24 lbs at 24 weeks :(

happynewmom1

Reaction score
I admit I'm completely frustrated. And it isn't necessarily the weight gain itself. I work out 40-50 minutes a day and other two days usually get a walk and my diet is about 80/20...80 percent of the week healthy but tend to splurge some on the weekend. I will be doing even more on the diet.. I guess 90/10. I somehow gained 10 lbs just in the last 4 weeks. One week of that was vacation but have been very diligent when getting back. I think the worse part here is my midwife didn't seem to believe me when I told her I work out, don't eat many sweets and am active. I don't know why I'm gaining so quickly :( I cried the entire way home because most of the appointment was focused on that and asking me what I eat and such.

I honestly don't know what else to really do except to never cheat and cut carbs down even more. Even on the weekends a cheat for me is a bowl of organic ice cream or going out for coffee.. Nothing extreme. I rarely even get what I'm craving :(

Oh love, I am sorry you are back in this boat! Could you be retaining water? What are you making for dinners for everyone (that's where I find it to be the hardest!! I like doing chicken or any meats in the crockpot with veggies and brown rice) switch to all wheat bread and everything baked. It sounds like you are definitely trying and doing a lot more than me so I can definitely see why you are irritated=( maybe cut out sugars completely too..I hope others can help you figure out solutions. Oh and to add to this, don't let this effect your whole pregnancy! Make sure you get a bite of what your craving! You can lose the weight after baby too!

One more thing, I don't find this number to be tragic!! I weighed 170lbs my last pregnancy and I am 5'6 and at the end weighed 202lbs. That's 32lbs I am on the same track this pregnancy. And I think I am about the same amount of weight gained as you right now. We are not that far away from due dates so honestly I don't see these numbers as being bad!!

^ I agree. I don't think its bad. I gained 10lbs within 4 weeks with my last pregnancy. I was freaked out too but it was all baby. I came out of the pregnancy with no extra weight.

I gained over 60 lbs with my first pregnancy. I wasn't very careful with my diet, but I was very active. I ate the same way I did before pregnancy, except I wasn't piling on weight before! When my baby was a few weeks old, all of the excess weight was gone. It was outstanding! Looking at pictures of me the day I came home with my baby, I looked so huge, and a few weeks later, I was back to normal! My diet still stayed the same, but I was nursing my son and not exercising at all yet!

You're doing what you can here. I wouldn't worry about depriving myself right now or focusing too much on the weight. Keep up your healthy habits, and even if you do gain, it will probably fall right off once your metabolism goes back to normal! Do remember that for some folks, our metabolisms slow down to a crawl while we are pregnant. It varies with each pregnancy, too. My habits were the same with my second baby, only I weighed 10 lbs less hours before I delivered him than I did when I found out I was pregnant!!!

Oh my gosh, it sounds like you eat way healthier than I do! I think you're doing what you can. Maybe it's water weight or maybe your body and baby just needs it. That would upset me if my midwife was acting like she didn't believe me after asking about my eating and exercise habits. Women have enough trouble with body image and weight not pregnant we need encouragement not doubt. I hope your next appointment goes better!

Every body any everyone is different. Some women gain copious amounts of weight during pregnancy, some lose weight during pregnancy and there's no rhyme or reason to it. However, I'm positive you'll drop it just as quickly as you gained it, especially if you remain active and breastfeed. <3 Hang in there, you don't have too much further to go and tell that nasty mid-wife to suck a twinkie.

Midwifes & docs can be a bit of a let down sometimes. You are doing well and you know that. Write down what you do excersise wise & what you eat for a week or so and take that in with your next appointment. That way the mw can't just dismiss you. This might just be the way your body responds at the moment to pregnancy. We are all different and professionals tend to treat everyone as if they shd fit an average. Don't take it personal. I personally think all pregnant women are beautiful and strong!

If it helps I was told I'd gained weight too quickly at about 24 weeks. I weighed almost 30lbs less the day after DS was born. That meant I was already less than my pre-pregnancy weight.

Thanks for all the encouragement and ideas, ladies :flower: I am still having down moments about it but working harder to not have as much sugar and carbs in my diet. Unfortunately, that's what my cravings consist of usually which is why i rarely have them. A Greek yogurt doesn't seem to change the sweet craving but it will have to lol ugh the sad thing is, I love being pregnant. This is my favorite part of pregnancy when I feel better and am showing and I love my bump and feeling her move.. I hate the pressure and the way they treat you and such when not within their standards. :/ hopefully next appointment goes better I guess. Maybe I should refuse to be weighed lol

Really appreciate the responses.

Its not a bad idea to refused to be weighed. Just say you know you are eating sensibly and too much emphasis on your weight just stresses you out.

Its not a bad idea to refused to be weighed. Just say you know you are eating sensibly and too much emphasis on your weight just stresses you out.

Hmm I'm going to consider that then. I honestly didn't know I could do that as oddly as it sounds. Thank you!

I've gained 22 lbs and I'm nearly 23 weeks pregnant. I didn't gain this much by 40 weeks with my last two babies. I'm hoping the weight will fall off. I started off at 119lbs. My back is feeling the strain, I just can't stop eating. Good luck xxx

I've gained 22 lbs and I'm nearly 23 weeks pregnant. I didn't gain this much by 40 weeks with my last two babies. I'm hoping the weight will fall off. I started off at 119lbs. My back is feeling the strain, I just can't stop eating. Good luck xxx

I hope so too! For both of us! I started at 115 at 5'2 so healthy, average weight. It's so odd. I gained a lot my first pregnancy but I ate so badly and didn't exercise so it makes sense to me, but only gained 25 lbs with my daughter so I guess since I'm actually being healthier than with her and started smaller, I wouldn't gain as much or be similar to my second. Oh well. Maybe it will all average out in 3rd trimester for us? I'm having a hard time now too lol I'm always hungry so trying to find healthy snacks lol I'm not perfect at this but trying hard. Sigh. I am starting to think maybe I shouldn't try so hard though.. Could be my body is gonna gain the same either way.

Good luck to you! Really when it comes down to it, the important thing is we are having healthy babies and we can work on the weight more after baby. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->