21 months total ttc: HOW I got my BFP

mandi21a

Reaction score
Hi girls, so I just got my bfp tonight, it's a long story but the short version is that dh and I tried for 11 months to conceive, I conceived naturally on my 11th month and miscarried... 7 more months of trying goes by, a chemical pregnancy here and there, I stopped getting excited at the sight of a bfp, which is a terrible feeling ...
I went to my GP who is a western medical doctor but deep down inside he likes to experiment with holistic guru methods... He referred me (no referral necessary) to a Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor and told me his wife went to him after a year of trying and got pg her 3rd month of treatment.
I hesitantly booked my appointment, I asked him on my first visit how long will this take etc... He told me 3-4 months, 2x a week acupuncture and herbal pills, drops & tea concoctions. The first month I went 2x a week, then budget tightened and second month I went 1x a week, this 3rd month I went back to 2x weekly... ok, fair enough... Well I am just finishing my third month with him and POOF BFP this afternoon, not even fmu! ... I called my TCM doc, he also specializes in miscarriage prevention so I'm scheduled in twice a week to make this one stick !!! I will update with my progress,
I really wanted to let women know that the traditional Chinese medicine WORKS ! I would advocate an actual Chinese, not American and the tea and herb mixes are a must as well... The doctor I worked with is out of Richmond hill and Toronto on different days and I would LOVE. To refer some women in the area to him... I credit him 100% with this success.
He helps with pcos, irregular cycles, unexplained infertility and more ! He has a website with tons of info, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but would seriously love nothing more than to help even one single woman ! ...
And those of you not in Canada I would urge you to try TCM/acupuncture before serious fertility treatments (assuming nothing major is wrong obviously )
That's my long story, I just so excited I could keep writing for ever ! PLEASE GIVE IT A TRY!!!
Keep strong. And please fx for me to have a sticky one this time :).

I would like to clarify this is not intended to be a BFP announcement, i am hoping that some women on here will give it a shot, or the time to research info on the acupuncture tcm approach... I whole heartedly believe that this could be a solution.

ive heard of many women saying good things about that and acupucature!!
congrats!! :) so happy for you!

Congratulations mandi21a! Very exciting!

I am currently seeing an acupuncturist and will be starting herbs next cycle. Love, love, love hearing success stories! I have just come off of the birth control pill after nearly 10 years and it has truly done a number on my system! Went over 100 days with nothing! I am currently 4 days post O. Not liking my chances this month as I am rather stressed at the moment with study. But very excited for CD1 so I can start the herbs.

I hope your pregnancy goes well.

Thank you for sharing your story :)

S

Hi StephR, that's exciting, was it the acupuncture that finally brought on AF? I found the first thing was my cycle shortened from 28 to 25 days, which scared me but he told me that was Great...
The herbs are Terrible tasting, even gag inducing, but follow the program they set out for you, including any dietary restrictions (such as no dairy and lots of red meat as I was told) and I truly believe that it will have a positive effect.
And of course, try not to stress :)
Good luck, and if you remember to check back, I'd love to hear how it goes for you and if/WHEN you get your bfp !

No, funny enough two days before my acupuncture apt I O’ed. Either way I was happy! We are going to do herbs in capsules. My acupuncturist said that the drinking herbs are generally advised when either healing or if there are digestion issues that could interfere with the absorption. I already have a very strict diet and have been like this for several years. Follow a paleo lifestyle – no grain, sugar, dairy etc.

How far along are you now?

Again thank you so much for sharing your story! It is nice to be reassured that this method has helped people so the huge expense is really worth it.

I will defiantly remember to let you know when we get our BFP. It’s all about positivity right! Hehe

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->