26 weeks, hungry but can't eat because I feel huge and uncomfortable. Anyone else??

tripleccc

Reaction score
I'm 26 weeks and for the past week or so I will eat dinner and be full and 20 minutes later I feel starving, but still feel full?
It's a weird feeling and hard to explain. My brain isn't hungry, but my stomach feels hungry. I can't eat anything though because my belly feels really tight and just BIG.
It only happens in the evening and I end up not eating anything after dinner. I go to bed with the hungry, but bloated feeling.
Does this happen to anyone else and what can I do?
I've gained almost 20 lbs so far (I was 87 and now I am 106), so I guess I am eating enough...I just feel like I'm starving my baby when this happens :(

I've had that feeling many times before, and sometimes I just need to have a drink, or something small. I had these berry gummies and I'd pop a couple of those in my mouth and it would take the hunger pangs away.

I have this at 16 weeks! I can only eat half a meal at once before I feel full and usually more sick. I don't feel hungry in my head at all but I get hunger pains in my stomach so bad I could cry! I had to get up at midnight last night and have some toast, I couldn't have felt less like eating :( but my stomach had it's usual agonising gnawing pain and I was feeling like I might throw up!

I've found a few things help. 1) Nibbling all day on crackers, cheese, fruit sweets and sticking to smaller meals (or I eat my meals over a longer period, for example I eat my sandwich at 12, my crisps at 1pm, my yoghurt at 2pm and my fruit at 3pm! :) )
2) Drinking more water, sometimes it's just thirst 3) Gaviscon and my ant-acid meds! My doctor told me that excessive stomach acid often mimics a feeling of bad hunger. I def find that my Zantac helps sometimes. If it doesn't, then I assume it's real hunger!

Pregnancy is interesting ..!

Yes, I'm the same way. I eat like a third of my meal and then I'm so full. I feel like if I try to eat anymore, it will just come right back up! So I just eat a little when I feel hungry and try to pick semi healthy food so I'm not going straight for junk.

It may be due to constipation! I find if I have minimal bowel movements for 2-3 days, Ill feel extremely uncomfortable and huge and tight, and I have a hard time eating or digesting. I'll usually try to treat it with a handful of prunes, or on a bad day I will take milk of magnesia with a few cups of water... relief by the next morning

You're definitely not alone... we just don't have enough room for our meals as the baby gets bigger..

This is why I don't put on weight in third tri. Makes up for the ten kg I always put on in first Tri 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->