2019 Junebugs

Ooo so much to catch up on !!

My hip pain seems to be a bit better since I invested in more firmer pillows ! Thankfully !

Good luck on your GD diet hoping that must be so hard ! Good luck to other ladies waiting on test results too !

Cute outfit mummy . We have a outfit too for baby coming home ! Will post a pic later !

Baby is coming in with me and DH for the first few months then hopefully into his own room . I am in no rush to sort a nursery out for this reason . The girls will be sharing a room !

We just need to buy clothes! Picked up a few plain white bodysuits the other day nothing too interesting ! Another B12 injection for me today and then the midwife on Wednesday ! Everyone keeps telling me how small I am for nearly 27 weeks making me kinda nervous but we will see how the bump is measuring on Wednesday !

Is anyone else still waiting on that big kick ? I’ve been feeling stronger movements and can see baby moving when watching my stomach but Ive only felt one big kick which was last week?

hope your injection goes ok today. Everyone loves to comment on how big or small bump is don’t they! My bumps have always gotten smaller. This one measured 28cm last week so on my graph/chart I plotted near the 91st centile. I’m sure all is fine. I had a few big big kicks last night... I see baby move lots but definitely a big strong lot last night xx

Advice please ladies especially if I'm like me.and have midwife,

Wisdom tooth pain would rather give birth its horrid, dentist said paracetamol and can have a day of ibrufen to help with the pain and anti biotics all they can do. I had a dose of ibrufen at 4am cos couldn't sleep and another at 12 lunch time. Baby has started have patterns of movemnwt for about 3 weeks, he hasn't moved since.last night, tried orange juice, ice cream and lying down. Even.had my 1 coffee in aloud and nothing, started to panic this evening so rang maternity assessment who told me off for having ibrufen, then said they weren't concerned but as my.own midwife works Wednesday only here s the number for the community midwife who are 24/7. Been ringing for 2 hours and no answer, I know they do home.births etc but I never really with community midwives before do they close or are they 24 hours. Rang mau back and they won't see.me as I'm.not.28 weeks yet.

I don't know what to do

Advice please ladies especially if I'm like me.and have midwife,

Wisdom tooth pain would rather give birth its horrid, dentist said paracetamol and can have a day of ibrufen to help with the pain and anti biotics all they can do. I had a dose of ibrufen at 4am cos couldn't sleep and another at 12 lunch time. Baby has started have patterns of movemnwt for about 3 weeks, he hasn't moved since.last night, tried orange juice, ice cream and lying down. Even.had my 1 coffee in aloud and nothing, started to panic this evening so rang maternity assessment who told me off for having ibrufen, then said they weren't concerned but as my.own midwife works Wednesday only here s the number for the community midwife who are 24/7. Been ringing for 2 hours and no answer, I know they do home.births etc but I never really with community midwives before do they close or are they 24 hours. Rang mau back and they won't see.me as I'm.not.28 weeks yet.

I don't know what to do

Hope your ok hun. My community midwives are based in my local maternity hospital . According to my notes it’s a 24/7 number . If you cannot get through I would be going to the hospital just to get checked over ! Hope all is well !

hope your injection goes ok today. Everyone loves to comment on how big or small bump is don’t they! My bumps have always gotten smaller. This one measured 28cm last week so on my graph/chart I plotted near the 91st centile. I’m sure all is fine. I had a few big big kicks last night... I see baby move lots but definitely a big strong lot last night xx

Injection went ok thanks hurts though ha ! Another one on Wednesday when I see the midwife . Sick of these already and I’ve got 4 more to go ! Peoples comments are so annoying ! I’ve actually had really strong movements tonight and a few lumps and bumps on my tummy ! I know it’s just my mind playing tricks and making me worry !

If I can’t reach my midwife at the drs surgery (she only does one day a week too) then we call medicom (community midwives) if they can’t get hold of my midwife I can speak to another or they will call back. Have you had any luck with getting hold of them? Maybe try maternity assessment again? Might have had a change of shift and you may speak to someone else?!

Still no lick getting through rang maternity assessment again amd they still wont see me as im not 28 weeks and seeing as I have an app tomoro with my own midwife they said I'll be fine to wait till then. It's at 9 am, think I felt him move once this morning but still nothing like what's he's normally,

Ugh - I can't imagine them not checking on you and baby. Makes no sense.

Oh so frustrating! It’s terrible you can’t even get through to your midwife! Even if it’s just to offer some kind of reassurance! Have you felt baby boy much as the day has gone on? Maybe his pattern has just changed?

MrsJJ - Thanks for the tip! I put the belly band thing you posted in my amazon cart! More and more lately, I end the day feeling like my pelvis is going to split in two! And yes, I've def got the twin question more than once :cry:

Mkyerby - YES on the going home outfits! Def don't make it too complicated! When I had my first (DD) I got her this really cute onesie/bodysuit with matching pants, hoodie, and hat. HOLY COW it was hard to get her into it! So, when I had my DS, I got a one piece snap-up outfit and a hat - DONE! Hard enough to get him into that! Will def be choosing another cute one-piece outfit this time around! Still debating on whether to wash & use hand-me-downs from my DD & DS (since we're team yellow I'd bring a couple for either gender) or whether to buy new... but if I buy new I have to deal with returning the gender that it is not or go gender neutral. :shrug: Haven't decided. I'm not a huge fan of gender neutral.... but at least for a girl I can always add a bow :haha:

Mummy - Thanks for asking! The scan went well! My placenta moved as they expected it would :happydance: Unfortunately though, I didn't pass my glucose test :cry: On to the 3 hour one.... any advice from anyone who has been through it?? I have to go do it on Saturday... <3

Mark&Annie - Hope you start feeling better soon! I was told I am slightly anemic and that I need to start iron too. Not looking forward to the constipation :haha: but hopefully we'll both start feeling better soon <3

Shanlee - :rofl: I haven't gotten or done ANYTHING for baby. I'm working on a registry (not that I expect anyone to buy off of it - it's our 3rd child!) but at least I can get a discount on completion when the time comes. Not much is on it to be honest - diapers, a new sound machine (which would honestly go to my DS and the sound machine I already have in the nursery would stay there), a pop-up playpen type thing, and I found this cool night-light thing that I heard is great for nursing moms in the middle of the night - if I recall, I believe it lacks blue light so it is supposed to make it so you're able to sleep better while it's on. That way, I can see to latch baby, and DH can hopefully continue to sleep, as he'll be working and I'll be home for a bit. Not to mention I always hated turning on the bright light in order to nurse a newborn in the middle of the night.... but I know I need to pay attention to my latch early on to prevent soreness. Anyway, that's about it really... and like I said, nothing has actually been purchased off of it! :haha:

Awwww Mummy, I love that outfit! Adorable! You know what, I've been curious about temperature though. Like, that outfit is long sleeve and has the footies... what if it's super hot out by the time we give birth? IDK. I recall that I had a long sleeve footie outfit for DS and it was abnormally warm that day - in the 80s!!! And poor little guy had to just sweat it out because I had nothing else for him :haha:

mkyerby - You'll get excited again once she's here and you see that all is well. No worries <3 Glad that your DH is getting excited! I wish mine would be a bit more like that :haha: I know he's excited to have a 3rd, but he doesn't often talk about it other than saying stuff like, "Wow, soon we'll have another little one" every so often. :) I also feel a bit disconnected from this one, but I think that may be due to team yellow.... so many fun things about having a surprise, but also a bit of disconnection not knowing who is in my belly :wacko:

Mark&Annie - I'm in the same boat. DS's new room will def not be ready by the time baby comes, so as much as I'm not happy about it, DS will still be in the nursery. We will probably pull DS's new dresser into our room and put baby's clothes in there for now. I know I'll set up a makeshift changing table in my room and we'll have the co-sleeper set up, so yeah, baby will be shacking up with us for a bit in the beginning for sure!

Jules - so interesting you talk about that... Everytime I get an ultrasound done, they say my uterus is conracting & they have to wait for it to go down to get a measurement. I feel like my belly is CONSTANTLY hard too! And usually when I'm up and walking around as opposed to sitting down. No real exercise here to speak of other than walking :haha: And I can never tell when one ends and the next begins :shrug: IDK what to think....

BabyBump - Oh gosh, people & pregnancies come in all shapes & sizes! I'm sure your size is fine <3 As for big kicks YES - all the time! Yesterday I swear baby was having seizures! My entire tummy was rolling in waves! It was crazy! I looked it up and apparently that's normal - they described it as baby splashing in the amniotic fluid :haha: Thank goodness because I was worried for a bit! Maybe the placement of your placenta is preventing you from feeling the big kicks??

Emzeebob - Can you just go to the ER?? I had reduced fetal movement and they ordered me straight to the hospital (but I'm in the US). Can they refuse to see you if you go to the ER?? I'd say just go, screw what they're telling you over the phone! Hope you and baby are okay! :hugs:

AFM.... as I said above, scan went well, but I didn't pass the glucose test so I need to do the 3 hour test on Saturday. I'm slightly anemic so I need to start iron. Just a little nervous about the possibility of having GD. I read that people with GD get induced around 38 weeks? Anyone have any advice or knowledge to share about that?

Still no lick getting through rang maternity assessment again amd they still wont see me as im not 28 weeks and seeing as I have an app tomoro with my own midwife they said I'll be fine to wait till then. It's at 9 am, think I felt him move once this morning but still nothing like what's he's normally,

Wow that’s bad that they went even see you !! Would they see you in the early pregnancy unit? I would be having words with your midwife about the lack of support you’ve received the last few days, hopefully she will be more reassuring and helpful !

@BellaRosa8302 - wow that’s crazy haha glad baby is really active for you !! I’ve felt loads of stronger moments especially since I posted but still no big kick it’s more a feeling of baby just rolling around in there ! Last scan at 20 weeks showed my placenta was posterior .

Glad your scan went well ! Sorry you failed your GD test . I don’t think I’ve ever been tested for GD in any pregnancy , what makes them test for it, certain risk factors ?!

Midwife tomorrow - looking forward to hearing baby’s heartbeat !

Emzee - I’m sorry the ob/mw isn’t more supportive. What torture :hugs: hope all is well <3

Shan, did you have another appt? I feel like one was on the 11th or so? Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else lol

I failed my one hour glucose test but passed the 3 hour, thank god. Can’t wait til baby girl is here! We’ve bought a lot to prepare, just need some little things still but we’re basically ready. Come on, baby!

BabyBump - Thanks! It’s standard in the US (to my knowledge) to do the 1 hr screen at 28 weeks. I’ve had it done with all 3 of my pregnancies. This is the first time I haven’t passed though.

Wifey - thanks for the input! Glad you passed yours!

Emzee - any news??

@BellaRosa8302 - ohhh I see . I think here in the UK is based on risk factor!

@emzeebob - hope you and baby are well !

Midwife went well , baby was moving around like crazy , HB was strong 146bpm. Measuring 28 weeks ! ( I’m 27 tomorrow !) both DDs measured bang on each week! I may be heading for a bigger baby ha . I must be carrying a lot different this time as I do feel smaller but then again it’s all front and not round! Baby was breach but then moved to transverse! Doesn’t mean anything at this stage ! She did mention my platlets are being 257,000. Not sure what that means . Assume it’s something to do with the iron B12 issues !

Next appointment is 1 May when I will be 34 weeks !

Last edited:
Babybump - OMG! 38 weeks!!!! Wow! Is that the size of the baby or your fundal height?? I'm surprised they're not seeing you again until May 1st based on size alone!!!! Here in US, we're down to appointments every 2 weeks regardless (28 weeks till 36 weeks) then at 36 weeks, we start weekly appointments until delivery. Feels crazy that the end is in sight! I was told at my last appointment that baby was breach.... but that they should flip head down by 32 weeks or so and not to worry.

Anyone else starting to get really nervous about labor? I'm determined to go natural/no pain meds again, but I'm so scared of the pain. It's intense, to say the least....

As a first time mom, I’m definitely intimidated by labor! Looking into classes and options. My next appt is the 25th, hoping my new OB has good recommendations!

38 weeks!!!! Wow! With my first I measured 2-3 cm bigger than my weeks but he was my smallest.

Isn’t it crazy how different care is! We go every 2 weeks from 34 weeks. Then get seen at 41 and 42 weeks if we get that far.

I do think about labour on occasion!!! Haha! Each time I’ve been more worried about labour.... to the point with the last I dreaded any twinge that labour could be starting!!!! I’ve no idea why though as I know I can do it and I can do it without pain relief so I’m unsure of the factor that scares me?! Maybe the unpredictability of it all???? I’m trying not to think to much of it and when I do keep it as positive as I can. Hopefully a homebirth and my last beautiful baby at the end of it.

Have any of you thought about your delivery plan as yet?? Or put anything g down in your notes?!

@emzeebob any news lovely?

This baby was head down last week but I feel like it hangs out on my back a bit as my bump quite often doesn’t have the hard lumps of baby but more hands and feet.

wifey - I took a class and a hospital tour before having my first. I definitely think it helped! One of the best things about it (IMO) was learning about the interventions that could happen with birth. For example, there's this monitor that they could attach to baby's head if need be... I had never seen nor heard about it. Just had a bunch of little things that are good to know. Plus actually seeing the rooms, the nursery, having opportunities to ask questions - it all helped. I hope your OB can help you find a good one! Def look into what your own hospital offers, too :flower:

Mummy - I know everything will be okay in the end (well, I hope!) that's not really my worry.... I'm more remembering how painful it was and dreading going through that part of it, yet looking forward to the moment it's over and baby is placed on my chest. I remember that moment with my first two, clear as day! Those are definitely moments I'll never forget and I can't wait to experience THAT part again! It's getting there that is nerve wracking! My mantra with my son was "I don't want to do this again!" :haha: With my daughter it was "I want an epidural!" I never got one.... got to the hospital too late! And since I was able to do it with her, I went without for my son too.... plus, I hear horror stories of epidurals that have caused back pain or headaches for years afterward. I already have a bad back - I don't need added pain. Still not looking forward to the labor pain though! I can be such a baby! Up until I actually birthed my own children without pain meds, my sister used to tease me about "who was going to birth your babies because YOU certainly can't deal with the pain!" :haha: Showed her :winkwink: <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->