26 yr old TTC #1...Anyone wanna be buds?

How was your first night home?

Last night I had a huge break down to dh. I cried bc she cries and is awake all night and I don't know how to fix it. I think I just haven't had time or sleep to recover from my c section.

So dh was amazing last night and I went to bed at about 8:30 and only got up a few times.

I really hope this gets easier. I am so on edge right now. I love her so much though!

Ahhhh hormones lol

[IMG]https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/erikajo85/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0063.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/erikajo85/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9312.jpg[/IMG]

https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/erikajo85/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5946.jpg

https://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o520/erikajo85/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_3810.jpg

My computer is slow and only one of your pics loaded all the way for me, but she is beautiful!!!

First night home was pretty pleasant. Hate that feeding her is over an hour long process for me between waking up and getting to go back to sleep. Oy. Hope this gets better soon. If I could get her to latch on the left boob so I didn't have to sit and pump it that would be awesome.

I still feel anxiety about feeding even though she seems to latch okay to the right. She doesn't always get there, but I can hear her sucking and swallowing away, so that's a good sign. DH is going to try and feed her from a bottle today because he's worried about her intake. Fingers crossed for no nipple confusion!

Attachments

• vanessa01.jpg
    vanessa01.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4
  • vanessa03.jpg
    vanessa03.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3
  • vanessa05.jpg
    vanessa05.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 3
Awww so precious!

I actually am missing being pregnant? Am I crazy? My birth was horrible but I still keep thinking about it over and over and am sad it is over! I miss going to the dr. twice a week for my non stress tests and visiting with the nurses!

DH went back to work yesterday so it has been a little crazy for me. How are you doing?

Doing pretty good. I have been pumping and feeding for the last day as my nips really took a beating with Vanessa's bad latch. I'm going to keep trying with her, but probably only once or twice a day, not every feeding because I don't want to get to that super painful point again.

My husband is staying home for 4 weeks (can't believe one of them is almost over already), and MIL will be here until Dec. 14th at least to help with my bigger little one.

Vanessa ate a LOT last night. Didn't let me get much sleep!!

I don't miss being pregnant. At least not yet. Hopefully though it doesn't happen because I'm really feeling that two babies is enough for me. I don't think I want to have another one. The back labor (though only 3 hrs) was killer! I won't be forgetting that as quickly as I forgot my first labor.

How are you doing with just you and Lydia? I remember being nervous about it being just me and Michaela, but it really wasn't bad at all! One on one time with baby is awesome!

The first day was really hard. I am not going to lie this is harder than I thought it would be. I love her so much but it is scary. I am constantly worrying about her! lol.

It is getting better. THis is day 3 being home and it is getting easier. I am lucky tomorrow is Turkey day and family and DH will be here for a long weekend :)

What are your plans for Turkey day? Can you believe that it is already here? I was so focused on my baby I didn't even really think about Thanksgiving or Christmas this year!

How is your little one doing?

Glad things are getting a little bit easier for you. It takes a little while to get into a routine, or at least get used to your routine being all disrupted. Worrying definitely comes with the territory, especially for a first time mom. I'm sure you're doing a marvelous job with Lydia!

We're going to have a little bit of family here at our house for Thanksgiving, but the meal is on my in laws. They ordered a box turkey dinner that comes with all kinds of trimmings. Then MIL and grandmother in law will take care of the dishes and everything. It'll be me & dh along with his parents, my parents, and his grandma. I'm looking forward to all the good food!

Vanessa had her first ped appointment today. She is 3 oz over her birth weight now and a 1/2 inch longer! Yay for growing babies!

Yay so glad to hear you guys are doing well!

I started feeling weird yesterday but I tried to tough it out until this afternoon. I have had a horrible backache, cramps, and feel like I need to pee constantly. I called and I am glad I did because I do have an infection...for sure a bladder infection. They are going to run some tests on my urine over tomorrow and let me know Friday. I am glad I got antibiotics to start so I can not miserable tomorrow!

Hope you have a great Turkey day!

Aw, sorry about the infection, but glad you have meds for it now! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

My stitches have really been bugging me. Hopefully they will be healed soon. They already feel better than they did a couple of days ago. Only thing is they're dissolving maybe a little too soon for me. Felt like I popped a stitch yesterday and it's still very stingy today. Hope everything is healing well.

Wondering... should we be moving this convo somewhere else? I mean we're not even pregnant anymore let alone TTC. (or are you thinking about another one? ;) )

I was just thinking the same thing! I thought wow we are in Ttc board but we both have babies already. Yes we should start a new thread!

How was your Turkey day? Mine was good! Very low key. Lydia is doing well. How is Vanessa?

I don't think my antibiotics are working. I feel a little worse! Argh

So where do we start a new group? Groups & discussions for pregnancy or baby club? I'm thinking probably the first right?

Hope you're infection is not getting worse!!

Turkey day was really good. Had TONS of great food and now more leftovers than I know what to do with. Vanessa is doing great. Sleeping a lot, but always waking well for a bottle. She takes like 4 oz at a time! It's insane! Michaela wouldn't take more than 2 at this point, but she also ate more often.

I had a mini meltdown last night because I only pumped just over 2 oz in one session when I should be getting 3x as much. I was convinced my milk was drying up and I was a bfing failure. When Vanessa woke for the next feeding I used the hand pump to draw out my nip and got a lot (about an ounce) in under a minutes time. So I figured I probably need to up the power setting on the pump. I did this morning and got 10 oz!! So I'm psyched and feeling a lot better now.

How's everything going with you? Are you dealing well with being just you and Lydia?

We are doing good although I have not been alone with her alll day yet lol. DH was home most last week. I am a little nervous for this coming week.

She is congested :( I feel so bad. It happens after she eats and I try and sit her upright and burp her alot. I sucked out her boogies for the first time today!

I am pumping and I am only getting 1-2 oz three times a day! I supplement with formula. I wish I could get more milk...formula is sooo expensive! I am renting a hospital pump for the month but I have a manual one. Maybe I should just try my manual one? I am also taking supplements. It is frusterating.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-club/1483149-baby-buddies.html#post23381325

Here I started a post under baby club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"