I really can't believe it...I eat healthy, I exercise 5 days a week (doing 3 miles in 30 mins on the elliptical and yoga), and have kept my weight gain down. I'm 125lbs and 5'5 how do I have GD?!?!??! I have to go for the 3 hour test now and that one you have to fast for up to 12 hours before your test and if I fail I will be high risk and not able to deliver with the midwives:cry:. I'm going to try and find a guide to the GD diet and eat accordingly now anyways since I know my body is not processing sugar how it should and I want to make sure my baby is healthy.

Okay ladies I need some help/advice. Long story short, my husband's aunt is dying of cancer. She has been fighting for awhile now. She has no kids or anything but was SUPER close to my husband and his sisters. Yesterday when we went to visit she started crying saying she really wanted to meet Selina (the name of our baby) NOW there is 3 grandBOYS in that family but this will be the first girl, so his whole family is excited for Selina to come...her name is Selina Maria but my husband wants to change her middle name to his aunts which is Selina Patricia...but I don't want too. I like maybe Selina Maria Patricia but we picked Maria because my middle name is that and so is my MIL...so how do I tell him no without killing him even more knowing his aunt is dying?

Mimzy! My deepest empathy for you! So sorry to hear the glucose test didn't go as expected! I hope you get better results with the longer one. I've been on a diabetes preventative diet/exercise program for over a year now, even before I got pregnant cause my blood sugar levels were just under what is considered prediabetic. As far as it goes, sounds like you were doing everything right. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. :hug:

Amcole, that does sound like a tough situation, when you want to keep everyone happy. Selina Maria Patricia has a pretty sound to it, if you both like it that might be a good compromise.

Mimzy - I'm so sorry you didn't pass the first GD test! It's great that you are taking advantage of that to already change your diet though. Good luck with the 3 hour test.

Amcolecchi - I agree that Selina Maria Patricia has a pretty ring to it. My DS1 has 2 middle names to satisfy that my DH and I both wanted family names as middle names and we compromised. Maybe let DH know that you really like the name you had first chosen and have thought of that as baby's name would he mind using 2 middle names and then hopefully he will compromise too?
Good luck!!

Ya I might do the two middles names, I just don't know if like legal papers we right it down or is it more of a thing we just say?

I have 2 middle names but legally only one. I don't think there's any set rules it's completely up to you as parents :)

Ya I might do the two middles names, I just don't know if like legal papers we right it down or is it more of a thing we just say?

I legally have two middle names and although sometimes on forms I can only use the first initial of my first middle name, and sometimes people think my second middle name is part of my last name, really it isn't a problem to have two middle names when filling out the majority of forms. I think people who have four initials are more distinguished sounding then people who only have three. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->