• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2015 October Owls! | The chicks are hatching! *16 boys & 8 girls so far!*

Thank you WW1. Oliver is finally settled. Bless him. For the first time in weeks, he is asleep in his Moses basket! I've been able to go for a wee & have a snack even! The dr told us to go back to the normal milk (come off the comfort) & try the gaviscon again. Turns out gaviscon doesn't thicken in sma comfort!! Since having one feed with gaviscon, he's been so settled. We had a few cries because he was overtired and wouldn't sleep, and then he fell asleep & pooped :haha: but even after that & one failed attempt at the Moses, he finally settled in it! We've had no screaming, no back arching. None of that! I can't believe it.

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me & I don't really have that here :( xxx

Charmed, you are an awesome momma! , dont think you are alone, we all have our struggles.

You can get tons of advice on here.. I just wanted to echo what the others have said. My LO struggles with gas and was such an angry bird when he has it. I did a lot of research on it.. Burping every 1-2oz, keeping upright 20-30 minutes after each feed.. But i also put him on baby probiotics and it has done wonders for the gas and ive read it does the same for colic as well.. Might be something to look into.

Lastly, ive read a lot about how some babies literally wont sleep on their backs. You could try napping him on his tummy during the day where you can watch him and see how he does. Tummy sleeping also helps with gas. But i wouldnt tummy sleep overnight until you know your LO can move his head side to side on his own. Tummy sleeping is controversial BUT i say do what works for you!

Keep up the good work hun!

Hi Aliop. My little girl turned one month two days ago. She's doing great! She does ocassionally throw up, like last night we went to bed and I was burping her and she threw up all over me, so I had to take a shower at 11 pm, and then bathe her :dohh: . Other than that, she's great.

Attachments

• WP_20151111_003.jpg
    WP_20151111_003.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
She is beautiful Rainstorm :cloud9: bummer about the late night throwing up!

A few questions - How old is your LO? Are you using formula? If so, what kind? Or are you pumping and feeding breast milk? Are you tracking what you're eating?

We are combination feeding and our LO had some serious gas issues a few weeks ago.

We originally were on Enfamil, but LO would be sooooo gassy and would be in such discomfort when he tried to pooped. We switched to Good Start with added Omegas, Probiotics, Dietary Fibre and all that good stuff... we noticed a huge difference.

Then, around 3-4 weeks, he started getting gassy again and spit-up a lot. He would cry during feedings. Cry during burping. Nothing was settling him. We went to the doctors and she ruled out reflux or allergy. Instead, she suggested that his digestive system was finally maturing and that this is normal. She recommended we use alcohol free gripe water or Ovol drops if he was really uncomfortable. LO seemed to like the gripe water best.

Then last week, LO was really uncomfortable after breast milk and spit up half of his feed. After doing some research, I learned that I was eating a LOT of the foods they recommend you avoid during breastfeeding: https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/f...on-problems/colic-causing-foods-breastfeeding

Once I cut out all of those foods, LO has been much, much better. Now...mamma' can't live without her morning coffee (lol) so he'll have to suck it up! But otherwise, I'm maintaining a clean diet and have eliminated all of those aggravating foods.

Hope there are some good nuggets of information in my experience that can help you!

Nathan was 10 weeks old yesterday. We are breastfeeding but thankfully I haven't had to avoid any foods. My last baby had problems with wind but the cause of that was a tongue tie. Have you checked for that?

A few questions - How old is your LO? Are you using formula? If so, what kind? Or are you pumping and feeding breast milk? Are you tracking what you're eating?

We are combination feeding and our LO had some serious gas issues a few weeks ago.

We originally were on Enfamil, but LO would be sooooo gassy and would be in such discomfort when he tried to pooped. We switched to Good Start with added Omegas, Probiotics, Dietary Fibre and all that good stuff... we noticed a huge difference.

Then, around 3-4 weeks, he started getting gassy again and spit-up a lot. He would cry during feedings. Cry during burping. Nothing was settling him. We went to the doctors and she ruled out reflux or allergy. Instead, she suggested that his digestive system was finally maturing and that this is normal. She recommended we use alcohol free gripe water or Ovol drops if he was really uncomfortable. LO seemed to like the gripe water best.

Then last week, LO was really uncomfortable after breast milk and spit up half of his feed. After doing some research, I learned that I was eating a LOT of the foods they recommend you avoid during breastfeeding: https://www.askdrsears.com/topics/f...on-problems/colic-causing-foods-breastfeeding

Once I cut out all of those foods, LO has been much, much better. Now...mamma' can't live without her morning coffee (lol) so he'll have to suck it up! But otherwise, I'm maintaining a clean diet and have eliminated all of those aggravating foods.

Hope there are some good nuggets of information in my experience that can help you!

I started avoiding dairy (yes, chocolate too :cry: ) and fatty food on doctor's suggestion after she was born, and she started having trouble pooping. My ds used to be very colicky when he was her age, which is why I tried to be careful this time around. Turns out she isn't colicky so far, so I decided to stop watching my diet to see if she could poop, and she started doing it regularly. So I now eat whatever I want. Of course, I don't eat chocolate every day or have three cups of cofee. I drink a mug of coffee latte in the morning, and an ocassional bar of chocolate and the like, and she's doing quite well in that respect

I am breastfeeding, limit caffeine and have cut out chocolate completely. My boy has silent reflux and is now on losec. He was six weeks yesterday.

Has anyone else's baby started the dreaded catnapping stage? Arghhhh I can set my watch to his 40 min wake:wacko: been through it with all my babies but was hoping by some miracle he'd skip it LOL

So tired today, think it's time to get him out of my bed as co-sleeping is what was working best but I am SO tired, my tired is tired:coffee: just can't get into a deep sleep with him and I'm maxing 1.5hrs sleep at a time and that's only 3-4 stints at best. He is waking way more than my other babies and I am (old!!) exhausted! I can't keep going like this, I've got no help from anyone except my DH of course and I've got three others who need their mummy too. Can't sleep through the day so I am feeling a bit woe is me at the moment. I sort of wish I'd never started full time co-sleeping with him (only ever co-slept with my others in early hours of the morning & when they're sick/upset etc) because now I have no idea how to gently stop :cry:

Catnapping is a thing? Ugh. I wonder if that's what we've been going through! Doesn't help that we get somewhere between 2-5 hours at night, then after that it's just naps. During the day he's not been sleeping much at all, unless he's on one of us.

Oliver has been diagnosed with a cows milk protein allergy & he's now on nutramigen & gaviscon. Poor guy. We had to take him to the hospital in the end, where the nurse told me I was overfeeding and that was why he was in as much pain as he was. She told us to drop him down from 35-40oz per day to 24oz, split into 3oz feeds every 3 hours. Ugh. He was distraught! It wasn't until the consultant witnessed his screaming herself & couldn't settle him (she's a mother and grandmother). She said it was simply unacceptable for him to cry like that & she couldn't take longer than 10 mins of it (welcome to the last 7 weeks of my life!!!). She said scrap the feeding regime, feed the poor boy & start on a cows milk free formula.

I'm possibly going to my GP tomorrow as I'm struggling mentally.. After what we've been going through, I don't think it's a big surprise really! I just can't cope when he cries any more. Goodness knows what she'll say.

Good Luck with your appointment tomorrow charmed. Its good that you are seeking advice to help you cope. Hopefully they can figure out something to help you out. Remember just take it one day at a time. :hugs:

My two-year-old asked his baby sister how she was doing today. I melted.

Aliop I don't know how you do it with four. I have two and A LOT of help and I still go mad at times. I only co sleep with my eldest when he's sick or in the morning just like you... No idea how to stop nightime cosleeping. DD sleeps in a moses basket that attaches to the stroller...
Charmed I'm sorry Oliver's having a tough time, but the good thing is you found what the problem was so now he can only improve. You see? It wasn't you, anyone in your position would have got inmensely stressed out. If that woman with all her experience couldn't take it for even 10 minutes... It will only get better from now on. :hugs:

It's gone quiet in here! I hope everyone is ok :)

All good here, lo had her BCG on Friday and her routine jabs are tomorrow. Hopefully she will cope just as well tomorrow as she did on Friday :)

HI Tally! Glad to hear you're both doing well. Everything fine over here, planning a short getaway after Christmas... :D

Glad to hear you're doing well too rainstorm, a post Xmas getaway sounds brill x

Things have been a bit hectic over here. Our lease is ending in january, so we were trying to decide whether to move or not.

other than that things have been good. Trinh is getting very tall and chunky. She is great at holding her head up. She is also starting to smile more.

We just had our 2 month appointment. He has dropped to the 2nd percentile for weight :( What the heck seriously

Do you have an clue as to why?? Did your pediatrician say why?

Pretty good over here. He is still catnapping which makes days somewhat painful but this time of year is so busy I'm waking him to go to things constantly and because he hates the car he wakes up and screams even if he 'should' be sound asleep, my others all slept beautifully in the capsule and going out was easy but this one is a whole new ball game lol Lucky he is pretty good at night although still primarily in our bed but his feeds have stretched out and some nights after his dream feed at 10ish he is only waking once before I wake him to start the day at 7.

A, What was Eddie before?

He's always been small. He was in the 5th percentile last month. I keep telling them that he spits up a ton, sometimes his whole bottle. They are like, oh that's normal, he's gaining. They are like, as long as he's not projectile vomiting, he's fine. They are going to check him in 2 weeks and we'll go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"