• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

26 yr old TTC #1...Anyone wanna be buds?

ErikaJo85

Reaction score
Hello All,
My name is Erika and I am 26. My DH is 26 and we were married last July. We have tried a few months and ntnp since July and still nothing :shrug: . I have normal cycles and get my . every month. My cycles are usually 30 days but can be 29 or 31 days. I just bought myself 100 ovulation tests and 20 preggo tests from the internet. I mean business about TTC now! I am currently 3 or 4 dpo.

Anyone wanna be buds?

Hi Erika, great to meet you. My DH and I are also TTC #1 but only since last month. That's an awful lot of tests you bought! But probably necessary since I'm sure the people at the Walgreens pharmacy know me by name now. Would love to be buddies and hear how everything is going for you! Good luck!

Hi Lilly lee! Thanks for wanting to be buds. Thing are going great. Where are you in your cycle? I use to go to CVS but those tests got to be adding up to ridic amounts. I got all those tests online for $20!

If I'm right (and I'm probably not because I just stopped taking BC before AF last month) I should be exactly 14dpo, I think it's hilarious that it happened on Valentine's day...go figure. I'm expecting AF in 3-4 days but considering some other stories I have read from other posters it seems that it may take a while for my body to get back to normal after so many years spent on BC.

Hopefully you are back on schedule right away. I have two friends who got pregnant 1 month after going off bc! So good luck to you!

I am hoping this is my month but I have thought that about the last 4 months.

Oh I completely understand. I find myself thinking about it all the time and agonizing over baby names, furniture, and clothes. My DH has a very good friend, who's wife just had a baby and she was no fun for anyone her entire pregnancy. I'm so scared that's going to be me. I start my new job on Monday so hopefully that will take my mind of off thinking about it all the time and may redirect me to something else for a while.

I'm hoping for you too. When do you get to test?

Hi! I'm 28 and in my first cycle of TTC#2. Took us a while to get our DD, hopefully not as long for the second. We are doing the things that really worked for us right away instead of waiting around. I'm currently on CD15, didn't get to temp this morning or yesterday, but got a positive OPK yesterday. So I don't know if I've O'd yet or not. The two week wait is just around the corner.

DD is almost 7 months old. Got my first PP period in January so this is my second cycle since she was born. The first was 30 days and before we got pregnant my cycles were between 26 and 28 days.

Good luck to you, hope this month is your month!

Thanks Bookity! How long did it take you to conceive dd?? Good luck to you as well. This ttc buiness is hard. I keep obsessing this is my month but DH doesn't want me to get my hopes up.

Lilly, I am hoping to test next Thursday? We leave next Saturday for vacation in AZ sooooooooooooo.... Ironically af is due the same day we leave for our trip!

No AF! No AF! Have fun on your trip!

I'm supposed to get my AF tomorrow or the next day...but have been getting some conflicting symptoms so I tested this morning and BFN...oh well, maybe next month. I've been thinking about buying that pack of OPK and PG tests. Have you found that OPK have helped? Have you also been charting at all? Sorry for all the questions but DH has no interest in hearing all the yucky details. That's why I need a buddy!!

My DH either....He wants to show up and do his job but not really talk about it. He always says it will happen when it happens but he doesn't get it can be an emotional time and I want to be preggo NOW! haha.

I don't chart I just use OPKs. Go on amazon.com and get the wondfo brand. They are cheap and do the job!

Thanks Bookity! How long did it take you to conceive dd?? Good luck to you as well. This ttc buiness is hard. I keep obsessing this is my month but DH doesn't want me to get my hopes up.

Lilly, I am hoping to test next Thursday? We leave next Saturday for vacation in AZ sooooooooooooo.... Ironically af is due the same day we leave for our trip!

Well, got married in April 2009, were NTNP the first few months. After that we were trying, but not "hardcore" until like summer 2010. Got our bfp Dec. 2010. Actually, we had an appointment with a fertility doctor, which is why I tested "just in case". The bfp totally caught me by surprise.

I am glad you finally got your dd. I am scared this will happen to us. Taking so long part lol. I am very impatient. It so hard to want something and not get it month after month. We have been trying/ntnp since August. We recently started using OPKs in January.

Everyone always says it when they least expect it! I have a friend who it took her 18 months to conceive her dd and she was on clomid. She thought she would need clomid for to conceive #2 but turns out she was pregnant within 4 months of trying. She was totally caught by surprise!

Good luck! Where in your cycle are you?

Haven't looked...been down at my new office all morning getting HR paperwork put through. It's an hour commute there and home so I feel like I've wasted my whole day. BLAH!!!

Plus I'm debating running to the fabric store to get something to make a few skirts out of. I've been obsessed about a vintage circle skirt sewing pattern I found and feel like procrastinating my school work a bit more by making a few. Amazon will probably be tonight when I'm finally bored with everything else.

What do you do for work? I wish I could sew! I made a skirt like 8 years ago but never wore it lol.
I work don't have to work til 2 or 3ish every day so I have my days open. I kinda like it!

I know I need a new hobby. DH just started a new job about 3 weeks ago which is good. Since he started it we have been fighting though. I am currently mad at him argh. I hate going to work mad at him as well. I spent $10 on Jimmy John's for lunch and he is freaking out because we need to save money.

Anyones had to rant lol. I am a gymnastics coach. I get to sleep in but I work all day Saturdays so it evens out! haha

I am glad you finally got your dd. I am scared this will happen to us. Taking so long part lol. I am very impatient. It so hard to want something and not get it month after month. We have been trying/ntnp since August. We recently started using OPKs in January.

Everyone always says it when they least expect it! I have a friend who it took her 18 months to conceive her dd and she was on clomid. She thought she would need clomid for to conceive #2 but turns out she was pregnant within 4 months of trying. She was totally caught by surprise!

Good luck! Where in your cycle are you?

CD 16 for me today. I don't know if I've O'd yet or not. I hope I have, but it's hard for me to get my temps straight when I can't sleep like I'd like to. Between my hubby's working hours and DD's waking hours... accurate charting is difficult. If I see a decent temp spike tomorrow I'll assume today is O day.

ETA: I should mention that if you really only count the part where I got serious about charting we were TTC for about 5 or 6 months. Because with the charting I realized that my LP was shorter than the "norm" and we were DTD too early to catch anything. I read that some B vitamin (I forgot which) was supposed to help lengthen LP, so I got serious about remembering to take a vitamin every day (I know, bad me). That seemed to do the trick for that issue. Also I was having some dryness issues (sorry, tmi) and decided to break down and order some pre-seed. SMARTEST MOVE EVER. We used it for the last 2 cycles and I got bfps for both. The first turned out to be chemical, but that's okay. It proved to me that it was possible for me to get pregnant. The next step was making it stick. I never in a million years thought the next cycle would be the one, but TADA! Oh and used OPKs for the first and only time on the cycle that I got my sticky :bfp:

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that when you really pay attention to everything (and temp if it's possible for you), it doesn't HAVE to take as long as it took me. I know not everyone's ttc journey is the same, but just thought it might encourage you.

:( I'm sorry. I know how that goes. Hopefully everything blows over quickly for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->