22 Weeks and BP rising??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by nov_mum, Jun 6, 2011.

1. nov_mum

nov_mum Well-Known Member

My first two pregnancies I had to be induced because of preeclampsia but I didn't have any symptoms until 33 weeks.

I have only just turned 22 weeks and it seems my BP is up! I took it as I had some black spots in my vision and have had some headaches recently. I got 150/106! Then I lay down for a bit and got 138/96. My booking bp was 126/88 but all others have been in the 110's/70's. Will take it again tomorrow and if it's up will talk to my MW.

Did anyone else have BP issues at 22 weeks and still have a healthy baby?? I am quite attached to my wee girl now and a bit scared

2. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

Didn't want to R&R but get a urine sample to your MW and that will see if you're perhaps getting any early warning.

I had PET with my first and at my 16 week appointment my BP has already shot up and I had + protein so I am getting worried already!

3. Maman

Maman Guest

between 20-24 weeks your blood doubles, so iron often falls and bp can raise, it shouldnt be a problem.

4. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

id keep an eye on it but as your Blood volume increases with baby growing it can mess things up a bit

5. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

Hi hun mine was up to 200/110 the other day but its been ok since but I'd definately speak to the midwife asap especially with your history & take it easy xx

6. nov_mum

nov_mum Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies ladies. I saw my MW and ended up having to go to hospital for assessment. I have left with bp meds and crossing fingers we get as far along as possible. It's likey to be PET : (