2015 October Rainbow Pumpkins! | 28 rainbows so far!

Come on then ladies, let's see these bumps :)
Here's mine, will be 32 weeks tomorrow, I feel like I'm carrying low this time. I feel huge! Hubby thinks I won't make 40 weeks, says he's just got a feeling little miss might come early lol

https://i59.tinypic.com/119o0pj.jpg

Aching all over! Iv also got carpal tunnel which is not nice at all!

Doing very well here. I am just over 32 weeks and start maternity 2nd September and cannot bloomin wait ! Baby boy is head down already and so happy ! He moves a lot and pokes a lot at night lol.

Yoga is keeping me flexible and hynobirthing is helping to stay relaxed and calm. I am so well prepared now for the birth I cannot wait till October !

Sending lots of love xx

Attachments

• getPart.jpg
    getPart.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Awww, your bumps are so lovely! I'm self-conscious about mine. It's small. She seems to be growing up into my torso (and giving me the WORST 24/7 heartburn) instead of out. My FH measurements are always on track, but she is measuring two weeks too small. And all anyone ever says is "Your belly is so small!"

The other day, two women said, "Oh, we didn't realize you were pregnant! We just thought you were puffy."

You guys have such round cute bumps. Mine doesn't look that big. I'm jealous. My measurements are also right on but my bump isn't that cute. I have to see 2 drs every week due to my gestational diabetes so next week is my first nst. Dr said she wouldn't schedule my c section until the week of October 2nd but I really do not think I will make it to 39 weeks. I hope not anyway. In fact once I hit 37 weeks I think I will do everything I can to induce labor. Lol.

Awww, your bumps are so lovely! I'm self-conscious about mine. It's small. She seems to be growing up into my torso (and giving me the WORST 24/7 heartburn) instead of out. My FH measurements are always on track, but she is measuring two weeks too small. And all anyone ever says is "Your belly is so small!"

The other day, two women said, "Oh, we didn't realize you were pregnant! We just thought you were puffy."

This thread is so quite these days iv just noticed your signature!!!! Congrats momma 😁 would love to hear the birth story x

Awww, thank you!

So, story time:

At 24 weeks, she started measuring smaller, but was still within normal size ranges. She floated around the 35th percentile for a while. Then, at 32 weeks, she dropped below the 10th percentile, and we were diagnosed with IUGR. They classed us as high risk, and I had to come in for monitoring twice a week for the rest of my pregnancy. On Tuesday, I came to the maternal fetal medicine center for a routine doppler/BPP ultrasound. One of my Doppler flows had a slight abnormality, and they sent me to the birthing center triage for an NST. While doing the NST, they took my blood pressure, and it was hiiiigh. They decided to admit me. I was 36+4, and the doctor came in and said they would be monitoring my blood pressure. She said they were hoping I could hold out until Friday (37 weeks), but that I was definitely having a baby this week.

My blood pressure didn't go down. They diagnosed me with pre-eclampsia, and put me on a magnesium sulfate drip. They decided at this point, it was safer to take her out than keep her in.

I had to wait 8 hours from the last time I had eaten, so they wheeled me in to the operating room at about 9:55pm on Tuesday night for a c-section. The spinal block was super easy. Not painful to do at all! They strung up the sheet, brought in hubs, scrubbed me down, and got started.

Lucina Jade was born via c-section at 10:29pm, due to pre-e, IUGR, and breech. They told me after they pulled her out that I have a heart-shaped uterus, and that's why she couldn't flip head-down. She was 3lb 14oz and 17" long. Scored a 9/9 on her Apgar tests.

They had a hard time getting her to cry. She really didn't want to! They managed to get two good cries out of her before giving up. She had her eyes wide open, and she just wanted to look at her new world. She still doesn't cry much, and would rather look around at things. She's started to find her voice in the last day or two, though. Healthy, just small! She has a feeding tube now, just to help her get enough food to start putting on weight.

Hubs feeding her, totally in love:
https://s24.postimg.org/vnjihxk8l/WP_20150911_14_36_28_Rich.jpg

She is already our whole world.
https://s14.postimg.org/5q2d7pldd/WP_20150911_14_52_36_Rich.jpg

Ginger, she's beautiful :). I'm so happy for you, glad you are both ok.

I'm measuring below the 10th centile for weight on my 34 week growth scan (I was measuring normally by the midwives), the doctor has said they will look at early delivery if her growth doesn't follow the curve.

Thanks, ladies! :cloud9:

Ginger, she's beautiful :). I'm so happy for you, glad you are both ok.

I'm measuring below the 10th centile for weight on my 34 week growth scan (I was measuring normally by the midwives), the doctor has said they will look at early delivery if her growth doesn't follow the curve.

Luci was below the 3rd percentile at birth, so her IUGR got severe. But she is doing very well, so don't be scared!

Ginger she's adorbs. Oh there seem to have been many of your October owls that have popped already. I'm still waiting. Nothing happening here. No BH, no show zilch hmmm when will he arrive tick tick tick tick lol

Hi ladies :wave:
Hope everyone is well?

Well i had my beautiful princess on the 25th September at 4.43am :)
I was induced at 38+1 due to continuous reduced movement's. I had been in clinic 6 times to be checked over so they booked me in to be induced.
23rd September i had the propess inserted,had it in for 27hours and it did nothing.
So after that i was taken down to labour ward where my waters were broken and also put on a hormone drip to speed things up. 3 hours later my contractions started coming thick and fast!! They decided to pop a clip on babys head to monitor her heartbeat as i kept knocking the ctg pads of my bump as i was bending over the bed with my contractions. In the end i had 2 midwifes,1 senior midwife and a doctor all around me. Heartbeat kept dipping So They put a speculum in and scrapped babys head to get a tiny blood sample to measure her oxygen levels. Thankfully all turnd out fine and i went from 5cm dilated to 10cm dilated in 20mins and 10mins of pushing.
My baby girl weighed 8lb and 1/2 oz :)
She is now 8 days old and we are so in love with her! She sleeps great at the mintue so im feeling pretty good in myself.
Hubby has another 4 weeks of work and hes been a rock!! I do the night feeds and he gets up with the girl's does school run and sorts the baby out whilst i stay in bed abit longer :)
So here is our princess.
Scarlett-Grace
https://i61.tinypic.com/33xh3c7.jpghttps://i57.tinypic.com/18p5zn.jpg

Not sure why my pics keep coming out side ways lol

Congratulations girls on your beautiful rainbows..

I'm still here with just over a week to go. Had a couple of checks and late scans due to reduced movements but she is doing well, had my first stretch and sweep last Tuesday at 38 weeks and had a 'leak' followed by blood loss Wednesday morning but told nothing to worry about.

So anxious at the minute, I'm so close but still seems so far...

I thought I'd been on here and written that I had my baby boy Théodore on the 5th October. I'm so thrilled with how things went and so happy to have paid for independent midwives. My little one was born at home in the pool weighing in at 7lbs 15oz. Not sure how long I was in labour for lol in fact I don't even recall being in active labour ... All I can remember is transition and the ulmightey urge to go to the bathroom .... My midwives thought I was still in early labour given that I was offering cups of tea and biscuits at 2am 🙊 But upon examination they found I was fully dilated. I hardly had any surges. I and my hubby had to encourage them to come on lol they left us to it !! Was rather embarrassing that it got documented in the birth progress report but hey ho you gotta do what you gotta do to get those hormones flowing ... He came out easily, I never tore thank God !! And I was able to catch him... Everything I dreamed of.

Hi ladies! I must have lost track of time!! Being a new mother has me very busy! But I was induced September 29th due to preclampsia. She was born September 30th t 10:59am! Her name is khloe mashell Baker weighing in at 6lbs 2oz. She had to be readmitted a few days after we were released because she had jaundice but I'm happy to say we are doing great now!

Attachments

• IMG_20151028_131037.jpg
    IMG_20151028_131037.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3
My beautiful rainbow baby Freya Iris born 29 October at 5.21am weighing 8.7lbs :cloud9:

Woke up at 12 with contractions 10 minutes apart they quickly went to 5 minutes and then 3. I arrived at the hospital by 3.15 and Freya was born at 5.21.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583