2020 Christmas bargain thread

Not seen those before I bet Rio would enjoy them! They're back up in price now

Thats a shame, I thought I had missed out as it took a few goes to get the code to work and I wasn't paying full price :haha:

Yes I think Wilko has taken the Woolworths stamp and Entertainer has taken ELC, and now Smyth's had replaces Toys R Us.

I loved being to play with the actual toys in ELC. They always had a few opened toys, a train set up or an art easel. Like a mini day out ha ha

I loved that part of it too :) Shops just don't seem the same these days.

Boots are supposed to be selling Mothercare branded clothes soon (includng Little Bird which I know had a massive following) Guessing covid has delayed all that! One shop I miss is Toys R Us, Smyths isn't quite the same. I used to work there years ago and a couple of my old colleagues now work at The Entertainer. Our old store is a huge Home and Bargain now!

Boots are supposed to be selling Mothercare branded clothes soon (includng Little Bird which I know had a massive following) Guessing covid has delayed all that! One shop I miss is Toys R Us, Smyths isn't quite the same. I used to work there years ago and a couple of my old colleagues now work at The Entertainer. Our old store is a huge Home and Bargain now!

I miss Toys R Us, I used to love going Babies R Us too lol x

I agree Smyths isn't the same as Toys R Us I used to get so excited as a child seeing Geofrey the Giraffe and the Toys R Us Advert loved it

I agree Smyths isn't the same as Toys R Us I used to get so excited as a child seeing Geofrey the Giraffe and the Toys R Us Advert loved it
AHhh such good memories of that advert !

Yeah we went to Babies R Us when the boys were little. They had brilliant stuff and so often discounted too!

If you sign up with Pandora they have 20% off and free delivery

Extra 10% off at entertainer and ELC with EXTRA10 code - not sure if thats already been posted sorry.

Does anyone remember a few years ago when this thread was constantly HOT with bargains. There doesnt seem to be many really good deals anymore.

I think lots of places aren't having sales or don't have as much off to try to recoup some loses from this year.

I think lots of places aren't having sales or don't have as much off to try to recoup some loses from this year.

Yeah I’d imagine so. It’s been slower the last few years though not just this year, but I’m not complaining because I used to feel like I should buy everything just because it was a bargain even if it wasn’t on my list! :haha:

:haha: I have the same problem. Yesterday in home bargains I saw some fighting robots which I was sure they would all get a kick out of, and was so tempted, then I saw the saving was only £5 and I felt better about leaving it. If it was a bigger saving I would have had to buy it :haha:

Hahaha why do we do it :haha:
That’s very wise checking the saving, I don’t ever get that far. In my basket it goes lol!

I think had I not been worried about getting it home without being seen, and the fact I had already finished then bought more a couple of times, I would have just grabbed it.

I agree bargains have dwindled right down

I also think in my case it’s because my kids are getting older and have more specific wants

my real miss though is the absoloute bargain books amazon would have, they don’t really do that anymore!

I was never fussed for the Argos 3for2 but could have done with that this year!

Extra 10% off at entertainer and ELC with EXTRA10 code - not sure if thats already been posted sorry.

Does anyone remember a few years ago when this thread was constantly HOT with bargains. There doesnt seem to be many really good deals anymore.

I was saying to my MIL there doesn’t seem to be any good bargains this year !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"