2019 Junebugs

In about 3 weeks next scan. I got the duck egg, I had 2 on hold depending on the gender. Wanted the pink one if a girl

Clearly I have a lot of catching up to do! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit - my kids have been VERY sick! Thankfully our house is back to healthy at the moment :)

Mummy - Good! Thanks for asking! No news to report really. Was told I need to drink more water (which I really already knew) and heard HB. Made a whole bunch of future appointments too. I'm all set up until around 36 weeks!!!

LarZ - I'm glad to hear you have a service to check the carseat you got from FreeCycle. Around here we don't have any services like that... we're advised to only accept used carseats when we know for sure the source and that it's never been in an accident (and not expired). I hope the service works out and that yours is good!

BabyBump - Glad you contacted Maxi Cosi directly! Perfect! I was going to say, we bought our infant seat in 2012 (Maybe 2013...) My daughter was born May 7, 2013, so sometime before that :shrug: and that one is still good for now, as it lasts 7 or 8 years. I should check, but I don't plan on using the infant carrier for long... I prefer a convertible rear-facing seat and babywearing anyway.

LarZ - I am from Connecticut, USA. :flower: I was on group like this for both my son and my daughter. We went on to make a Facebook group for May 2013 babies and a FB group for March 2016 babies. The May group, for my daughter, only has about 5 moms on it and we're honestly not that great about keeping in touch often, but the March 2016 group is very close. There are about 35 of us. I'm mentioning it because that group has moms from all over - We have USA, UK, Australia, & New Zealand. I believe that's it though <3

Moving on to another page of what I've missed... will continue to catch up as I am able! <3 <3 <3

Ooo I’ve seen some lovely grey changing bags .. tempted myself to get a grey one with black straps .

Glad to read your all better now Bella ! Illnesses are so damn stressful ! Yeah I couldn’t rest until I got some proper information direct ! Hopefully ours will be good when we get it out . I like to give all baby stuff a good check over anyway.

ENT today went well ! No hearing loss in fact the doctor said I have very good hearing for my age! He couldn’t find anything wrong with my ear or nose either. He’s not sure if the tinnitus is pregnancy related or not so have to wait until baby is born to see if it resolves and a follow up appointment in July to investigate further if needed. He was so nice and didn’t give me the usual it’s tinnitus live with it !

Mummy - Symptoms here have been weird. Let's see.. for DD, I had really bad heartburn, I was SUPER emotional and often very down/sad/bad attitude, I had greasy hair, and acne. For DS, I had really bad heartburn, a good/positive attitude, gorgeous hair that never seemed to get dirty, and clear skin. For this baby (team yellow), heartburn has actually been fairly managable, my hair has been great, little bit of acne, SUPER emotional/down/sad/bad attitude. Sooooo kind of a mix this time around, so it doesn't point me directly to boy or girl based on my symptoms with my first two :shrug:

Emzee - Congrats on the new car! We upgraded to a minivan right before finding out I was pregnant. 8 seater. Prior to that, we had a small 5 seater SUV, and before that I had DD in a sedan. LOVE my van (despite being moreso against minivans in the beginning!) So convenient!

Mummy - Hospital bags! Oh gosh! I'm starting to think about what to wear in the hospital, but not bag packing just yet. For my DD & DS I stayed in the hospital gown due to the postpartum bleeding and constant checks.... but I really feel like I'd like to wear some real clothes this time! I just want something conducive to breastfeeding, skin to skin, and being checked constantly.... thinking maybe nursing nightgown? But I also hate to buy something JUST for the hospital :shrug: I'll probably pack my bag 4 weeks out... knowing my DS was 2.5 weeks early. You??

Hoping - Good luck on your glucose test! I'll be joining you in another week and a half :wacko:

MrsJJ - AWESOME that you just got to eat a big breakfast for yours! Jealous over here! :haha:

On a side note - my glucola is lemon-lime flavored this time! With DS & DD it was orange flavored. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm not a sweet drink/soda person anyway - I just drink water and plain/unflavored seltzer usually.

As for those of you discussing months... I counted backward from my due date and marked it on a calendar. Since I'm due June 2nd, I counted May 2nd - June 2nd as my 9th month, April 2nd - May 2nd as my 8th month, and March 2nd - April 2nd as my 7th month. Soooo I'd say I'm "almost in my 7th month" at this exact point - or 26 weeks to make it easy :haha:

Failed the 1 hour glucose. Taking 3 hour tomorrow. BLEH. That orange crap made me feel bad the first time now I gotta do it on an empty stomach and drink 100g instead of 50g. Not looking forward to it. Seems I also have a cold today lol. Good times! Hope everyone is well.

@Shanlee16 Hoping everything turns out just fine! Hugs :)

I'm with you all with potty training! My son will be 3 in another week and a half. We bought Blaze underwear & he was SO excited! He is a heavy wetter, but if we sit him on the potty and ask him to go, he'll usually squeeze a bit out :haha: The catch is getting him to hold it until he's on the potty! He wanted to try on the Blaze underwear... 10 minutes later he had peed in them and asked for his diaper back :wacko: I'd love to get him trained before baby arrives but.... IDK.

DaTucker - BEAUTIFUL scan pics!!!

Mummy - Congrats on double digits! Your comment made me look up my own - 97 days for me, too! Yay! Kinda crazy it's coming up! Going home outfit... hmm.... I was planning on washing DS's and DD's newborn clothes and picking something EASY to put on. I remember with DD I had the cutest little onesie, pants, and hoodie. SO DIFFICULT TO DRESS A NEWBORN though! It was SO hard to get on her! I went with a one piece button-up for DS! I think I'll pick out my favorite one piece button up from DD to send LO home in... or maybe I'll pick up a gender neutral outfit and pack a boyish hat or girlish headband to go with? I'd love something new but wanted to stick to gender specific.... I'm more of a pink or blue versus yellow and green kinda girl! Those of you who have kids already - are any of you re-using going home outfits? Or def grabbing something new?

BabyBump - :hugs: I hope everything is okay! Keep us posted! :hug:

Mummy - adorable bump shot! Thanks for sharing! <3

Hoping - Good luck! Out of curiosity - what flavor did they give you??

Hoping - NOOOOO Ugh sorry hun!!! Hope it isn't so bad and that you pass the 3 hour one!

Mark & Annie - Such a cute bump shot! <3

Wifey - Can't wait to see!

BabyBump - I didn't get to get any new baby gear... but I do have a few strollers. To be honest, we don't use them much. DH tucked them away into a corner of the garage where they're tough to get to, so I don't end up bothering with them. I have an older Graco one that I got new with my DD. I have a snap-n-go for the infant carseat. I have an umbrella stroller. I also have a sit & stand.... but when it comes down to it, I'm all about babywearing, so I'm more apt to wear baby rather than use the stroller :shrug:

Shanlee - SO sorry you're going through this! I think they would have told you if there was something specific they were looking for. I was sent to high risk at my 20 week anatomy scan due to calcifications they found in baby's abdomen.... which ended up being some sort of shadow or ribs according to the high risk doctor because everything was FINE. They did say my placenta was marginally close to my cervix though, so I have to go back for another scan next week to check on that. FX yours also ends up being just a precaution and that nothing comes of it <3

Mummy - JUJUBE!!!!!! Look into them for diaper bags - OMG LOVE mine!!! Will never go back! I have a BRB and ADORE it! LMK if you're interested in seeing pics &/or how I pack it, LOL. Check out packing videos on youtube. SO worth it!

I'm almost caught up ladies! One page to go! :rofl:

Babybump - Yay! Glad you're happy with your response from your doctor! Really hoping it clears up for you once you're no longer pregnant. I can't imagine - that must be incredibly annoying!!!

Hoping - Nooooooooo! So sorry hun! Hope you pass the 3 hour one :hugs:

YAY I'm caught up! :happydance: Not much else to say as I've commented on EVERYTHING I've missed! Baby is SUPER active lately! Hiccups happen often. Super annoying when they do though :haha: It was cute the first time, then it just feels like being poked ENDLESSLY in the belly - happens often when I'm trying to sleep! I remember it happened a lot with my son, so maybe a boy?? :rofl: Grasping at straws here! Team Yellow is starting to be a bit of a downer as I want to get ready for baby! :haha:

Hope everyone is well!!!!! <3 <3 <3

I had orange and it wasn't bad. Tasted like some kind of punch lol. I do not know why I felt so crappy later on in the day after it. I was supposed to be at 135 or under and my level was 159. I should pass the 3 hour I hope. I hope this cold doesn't mess with the results in any way :(

@DaTucker I agree! It’s very impressive!!!! Haha!

@Hoping4numbr3 what does the 3hour one involve? Hopefully you pass that one.

@BellaRosa8302 i actually had a JuJuBe with my first. I used to work at a company who packed them... so they have me one when I left but I sold it to my sister years ago!!!! I’m not sure if I want a backpack one or a over the shoulder one! So many designs and colours!!! We are getting most things second hand this time so I think I may treat myself to a new change bag though.

They take your fasting blood right when u get in. Then you drink double the glucose you had at the first exam. Then you get blood tested at the 1 hour mark, 2 hour mark, and 3 hour mark. 2 abnormal results and you have gestational diabetes. I just had my 1 hour test. Waiting on 2nd your then 3rd. I will probably have it but it is what it is.

I failed my one hour screen. Ugh. I have to do the 3 hour. I’m so sad, although I half expected it. :(

Hoping - Did you have a big or sugary breakfast and/or lunch? I can't remember who - receptionist, phlebotomist, midwife, etc. said something, but when I scheduled my glucose test, someone mentioned to just go easy on the sweets that day. Maybe watch your carbs & sugar intake before going for the test so your body isn't on complete sugar overload when you take the test?

DaTucker - :rofl: You seriously made me laugh out loud! I don't want to miss anything :haha: Thanks for noticing that I'm trying to keep up here! :flower:

Mummy - I have a BRB and ADORE it! I got it for the summer, because I'm a teacher and get to pretend to be a SAHM with my kiddos in the summer. I take them on weekly daytrips and need something to hold all the snacks they ask for, their water bottles, activities for if we go out to eat, meds/band-aids for boo-boos, diapers & wipes for my son, spare pajamas in case we're out too late, and my own necessities - because I do NOT want to have to carry a purse on top of the diaper bag! I LOVE my bag so much! It is so convenient! My daughter is in a mini-me stage and wants one for herself so I got her a mini-be. I'll probably use it as a "big sister" gift or something.... haven't given it to her yet. But it will be convenient for her to be able to hold her own things when we go places - kind of a like an activity/go-bag. Plus, I'll need some space in the bag for the new baby :cloud9: I'm already thinking I'll at least need a new be quick with changing necessities for the little one! Waiting to see if it's a boy or a girl before I order one! :haha: Up until this past summer, I had a Skip-Hop shoulder diaper bag that was gender neutral. DH and I had chosen it before our first was born. I kinda hated it - I loved that it had great pockets, but once the pockets were full, you couldn't access what was in the main compartment of the big bag. Just wasn't my favorite... But yes - Get something that makes you happy! <3

Hoping - Noooooo ugh. Maybe watch what you eat the day before then? Since you need to fast for the test?

Wifey - UGH so sorry hun! Best of luck on the 3 hour! See what I wrote to hoping above - maybe that will help you too?? <3

AFM - We finally narrowed down names to two names for each gender! :happydance: It's been so tough to get DH to sit down and talk names with me! We had our DS & DD's names chosen before we were even married, so this is somewhat new to us :haha: If it is a boy, it will either be Lucas Alexander or Lucas James. If it is a girl, Ava Rose or Emma Rose. :cloud9: Now it's going to be tough to get down to one for each gender, but at least we've gotten this far!!!

You have to fast for the 3 hour test. I didn't eat anything 12 hours beforehand. I am pretty sure I might have failed but that is okay. I will deal with it :)

I'm sorry so many momma's are having to do the 3 hour test, it's so common, so many false positives. A little tip: the day before keep your carbs/starches to a minimum and stay away from sweets. That's how I failed with my 1st pregnancy, I had a donut the night before and even though I fasted afterward it screwed everything up. :dohh:

I got my results and I passed the 2 hour/breakfast test I did. I passed a little too well, my glucose was lower after breakfast than it was from fasting so I'm wondering if my doc is going to tell me I didn't eat enough sugary foods... I guess he'll tell me. :shrug:

@Shanlee16 - Hon, don't be concerned about the anatomy scan. Same happened to me when I went in around 19/20 weeks. She was just too small to get a really good view of all of the heart valves and such so my doc is having me go back next week at 27 weeks because it's just easier to see all those small details when the baby is bigger. :hugs:

@Hoping4numbr3 when do you get the results?

@wifeybby when do you have your 3 hour test?

@BellaRosa8302 the mini be is sooo super cute! I love the idea she has a similar bag to you. What colour did you get it in? The idea of the be quick sounds great too! But like you say until you know baby’s gender you can’t really pick a colour! My search continues!!!! Also loving your names! It is so difficult picking two sets of names.

I had sweets yesterday so I know I am screwed. My fasting blood sugar was in the 90's normally it is 70-80's. I am sure I will get put on the GD diet but it might not be so terrible. I probably will hear back tomorrow.

@Mrs. JJ Some ladies on a different forum that I do not participate on mentioned that their doctors told them to eat a donut 2x to 3x a day for the 3 days before the 3 hour test to help out. I find this interesting. The truth is though that yesterday I ate like I normally been eating this pregnancy. So if my body is having a reaction to the carbs and it is dangerous to the baby I would rather know then try to avoid what I normally eat just to pass the test if that makes sense? :)

@Hoping4numbr3 - I know what you mean, mostly I think it's helpful to be extra careful prior to the 1st test because it's so prone to give false positives. And if you overdo the sweets the day before it's going to throw everything off no matter the test. But the 3 hour is more accurate so fingers crossed it goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->