2015 September Sweet Peas!!! all welcome to join

babifever, I am shocked at this doctors reaction. :wacko:

I have had an u/s at 5, 6 and 7 weeks so I have seen the progression. At 5 weeks they told me up front that you won't see much. I just saw the gestational sack and the yolk sac. It was at 6 weeks that they saw an embryo.

If you are not getting AF, you have HCG numbers, and a gestational sack.....you are pregnant. Sure he doesn't know if it will turn out down the line but it's the same for every single pregnant woman out there. It doesn't mean that you don't treat a pregnant person because you don't know how the pregnancy is going to work out. If that were the case none of us would get treated. Why would I be going for u/s because this may not be a positive pregnancy. But if you don't treat a pregnant person...the odds are better that it won't be a successful pregnancy.

Sounds like you are going to have to fight for you and your little bean!

babifever I can't believe that the doctor treated you that way. Sometimes they need to have some more compassion and work with you. And regardless of what they see on the u/s if you have a positive pregnancy test you should be treated medically as being pregnant. That means treating your sugars and getting you to where you need to be safely. I hope you get everything figured out soon, I hate when the sensitivity is lost by providers.

OH man I can't even believe that! Actually I can, because some doctors can be so insensitive. To think I was upset that my u/s tech wouldn't give me a photo! What a rude rude man. I'm hoping that you can find a doc that works with you whom you really like. You ARE PREGNANT!!! Let's see him pee on a stick and make two lines come up.. jeez!

Thanks you guys. I just woke up, I had to take a nap after that; I will be writing a review for him, he was just wrong. Thankfully he's not my only option. The plan was to work with him along with my obgyn. My obgyn I won't see again until next Tuesday for my third ultrasound, its a she. This week I seen her colleague who was great. He's the one that's going to call back Tom. I can't believe the nerves of that high risk doctor. My husband is pissed. He's like were going up there tomorrow, haha. I'm like dh we can't do that! I guess they will have to find another maternal fetus physician to work along with. I refuse to ever see him again.

:waves:

Im a midwife (student- a very good one!) With a special antenatal/ embryology interest and at 5 weeks you can only see a gestational sac.
I had a scan on Wednesday at 5+4 and it was very unclear. An 18mm corpus luteum and a gestational sac with a yolk sac.

You wouldnt expect to see a heartbeat or a fetal pole at 5 weeks ( although not impossible).

Towards 6 weeks the fetal pole becomes much more pronounced and should be able to be seen towards the end of the 6th week- 7th week.

babifever what a terrible experience! I'm so sorry you dealt with that. I would for sure voice your dissatisfaction with that doctor and be sure to never ever see him again!

:waves:

Im a midwife (student- a very good one!) With a special antenatal/ embryology interest and at 5 weeks you can only see a gestational sac.
I had a scan on Wednesday at 5+4 and it was very unclear. An 18mm corpus luteum and a gestational sac with a yolk sac.

You wouldnt expect to see a heartbeat or a fetal pole at 5 weeks ( although not impossible).

Towards 6 weeks the fetal pole becomes much more pronounced and should be able to be seen towards the end of the 6th week- 7th week.

Thanks so much for the infomation. Question, what all would you see at 5 weeks, 5 days.....thats my edd based on my LMP.

So I know I shouldn't have but I just took my temperature and it was really low! Like 97.3 which is right about beloe my coverline this last month. Should I be worried? I sometimes am colder during the day than first thing in the morning, randomly

Thanks so much for the infomation. Question, what all would you see at 5 weeks, 5 days.....thats my edd based on my LMP.

I actually have a link in my sig to my 5w5d scan pic (text link below ticker). LMP is just a rough estimate -not super reliable; knowing when you ovulated is even better. If you ovulated just a couple days later than you thought based on LMP it would make a huge difference and you would only see a gestational sac.

Knobby - thank you so much for taking the time to compile the due date list. However, could you please move me to Sept 3rd (not Sept 2nd). Thank you so much

Hi Mango, thanks, I"m not feeling to bad at the moment, having random days of feeling a bit 'off' but nothing major, if my last pregnancy is anything to go by, i'll feel great until about 8 wks and then spend the next 3 months vomiting daily.. :wacko:

Knobby I won't be having a scan until 12 wks and don't have an LMP to go off, but based on OV dates, I'm thinking its around the 20th Sep... So for the lists sake, put it down then, bubs will come whenever it wants. :happydance:

For those interested I've started up a FB group to chat as I know the forum boards can be a bit difficult to keep up with... it's a secret group and you'll need to add me as a friend so then I can add you to the group, (you're then welcome to remove my friendship). My facebook name is Adele Sutters and the profile picture is me in a pin up dress all sultry like. :blush:

I've added you on FB - my names laura h :)

For those interested I've started up a FB group to chat as I know the forum boards can be a bit difficult to keep up with... it's a secret group and you'll need to add me as a friend so then I can add you to the group, (you're then welcome to remove my friendship). My facebook name is Adele Sutters and the profile picture is me in a pin up dress all sultry like. :blush:

I requested you - Jyllian Fraley :thumbup:

melewen - I know they say not to temp so maybe temps could be random. Are you still having symptoms?

Babifever, what a terrible experience and idiotic doctor. The hsg link you shared a few pages ago says hsg under 5 not pregnant, 15 inconclusive and 25 pregnant --> yours is above 600 so clearly pregnant. Same link says you can see a hearbeat at 6w0d or as soon as your hsg reached 16.800 so some ppl woukd reach that at 5w6 days while others may reach it at 6w4days...

Good luck and hope you see a better doctor next time.

Not knowing what's happening is horrible. I'm in the same boat --> my body kills my babies due to over reactive immune system. There's a treatment I could receive to aid my chances of keeping it but due to circumstances at the moment I cannot :( against all odds im still hoping for a miracle and for my tough baby to survive my body attacks... Counting the days till second tri...

Hugs

Aww Kika that's awful! Praying that your body is nice and your lil bean can stick around :hugs:

melewen - I know they say not to temp so maybe temps could be random. Are you still having symptoms?

Yeah I definitely am. Honestly my coverline is probably set too high! But no more temping for me! The reason I temped last night is because I was so hot I thought my temp would be like 99! But no spotting, no weird intuitions, nothing. So I feel good :) gestational sac and yolk sac are all the right size at the right time and my levels are high. I'm just wigging myself out for no reason!

melewen that's funny you mentioned temping because I was actually considering temping one of these mornings just out of curiosity. I haven't temped since December 26th/15DPO. I have read all over the internet to just stop once you get the :bfp: and I don't want to stress myself out so I suppose I'll forget the idea.

*Side note* Since becoming pregnant, I've been wondering why BnB doesn't have a "HUNGRY" option in the Currently Feeling drop down menu :shrug: That'd be my permanent status :laugh2:

I'm always hungry too!

Is anyone else still doing digi tests?? I did one last Friday and another on Tuesday both said 1-2 weeks. I'm going to do one in the morning and hopefully its gone up! I'm getting a bit worried!

Have sent a facebook request :wave:

babyfever, sorry your doctor was so insensitive. With my last pregnancy, the midwife told me I was most likely miscarrying because they didn't see a fetal pole. I wasn't even six weeks, but I had a lot of bleeding. Turns out I had a subchorionic hematoma. The baby stuck (she's 15 months) and I had a great pregnancy. I'm glad you won't be seeing that dr. anymore. What a jerk.

Hugs to you Kika. I hope this one is a fighter!!

My due date is Sept. 11th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->