22 Weeks pg and facing redundancy!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by hondagirl, Sep 2, 2009.

1. hondagirl

hondagirl Well-Known Member

Uh oh, the company I work for has called the liquidators in this morning,despite it being very obvious we are in trouble we ( the 3 employees) are not actually being told anything which is highly frustrating! Has anyone been in this situation before? Im too far gone to get another job but i will get some redundancy money.
    what a bummer!!

2. LoobyLou75

LoobyLou75 Mum of 3

If the liquidators are coming in that may possibly mean that you'll get your redundancy money from the government as the company can't afford to pay. You will also get your pay and in lieu of notice, ie cos you're not given a consultation period of redundancy.

So sorry this has happened. x

3. hondagirl

hondagirl Well-Known Member

Its a bit of a pain really but I keep thinking to myself that it could be soooo much worse, if this had happened a couple of months ago I would still be pregnant and would find it very hard to get work and yet have a few months to wait for maternity pay. As it is if they close on friday I will get about 1 months pay ( accrued holiday, notice and redundancy) and then have only about 6 weeks to wait for MA to kick in, not too bad really just got to stop panicking!