25 and want to be steralised

samsugar7

1 Son + 5yr step daughter
Reaction score
Bit of a wierd one her i think, but we are NTNP but once we have had our next child i want to be steralised.

I have been on the pill since i was 12 and i am just fed up of filling my body full of hormones and drugs every month. And i cant have anything like the coil because the shape of my womb.

Anyone else been steralised young or thinking about it?

x

I think in general its a bad idea. You might be sure now but who knows what the future holds. There's loads of contraception choices :shrug:

I very much doubt you'd be able to convince the medical professionals to perform such a drastic procedure at your age hun tbh...

I think its a very bad idea as 10yrs from now you could be in totally different circumstances & want to have more children - you never know whats around the corner xx

I have always been definate about wanting 2 children and after that if i wanted more i would adopt or foster.

As for other contraception methods the only one that doesnt involve drugs of some sort is the coil and i cant have that :nope:

I do know of people who have been steralised younger! I cant ask OH to do it because if we split i want him to have the option of having more children where as i am certain i only want the two.

Guess im just wierd

x

its a smaller op for the man and his is reversable. honestly hun, i think its a bad idea.

its a smaller op for the man and his is reversable. honestly hun, i think its a bad idea.

He wont have it done, in his family it is a sign of not being a man any more or something lol, but i even told my mum when she was steralised at 37 that i would have my 2 then have it done lol

My brother had it done when he was 25. Prepare for a bit of stick from people who think you're too young. He's now 33 and doesn't regret it.
If you're sure, it's your body and although you might need to fight for it, if you are well informed and certain, you should be able to get it done. I'm 29 and sending dh to get it done, as I know I'm finished after this one. I wouldn't personally get it myself but my sil has been sterilised as her dh has told her he won't get it done, even though he knows it's selfish.
Sound out your GP in advance and see where S/he stands on referring you. Some clinics prefer for you to have a counselling appt to discuss the procedure first

Think the only way your going to get sterilised at 25 is if you went private i am afraid. Its worth paying a visit to your local family planning clinic to discuss a suitable contraceptive. x

what about tieing ur tubes?

EDIT- my mother did that bc all the birth control failed her the pill,patch,shot lol she was yound when she had it done but she met the quota of kids (4)

Think the only way your going to get sterilised at 25 is if you went private i am afraid. Its worth paying a visit to your local family planning clinic to discuss a suitable contraceptive. x

I have talked to them about it and basically its the pill or implant. But i have been on the pill for 13 years already and its not supposed to be used for permanent and i cant have the implant/injection as it makes me put on excesive weight. The coil is not suitable for me because of the shape of my womb.

Im at a loss about what to do.

x

just dont have sex! or you could do the rhythm method?

. I wouldn't personally get it myself but my sil has been sterilised as her dh has told her he won't get it done, even though he knows it's selfish.

Yep OH is being selfish apparently it makes him less of a man having it done but its ok for me to suffer :haha:

have u consider or asked about tieing ur tubes? u could always get it reversed.

. I wouldn't personally get it myself but my sil has been sterilised as her dh has told her he won't get it done, even though he knows it's selfish.

Yep OH is being selfish apparently it makes him less of a man having it done but its ok for me to suffer :haha:

Och, honest to god, some men!! God forbid anyone should fiddle with their danglies :lol:

just dont have sex! or you could do the rhythm method?

:haha::haha: sorry the first one made me giggle. And i wouldnt want to risk having another child. I will talk to my doctor again after having #2 and see if my womb has changed enough to have the coil but if i dont want anymore children and i am certain about that i dont understand why at 25 (will be 26 by then) i am not old enough to make an informed decision?

i get where your coming from hun but i only want 2 children, i will happily donate as many eggs as i can to whoever needs them before doing anything so drastic but i cant see any other solution.

:shrug:

have u consider or asked about tieing ur tubes? u could always get it reversed.

I thought it was basically the same thing hun, the doctor only talked about steralisation when i chatted with him. :shrug:

i thought u were talking about have ur female bits removed. (overys or womb)u can get ur tubes tied or cut one can be reversed while the other cant. im getting my tied after my 3rd baby. 3 is enough thank you lol

Think the only way your going to get sterilised at 25 is if you went private i am afraid. x

It can be and is performed on the NHS at this age and depends on the surgeon although they usually need convinced that the patient is fully aware of the implications and there is a longer wait. Many of the surgeons who would perform it privately are the same ones who do it on the NHS.

They won't sterilise you without a huge fight on the NHS for very good reason... the number of ladies who, in the past have then wanted a reversal.

I was adamant I wanted to be sterilised after my second son. I am extremely anti-abortion (for myself) and only agreed to my second son because my now ex husband really, really wanted another child. I got pregnant with my third son by accident and did consider a termination as I really didn't want another child. They still wouldn't sterilise me after that, I was 27. I honestly am the sort of person who always knows what I want and I was adamant I didn't want more children.

However, I am now 6 weeks into a planned pregnancy.

I am not saying you don't know your own mind, but just that a lot can happen in the future when you are so young, you just never know what may happen and how that could affect you.

My ob/gyn actually offered to tie my tubes , whilst I had a c -section with my third I was 26.

I think you could probably talk a doctor into it but personally I wouldn't do it, you never do know what the future holds.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->