2015 October Owls! | The chicks are hatching! *16 boys & 8 girls so far!*

Hi ladies, great to see your little ones growing so big!
My little boy is 20 weeks tomorrow and an itty bitty 13lbs. He is rolling both ways and pulling himself along the ground like a slug lol

We did find out he has a heart problem and is under the care of a paediatric cardiologist at the Royal children's hospital which has been quite the roller coaster of worry.

Sleep is still rubbish (and a huge shock after three great sleepers and I'm STILL mad at myself for co-sleeping which I still do mostly :wacko: haha!). We've cracked day naps though and he's doing 2x 1.5-2hr day sleeps with a small 45 min nap at the end of the day if needed and up to bed at 6.30/7 with the other kids.

So busy yet I seem to be doing not much! Back to work in May, can't bear the thought of it yet, I was fine with ds1 but this time I want to look after ds2! Anyway needs must.

Anyone got any tips about our routine.... Not that I'm complaining as ds1 didn't sleep through until 18 months but this is ds2:

At 4.45 he is niggling, I bath him, try to keep him up as much as poss but in bed (cot now in own room) by 5.30.
He will sleep through until about 3/4 am, takes about 5-6 ounces, back down until 6/7 am depending if he's pooped/woke up by ds1.

I cannot keep this little man up past 5.30, any tips?

That sounds like a good routine! We manage to get Oliver to nap 3 times in the day & his last one normally ends around 4pm. We then keep him awake until bedtime, between 6-7pm depending on the day. Bath time helps to push him back slightly & we're feeding on demand, but it's always helpful if he's due a bottle at the same time!! Normally he'll wake up an hour later for a cuddle & then sleep until 10pm for a bottle. Then it's 2am for another bottle and finally 5.30-6am is his usual wake up time. Last night he spoilt us with 7.30-2.30, then 3-6. Beautiful.

Oliver is 5 months old today! He's 19lbs 10oz & on the 95th centile. He's been gaining weight & height like a champ on nutramigen because of his cmpa.

image.jpg

Wow, I haven't been on here in what feels like for ever. Just had a read through of the last couple of pages to catch up a bit and your little babies are so absolutely gorgeous!! Hope you all enjoyed Christmas and new year. Harley is doing well, growing and eating great. My DD had weight issues and struggled so I'm so happy to see Harley doing so well. Have began weaning a tiny bit and will continue to in the coming weeks. He hates to sleep in the day but does sleep through the night from about 8 till around 7 am. My daughter still doesn't sleep through And she's almost 4, so I don't understand how this even happened lol! He is a nightmare in the day however. He is teething and he seems to just cry 24/7. My daughter did the same and my MIL tells me that my OH was like this too so I'm guessing it's in the Genes!

As we are sharing pictures, here is my bear, as I call him: (useless picture but it wouldn't allow me to upload a nicer one :haha: ) x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6
So busy yet I seem to be doing not much! Back to work in May, can't bear the thought of it yet, I was fine with ds1 but this time I want to look after ds2! Anyway needs must.

Anyone got any tips about our routine.... Not that I'm complaining as ds1 didn't sleep through until 18 months but this is ds2:

At 4.45 he is niggling, I bath him, try to keep him up as much as poss but in bed (cot now in own room) by 5.30.
He will sleep through until about 3/4 am, takes about 5-6 ounces, back down until 6/7 am depending if he's pooped/woke up by ds1.

I cannot keep this little man up past 5.30, any tips?

That sounds like a good routine! We manage to get Oliver to nap 3 times in the day & his last one normally ends around 4pm. We then keep him awake until bedtime, between 6-7pm depending on the day. Bath time helps to push him back slightly & we're feeding on demand, but it's always helpful if he's due a bottle at the same time!! Normally he'll wake up an hour later for a cuddle & then sleep until 10pm for a bottle. Then it's 2am for another bottle and finally 5.30-6am is his usual wake up time. Last night he spoilt us with 7.30-2.30, then 3-6. Beautiful.

Oliver is 5 months old today! He's 19lbs 10oz & on the 95th centile. He's been gaining weight & height like a champ on nutramigen because of his cmpa.

View attachment 932260

He can't be more cute! You both seem to be doing great!
Here is a pic of Evelina wearing a t-shirt I wore as a baby :cloud9:

Attachments

• WP_20160227_005.jpg
    WP_20160227_005.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 6
I wanted to try again two weeks after delivery. Unfortunately I've only had AF jan 8 and it came again Saturday:wacko:

Hi ladies, we're doing great! It's good to see all of your beautiful pictures.

I'd love to have more kids, but I'm still on 2 medications to control the high blood pressure that pre-eclampsia left me with, the doctor says it is chronic and will need to be controlled for the rest of my life. I had no idea that pre-e could do lasting damage, but apparently it is not that rare.

Here's a picture of my boys at 7 months.

Attachments

• PSX_20160411_160931.jpg
    PSX_20160411_160931.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 19
They're beautiful dark star!! I had no idea that could happen, it's really worrying isn't it?

I'm totally getting baby fever. Haha. My AF is currently awol.. But I have a feeling that's pcos related, unfortunately. My son is now 6.5 months & I've no idea where the time has gone. We've not long been weaning him & that seems to be going well, he's moved into his own room now & is sleeping well (one wake up a night atm). I'm getting better with PND, I've had lots of help.

How is everyone else? xxx

Nice to see you ladies still doing so well.
DarkStar- sorry you have had lasting effects of pre-e :( thats never fun. Your boys are so handsome!

So many beautiful babies in here!

My little girl is so big! I blinked and shes over 6 months now! We have a 7 month well check coming up. However she is about 29 inches long and 19lbs currently!! At 6 months she has to wear 12+ month clothes!

No baby fever here. Considering my 3 pregnancy all progressively got worse and worse each time. I am certain im done and am just looking forward to enjoying my complete family. I do still get sad thinking about it or seeing other ladies pregnant but I know its whats best for my body. :)

Hi girls, love to see your babies are all so big! Darkstar those twins are lovely! They're so big! I'm sorry to hear about the consequences of your preclamsia...
My Little girl is doing Great! We moved her to her own room and she adjusted Just fine. And she started on solids thisbweek. I'm still breastfeeding and haven't had my period yet. I haven't had it in over three years actually. I got my last before I got pg with ds and it never came back. Then I got pg again, and so far nothing. All the same, I dont think Im having another. We have been talking about it a lot lately, but I dont want to keep splitting my attention. Ds is still young and needs me a lot as well.

Hi everyone! Geez, I realized I didnt even give a little birth announcement, smh! First time mom and I got so consumed with my little one. He was born 3 days early on 10/9/15, 7lbs 11oz, 21 inches long, at 8:24 pm. Long story short, I checked in the hospital around 6pm that night, no epidural or pain meds over here, one big push, and with the help of DH and he was out (one small stitch I had since he literally popped out)!!! I wasnt trying to be super woman but i didnt need the pain meds afterwards.
Anyways, Im exclusively breastfeeding (I went back to work right after the New Years and between family we take care of him so no daycare). I started introducing solids here and there since he was about 5 months and 3 weeks I believe. He didnt take to it right away but as of recently I am noticing he is now opening his mouth when the spoon is near!!! He has suffered pretty bad gas from the very beginning (at night) and still does to this day and as of a week ago I noticed a little tooth coming through...and he has been pretty good about it. Not sure what else to share but I'll post a pic one day (at work right now) lol he is about 20 lbs now and im enjoying every piece of him!!! Havent had my period yet and Im not missing it lol but we plan on trying for #2 next year around this time....i told DH I need about a good 6 months after i wish to stop breastfeeding (when he is a year) to just enjoy not breastfeeding/pumping lol Not sure what else to share but I hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well!!!!!

Hello ladies! Oh my its been awhile. Not sure if there is just a new thread or what. However I know many of us have had our LO's turn 1 of over the past month or so and a couple more to go still. My little girl just turned 1 on September 29th. I cant believe how fast the last year has gone. Its crazy. I hope all of you are doing well and your LO's are full of smiles and laughter. <3

Hi Tink, happy 1st bday, our DD turned on the 30th. We had a lovely party for her. We're also expecting again in February. Twins too, should be fun with 3 under 2 years old:wacko:

I'd love to see some update pics if the ladies don't mind sharing. Hope everyone is doing well!
image.jpg

Hi everyone!

I can't believe it has been a year already. I was really emotional on my DS 1st birthday as I'm not having any more and I just don't want him to grow up :haha: Happy birthday to all the little ones who have had their birthdays and to the everyone who has there's to come! My DS birthday was also on the 29th tink &#128522;

Harley is walking now and is a real handful! But I love how much energy he has and he's enthusiastic about everything. He's just come to down with impetigo in the last couple of days so wish me luck with that!

And congratulations 2have4kids! What lovely news for you! Xxx

Wow so cool seeing everyone a year later! Our DD was born just after 5am on Halloween. I can't believe she's about to be 1. She's already walking everywhere and signing for boobie and all done. She knows the words water, eat and dance too. She loves peeaboo and reading book with daddy. She's a chunker at over 20lbs and still nursing on demand. Loves solids too though!

OMG congrats on twins!!! ( i secretly envy that your having more kids) I just cant decided if i want more or not. I was so sure with all the complications I had during pregnancy and delivery and still now feeling "normal" a year later that I was done... but I just dont know :(

MissR I cant believe your little one is walking. My daugher isnt walking yet, though im sure its just around the corner.

Shelby- Wow walking and talking! My lo isnt talking either... she says num for food or mam mam if she wants me lmao.

Thanks Tink. Well my dream family has 4 kids but after this we'll just be kicking back ntnp. Our DD started walking a month ago, babies are all different. Half of her babies & birth class isn't walking yet and they were all born in oct. In fact most of her class still have no hair or teeth! I feel like her baby days are over:cry: she eats solids and self-weaned herself from boob to bottle at 6 months. MacKinley's cut 5 teeth already (omg the sleepless nights!) and at 23 pounds she's just over 33 inches tall. She's not a chubby chicken by any means but she's as tall as most 2 year old children. She just got her first cold. Does anyone have any good tips for congestion? We're reading her books about baby siblings, hoping she'll catch on a little before they get here. She can't say much but do you ladies ever ask where things are in books ie point to the sun/moon/trees/owl etc she knows what & where everything is! I'm so impressed at these little beings! They're like sponges lol

Omg hi all! Lovely updated pics a year later... Here is Marianne then and now <3

Attachments

• mariannebday.jpg
    mariannebday.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4
Oh my gosh, you guys. I totally fell off the face of the planet after Lucina was born. Sorry! :haha:

She turned 1 on September 8th, and she's walking all over the place!

Attachments

• 14233027_10153883436883543_7541625273224408991_n.jpg
    14233027_10153883436883543_7541625273224408991_n.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 14183845_10153883437388543_7585701890309477723_n.jpg
    14183845_10153883437388543_7585701890309477723_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 14203176_10153883437108543_505648960075151128_n.jpg
    14203176_10153883437108543_505648960075151128_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
  • footprints.jpg
    footprints.jpg