21 days late...BFN(maybe...)

PastorsWife

Reaction score
Hi there ladies!
I am 21 days late. I have taken like a million HPT and I thought they were all negative. But as I was emptying the bathroom trash can I noticed on every test a positive line had appeared since I threw it away. So I know that you aren't supposed to read them after the 5 minute window, but is it normal for every single one of them to turn positive after the window? I don't know what to do! Has this happened to anyone else?

When I was pregnant a year ago I didn't show positive on a HPT until I was nine weeks. And I have never been this late except when I was pregnant. My dr. won't do a blood test unless I have missed two periods so I guess I have another couple of weeks to wait and worry.

Didn't want to read and run. I have never had any show up positives after sitting for a few hours or even days. I would say that if a couple out of the batch of ones you took had them, then it is probably nothing. But, if all of them (taken different days and times) have a dried line, it COULD be something.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :(

I'm confused as to why the doctor refuses to do a blood test until you have missed a second period. Is this normal? I would demand one if I was 21 days late just so that could be confirmed or ruled out.

Or go to a local clinic or like a med express type place and tell them you don't have insurance and got a couple of positive hpts but need a blood test done to confirm it to get government assistance (this doesn't have to be true but they don't know that and you get the blood test). Of course you have to pay for the blood test, shouldn't be more than like $50 or something but you will then know.

Can always go to another doctor and say that and they should run a blood test.

Hey I had the same thing happen to me a few yrs back now granted i only took one here's what happened:
I missed a period so i took a test waited around ten minutes bfn so i left and went about my day. When i got home i went to through the test away i was rushing out the door when i took it so didn't get a chance, it was a BFP clear as day but since 10 minutes had passed i discarded the test and disregarded the bfp as invalid it was after ten minutes after all. Well about 4 to 6 weeks later i ended up having a miscarriage which would have totally been avoided if i had just went to the doctor and found out for certain.

Hope this helps
Good Luck

Hi Pastors Wife,

I really hope you get your BFP. That's very strange that the doctor wont do a blood or urine test. Have you thought about seeing another doctor??

I definitely feel your pain with being late... I am about 7-9 days late for my AF... however I have not tested yet. I am waiting another week because I am scared to see bfn...

How are you feeling.. apart from frustration? Just remember to relax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->