2019 Junebugs

My OB thought baby was head down at my last appt, although sometimes she feels like she's transverse. It really doesn't matter since I already know I'm having a c-section, which is kind of weird. In a way it gives me less to worry about.

My biggest piece of advice to 1st time Mommas is to be prepared to go with the flow and have no real "plan". It's definitely good to educate yourself, take a tour or class if offered and have an idea of how you think you might want things to go, but when it comes down to it labor is so unpredictable and it's better to just go with it vs being upset and stressing over trying to stick to your "plan".

mkyerby - Totally agree - 100%! With my first, I was wanting to go natural/pain med free, but open to epidural if it was too much for me. But when it came down to it, I didn't have time for an epidural by the time I got the "okay" from my midwife to go to the hospital. Anything can happen- just go with it & plan on flexibility <3

yes I also agree on that one. I’ve always had a loose plan on what I want. Like I want DH to be the one to tell me the sex of the baby. Ideally no pain relief..... etc. With my first I thought I’d have this dream waterbirth (read lots of lovely positive waterbirth stories) when I went into labour and they suggested a bath to help with the pain I couldn’t think of anything worse! Hehe!!! Currently I want a homebirth... if DH can deliver the baby then great (he delivered our 4th)and he tells me the sex then I’m happy x

Babybump - OMG! 38 weeks!!!! Wow! Is that the size of the baby or your fundal height?? I'm surprised they're not seeing you again until May 1st based on size alone!!!! Here in US, we're down to appointments every 2 weeks regardless (28 weeks till 36 weeks) then at 36 weeks, we start weekly appointments until delivery. Feels crazy that the end is in sight! I was told at my last appointment that baby was breach.... but that they should flip head down by 32 weeks or so and not to worry.

Anyone else starting to get really nervous about labor? I'm determined to go natural/no pain meds again, but I'm so scared of the pain. It's intense, to say the least....

Omg !! Just realised my typo 38 weeks hahaha I meant to put 28 weeks !!! Jeesh I would have died if she measured me at 38 weeks ... best go and edit my original post sorry !!

Omg !! Just realised my typo 38 weeks hahaha I meant to put 28 weeks !!! Jeesh I would have died if she measured me at 38 weeks ... best go and edit my original post sorry !!

:rofl: you had us all like what?! That's hilarious. Still a big baby, but much more reasonable lol!

:rofl: you had us all like what?! That's hilarious. Still a big baby, but much more reasonable lol!

Reading your post I thinking wait what then realised hahaha! I’m hoping it’s extra fluid and not baby!

I hate the U.K. system after having a first baby . Your just sorta left weeks without seeing anyone! Like I said I go at 34 weeks next ! 7 weeks without seeing anyone . Then it’s another 4 week wait until 38 weeks then 40 , 41 then 42 . Although the NHS website says 36 weeks for all mums ( must check this in my notes) !

I’m thinking ahead to labour now too ! The pain relief ! Third tri for me already tomorrow. Really hoping baby comes a few days early !

I’ll see my midwife at 36 weeks so she can hopefully visit me at home and fill out a homebirth forms. Surely they won’t let you go 4 weeks at the end???

38 weeks!!! Giant baby!! Hehe x

I’m still searching for a change bag!!!! I’m just not finding the one!!!

Babybump :rofl: Okay, glad for you that you're not measuring 10+ weeks ahead! :haha: I'm also hoping to go early! Couple of weeks would be good - just enough so I can get to my daughter's dance recital on my due date :dohh:I'd really be SO upset if I missed it! I spend two days every week at dance with her! I really want to be there for the recital!

Mummy - Have you looked at Jujube? I have a BRB in the Newport print that I'm in love with! I probably already shared that :haha: but I love my bag! Wish I tried Jujube sooner! Just got my bag last summer! <3

I’m due the 29th May and my DDs birthday is 25th so I’d actually prefer to be late. Plus if I’m late it mean DH gets to do a few of the school activities that are in June. I’ve always been late so would be super surprised if I was early!!!!

I’m a big believer in fear playing a big part in holding up labour, making your body hold on rather than letting go and opening up as it should. I think movement in labour is key, letting the baby work it’s way down slowly. I’ve always had great birth practitioners who’ve guided me to feel confident in my bodies ability. Read, but don’t avoid the scare stories. Ina May Gaskin, Grantly Dick-Read wonderful books on this.

Totally agree in the movement. My first I was restricted but the others I was free to move, walk, sway.... which I feel was so much better than my first x

I’ve been thinking a lot about labor too, but I’m not as intimidated as I was with my first. It happens and I try to keep the mindset that letting everything happen naturally is the best way. I am not opposed to pain meds, but also not opposed to natural labor. I really would like to vaginally deliver and whatever I can do to make that happen I will do. I do know that I have to be on a fetal monitor the entire time due to my heightened risk for uterine rupture. I wonder if I can walk with those.

In other news we had our appointment on the 11th and it was pretty uneventful. We discussed further about our appointment with the pediatric cardiologist and really got no new information. Which is frustrating. They don’t seem concerned but didn’t do much to reassure my fears. In good news everything else was good. Baby is measuring right to the day and his heartbeat is strong. So I guess it’s just a waiting game now. April 23rd is our cardiology appointment. It’s going to be a long 6 weeks.

Babybump :rofl: Okay, glad for you that you're not measuring 10+ weeks ahead! :haha: I'm also hoping to go early! Couple of weeks would be good - just enough so I can get to my daughter's dance recital on my due date :dohh:I'd really be SO upset if I missed it! I spend two days every week at dance with her! I really want to be there for the recital!

Mummy - Have you looked at Jujube? I have a BRB in the Newport print that I'm in love with! I probably already shared that :haha: but I love my bag! Wish I tried Jujube sooner! Just got my bag last summer! <3

Haha !! Aww I hope baby arrives early for you too !! Such an important event too !!

I’ve been thinking a lot about labor too, but I’m not as intimidated as I was with my first. It happens and I try to keep the mindset that letting everything happen naturally is the best way. I am not opposed to pain meds, but also not opposed to natural labor. I really would like to vaginally deliver and whatever I can do to make that happen I will do. I do know that I have to be on a fetal monitor the entire time due to my heightened risk for uterine rupture. I wonder if I can walk with those.

In other news we had our appointment on the 11th and it was pretty uneventful. We discussed further about our appointment with the pediatric cardiologist and really got no new information. Which is frustrating. They don’t seem concerned but didn’t do much to reassure my fears. In good news everything else was good. Baby is measuring right to the day and his heartbeat is strong. So I guess it’s just a waiting game now. April 23rd is our cardiology appointment. It’s going to be a long 6 weeks.

How frustrating for you ! I’m glad everything else was good with baby ! Hope the next few weeks go quick for you !

So I’ve been looking at my scan pics and noticed 12.9cm on the top of baby’s pic . The girls scan pics have different measurements . Is this how long baby is ? Reading conflicting things some say baby other screen size ?!

Last edited:
Mark&Annie - Maybe my body doesn't understand fear then :haha: I'm def afraid, but my first labor was 5 hours and would have gone faster had I not been squeezing my legs together when I felt the urge to push in an effort to have time for an epidural. I had been told I had to get an entire bag of IV fluid into me before they'd give me one and since I was so scared to push unmedicated, I just squeezed my knees together for a while... before I finally admitted to the midwife what I was doing - she didn't believe me but checked me & I was at a 10 (PSA - DO NOT DO THIS. I didn't know at the time how dangerous it is for the baby. :dohh: Besides - pushing ended up being a relief!) Oh, & my son's labor was 52 minutes... so yeah, in my case fear didn't keep me in a longer labor! :haha: I'm actually hoping to try and NOT push at all this time around... I've read letting baby labor down without pushing will help keep you from tearing. Although as I recall, my body was involuntarily pushing so.... who knows.

Shanlee - I think I missed your post?? Maybe baby brain? Glad your appointment was uneventful, but frustrating that you didn't get answers. End of April is an awful long time to wait... at least they didn't have bad news? Sending huge hugs your way :hugs: :hug:

Babybump - Not sure?? Sorry! Let us know if you figure it out! :flower:

@BellaRosa8302 52 minutes is impressive!!!! I feel like with the girls my body done most of the pushing. My last he took forever to descend as he was never engaged.

@Babybump87 ive no idea what that measurement is???

@Shanlee16 I’m sorry you gotta wait for another scan. Hopefully they will put your mind at rest then.

@emzeebob all ok???

Hoping to hear from emzee, too. We’re thinking of you, hun! :hugs:

Thank god it’s the weekend, that’s all I can say. I’ve been a total bitch at work this week lol hello hormones!

29 weeks today! Oh so can’t wait until she’s here. Decided more on a shower, MIL is going to host it at my house as we just bought it, moved in and are settled. It’ll be a nice way to show the house and enjoy the baby coming together. Need to get going on the playroom and nursery to show. Really looking forward to it! And I was so against a shower at first, just did not want one. Now that it’s getting closer, I’ll take all the love and gifts for her I can get lol

Hope everyone has a nice weekend with lots of R&R - or busy nesting, whichever you prefer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->