22, TTC #2, testing October 22nd - looking for a buddy :)

Momma.Bear

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jamie.
I'm 22 & married.
I have a 15 month old daughter, Kalyn.
AF due October 29th, will start testing the 22nd :)

Wanna be my buddy? xx

Hi! I am ttc #1, I am 26 & married. AF is due for me Oct. 21, I try not to test early but will typically cave..how long have you been trying?

Just over a month. Well, I've been NTNP for about a month and just recently decided to TTC.
How long have you been trying? What are you using as assistance? Anything?

6 months..This month I am using OPKs, taking evening primrose oil to increase ewcm, I take b6, prenatal vits, baby aspirin. I tried temping but I frequently wake up in the night and I also tend to forget to take my temp upon waking lol. Some months I've tried doing nothing and "relaxing" and that hasn't worked either. Are you planning on using anything? I never thought it would take this long to get pregnant, how long did it take you to get pregnant with your daughter if you don't mind me asking. All my friends got it first cycle or their babies were surprises so it makes it hard on me. And they do not understand what it's like to obsess about getting pregnant!

I don't plan on using anything. Just BD for at least 4 days in/around when OV should occur.
Well, you're going to hate me :$ -
In June of 09 i stopped taking BC. I was pregnant by July 09 (I had one cycle before getting pregnant). I MC that baby. Had one more cycle and was pregnant with my daughter in September 09.
But, to be fair, that was when i was BDing everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.
After my MC, i was temping. So i KNEW when i got pregnant with Kalyn.

If i don't get pregnant this cycle, i may temp. My OH isn't a huge fan of "planning" a baby, he's more of a "if it happens, it happens" kind of guy. That's the only reason that I'm not currently using anything to assist in TTC.

& although it seems easy for me to get pregnant, i completely understand the side of it taking forever. I mean, i have a friend who's been trying for 4 years, 3 MC's. A cousin who had IV to have her twins. & another friend who was told when she was younger that she would never have children and then at the age of 36 i believe, she was pregnant with her daughter & when the doctor told her she was pregnant, she basically said "don't screw with me, what's really wrong" *as she'd been ill - due to pregnancy*

Lol I do not hate you but you are lucky! I am so sorry to hear about your mc tho :( thats awful. My husband is kind of the same way, tho as long as I don't talk about it too much he doesn't care what I do to try and plan for a baby but I can't even get him to take vits for the cause. "They hurt his belly" sometimes men do not get it haha. I just happen to have friends who are not so sympathetic. One of my friends seriously thinks I am nuts for worrying and trying to help this process along. She has been pregnant 3 times not even trying and It's to the point where I wish I hadn't told her. That's uplifting to hear about your cousin and friend. I really am trying to not freak out so much this month and hopefully I will get lucky! I don't know how you BD everyday I don't think I could handle it. We do tend to go strong in the beginning and then by OV time we are already slacking maybe that is my problem.

Yeah the MC was super horrible. My first time being pregnant and i lose it. I thought i was doomed! :(
What annoys me (although it probably shouldn't) is people who can get pregnant at the drop of a hat and they don't really care to be parents. All i ever wanted was to be a mom, that was it. My calling. So when i MC'd, man was i in turmoil.
I have an aquaintance who uses abortion as a form of birth control. As well as a cousin who does the same. I feel like smacking them upside the heads! I'm very much so against abortion, unless circumstances make it "okay" but at the same time, it's never okay. (I should stop ranting now)
Another girl i know, had a one night stand with her best friend's brother - her son is now 9 months old. And she's 15 weeks pregnant with another baby by another father and they break up every other week! It drives me nuts because there are so many women & men out there who just want to be parents, and they try and try & then there's other people who have sex once and get pregnant and either "destroy" it or just don't give a rats behind. (apparently my rant did not end there!)

I really really hope that this is your month! I'd be willing to forfeit my month if it means you can get your :bfp: *yes, I'm very nice lol*

***Sorry if anything in this post offends anyone or upsets anyone - it was a rant of sorts***

Oh and about BDing everyday - it was still a new relationship and i really wanted a baby.
We're lucky to BD once a week now *im never in the mood* That's why i plan to BD at least 4 times around OV. Lol

Oh I know what you mean I have a friend who his sister was a drug addict and used to take her baby with her on drug binges until finally her parents fought her for custody. He was just telling me this today I got so pissed like why did that girl deserve to have a baby. She is clean now and apparently still doesn't care to be a mother.

Aww thanks :) I hope we both get our BFP this month!

I am trying to do sperm meets egg this month but we will see if it lasts, we would be lucky to bd once a week too except I force him haha. I wish we would have tried when the relationship was brand new probably would have been easier! lol

When i wanted to get pregnant, i told OH, I'm going off the pill - if you don't want to make a baby, use a condom. I can count on one hand the number of times he reached for a rubber.
& now, it's basically the same situation.
Once you get all comfortable in a relationship, sex is really not all that important is it? Well, at least not for me lol. OH asks for it more than i give it to him. But, our relationship is complicated, well not the relationship itself, just the situation.
We don't live together, when i got pregnant with my daughter, we were living together. I was a hormonal basketcase and threw him out. I ended up moving back in with my parents. We got back together a month later *we don't even consider it a breakup* but I stayed living with my parents and he was with his. And now, I'm living in my own apartment with the baby and he's still with his parents. He has a good job and lives over an hour away from where i'm living, so it's hard for him to drive both ways everyday and i dont expect him to quit his job until he finds a new one. He is here most nights, and every other weekend, but still not as much as I'd like him to be. He also has a son from a previous relationship who is 8. So he gets his son the weekends he's not here, although lately he's been spending the weekends here with his son as well.
Sooner or later, he'll move in here. But, I'm not willing to wait for a second baby :p

Yeah it wouldn't make sense for him to up and quit, hopefully he can find something soon close to you! At least he is able to come and see you fairly often. That would be so hard being apart like that and having a daughter. I wish I would have ditched the bc when I wanted to. My husband just is one of those people that HAS to have a plan and his plan was to wait soo we waited. My name is Amanda by the way I forgot to mention that.

Nice to meet you Amanda.
Men are weird like that aren't they? The way i see it - it's my body and i will be the primary caregiver of the baby no matter what. Plain and simple :p
But i guess that comes from my mother - the way she sees it, men are good for one thing - making a baby. After that, if you still like them, keep em around. Otherwise, don't need em. LMAO. Can you tell she got divorced shortly after having children?

Hi ladies. I wanted to say hello: I am 27, TTC #2! This is my first month. Last pregnancy I got knocked up the first try but I have a feeling I won't be as lucky this time.

Hey SIEGAL!
You never know - I've always heard that once the target's been hit once, it's easier to hit it the second time!!
GL! :dust: i hope you see your :bfp: !!

Lol your mom has a good point!!

Hi SIEGAL! Welcome and good luck! Hopefully it doesn't take you too long to get your bfp! :)

Ugh I've just called the dr to schedule like a preconception check up b/c I want to see if there is some reason I am not getting pregnant that is glaringly obvious plus I recently remembered that my last pap was irregular (but the nurse said I just need to get checked out in a year - which you are suppose to get a pap yearly anyways) When I called my dr office they were confused why I wanted to come in and said they will just ask the dr about the irregular pap test and call me back? what the heck?! Why can't I come in I have insurance I will pay my co-pay what difference does it make.

I'm not sure love. I don't know how the american health system works.
& the irregular pap shouldn't matter in regards to conception. When i got pregnant with Kalyn i was having paps every 6 months due to a-typical cells on my cervix.

Okay that makes me feel better..when they called with the results of the irregular pap the nurse on the phone was rude and short and basically said its not big deal come back in a year so I wasn't sure

If it's the same as what i had going on ..
Basically you have irregular cells on your cervix. You have to be retested regularily to make sure that the cells go away and don't become cancerous. But if the nurse said to come back in a year, i wouldn't worry. I had paps done every 6 months and by a gyno not just my family doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->