26 yr old TTC #1...Anyone wanna be buds?

Maybe it is because I am not working and I am stuck at home all day that time is dragging on. I am almost 38 weeks!

Yay for getting a van!

ANything new going on today?

Oh yeah Happy Halloween!!!

Like I said, I'm not miserable or have another reason to be anxious to get this baby out. Also I have DD to distract me (and since she's on the verge of being a full blown walker, that's alot of distraction!). I definitely do kind of wish Vanessa were here already, but I need to soak up all the time I have left with Michaela just the 2 of us.

Picked up the van today. It's got a lot more bells & whistles than we thought. The spec sheet only had like 2 things on it that were additional, everything else was standard. There's like automatic/electric everything in that car! Also a bluetooth connection so I can answer my phone by pushing a button on the steering wheel. Craziness! LOL. We've got the carseats installed. We put as much down on the car as possible so even though I'd LOVE to take Michaela out somewhere in it I've got no money to spend when I get there. LOL. No, I'll save it for tomorrow and spend tonight cowering in fear of trick or treaters (I have no candy!).

Hope you are having a great Halloween. Hopefully we both get our babies soon. At least you know you won't go past due!

We went through TONS of candy last night! Like $20 worth of candy. We didn't think we would go through so much. DH started handing out candy instead of letting them grab it because he wanted some extras lol.

Remember DH's little brother's possible baby momma? She is having her baby right now according to facebook. Makes me a little jealous because I want my baby lol.

I am going to get checked at my appointment tomorrow. I am not a fan of sitting there half naked with just a sheet over me for 45 mins while doing the non stress test too lol. Oh well!

Oh I wouldn't be a fan of that either!!

Yeah, my check was pretty surprising to me! 2 cm dilated, -1 station, 80% effaced. Wowza! The NP did mention that women can walk around 2-3 cm dilated for weeks, but she did seem to err on the side of caution. Told me she'd see me next week unless I thought I needed to come in sooner. Also told me to "take it easy". We'll see what happens. It could be soon, or it could be 4 weeks from now (she told me they don't like to let ladies go past 41 weeks, so I have a timeline. Definitely a Nov baby).

Did you say something about a possibility your brother was not baby's dad?? i don't remember. What's happened with that? Just curious. Sorry his gf is beating you to the punch.

We are not sure if it is his or not. They are going to do a paternity test. She is a very cute baby but then again I think every baby being born now is gorgeous! :)

Apt today and I am still CLOSED! :( ARGHHHHHHHHH

Still closed!? BOO! I don't think it's terribly unusual as a first timer for that to happen. It doesn't mean labor can't still be close, so try not to be discouraged!

I've been hearing too much lately about ladies regressing in dilation or engagement of baby's head... Makes me worried next week that I'm going to find out Vanessa's headed the wrong direction or something!

I'm pretty sure all the babies being born now are just super adorable, but you know when you have Lydia her cuteness is going to blow all those other babies out the water! ;)

Does the little girl have a name??

How was your weekend? I can't believe I am 11 days from my due date! Or 10 depending on which one they go with lol. My last apt is on November 15th so I am going to say 10 days!

We didn't do much at all. We took it easy and went grocery shopping (cheaply) and went on a dinner date and rented movies.

Had a pretty good weekend. Got a few things done around the house. My grandmother in law did a huge job on our kitchen getting it spic&span. MIL and DH raked outside. I worked on laundry and a few other things and Grandpa spent a lot of time with Michaela. It was really nice.

I'm so flippin tired. Michaela's slept bad the last few nights. Last night I was sooo tired, I couldn't make myself get out of bed fast enough to soothe her, so she ended up going back to sleep on her own each time. I don't mind a little CC, but I did want her to know that her momma was there and loved her. I just feel sooo exhausted. I'm debating whether I should try to nap when she does today.

Oh Michaela also had her 15 month well check today. She's doing great, growing well. Had to get 4 shots today, so I'm expecting she'll probably be getting really drowsy soon. Hope she sleeps well tonight because of it.

A lot of November mommies are popping left and right now. Some of us from one group have made a facebook group and 2 girls had babies yesterday and we're looking at 2 (maybe 3) more girls having babies today. Wow!

Hope you have a great week!

Any news? Did you have a good weekend?

I had my apt yesterday and I just KNEW they were going to set up an induction or something was going to happen. Just a feeling I had. So had my bpp ultrasound and Lydia passed so I went upstairs and BP was 174/104! So they took a few bps and Dr. came in and she sent me to the hospital to go relax and get a serious of bps done. So she wrote me a note to go to front of line to vote lol so I could go to hospital asap. BP went down and the Dr. on call there was really nice (even though he was a man and I am not use to a man OB). He decided to have me do a 24 hour urine test as my labs came back normal.

I was 1 cm dialted and she swept my membranes yesterday in hopes of starting something. I honestly haven't felt anything but minor cramping and was not having an contractions last night at hospital. But I keep have tiny clots in urine. I am assuming that is normal after a membrane sweep though.

Next week at my appointment with my OB she will set up an induction....so I know it will be next week!!! I am so nervous and excited at the same time!

So last night when I was at the hospital they were PACKED and I had to share a triage room with a women who had just come in and she was already 8 cm dialted and she was FREAKING out. Listening to her go through contractions was so scary. The nurse was like don't worry she will be gone in a second and you will be fine when you have your baby lol.

Wow this was a long post! What is new with you?

No news here. I'm excited for my appointment tomorrow! Really hoping I have progressed some since last week.

So many girls popping left and right. I'm loving the newborn pics I've seen lately. Keeps making it more and more real that we are going to have babies SOON.

Can you imagine 2 weeks from now you'll be holding little Lydia!? That's amazing!

Haven't heard from you in a while... are you cuddling a wee little baby now?? Hope so!

Had an appointment yesterday. OB said I was a "stretchy" 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced (so same as last time), and baby is fully engaged (0 station). Last night just after 11 I had my "show" (or at least I'm hoping it wasn't just because of the cervical check). So I'm hoping and praying that my this is it is only a day or two away. Fingers crossed! I did have some crampy feelings last night, but woke this morning feeling totally normal, but maybe contractions will come tonight?

Hope you are doing well!

Hey there!

I am snuggling a new baby Lydia! She was born on Sunday, Nov. 11th at 5:57 am! She was 9 lbs and 22.5 inches long. She is about 8 lbs 4 oz now. She is really long! I just love her so much!

I hope that this is it for you and keep me updated!

So Friday, Nov. 9th I went to my apt and BP was sky high so being 39 weeks they sent me to the hospital to get induced. I was still only 1 and thick so they decided to do cervidil for 12 hours. Well 4 hours into it at 4 am, my water broke and the cervidil fell out so they had me walk and labor naturally until they started pitocin. Noon on Saturday they started pitocin and by 4 pm I was asking for some pain meds just to take the edge off. I got a nap in and woke up with horrible back pain that was so bad I was shaking and trying sooo hard to breathe through them!

Dr came in and I was still only 2 but 90 effaced so he oked the epidural for me. The epidural did not hurt at all and was such a relief! I napped from like 8 pm-11 pm and woke up with pressure feeling and I was at 7 cm! An hour later I had her check again and I was 10 and the Dr wanted me to push right away since my water had been broken for almost 24 hours.

Well I pushed for 3 HOURS! It was horrible. They turned off the epi so I could feel my pushes and turned up the pitocin. Finally, after three hours the Dr finally came in and told me Lydia was stuck on my pubic bone and she would not fit. He would not risk of a vaccumm because he didn't know how big she was and he said my bone was narrow.

So c-section time! I had given up and said do whatever you had to do. I felt horrible. I was sooo out of it and it had been a long day and half. Well as soon as that happened the epidural wore off and I was screaming in pain before the section. My dh was so scared for me. Got back into surgery and there were tons of people there. I was so out of it I don't remember much of it. Bits and pieces.

Anyways, the only horrible thing about my c-section is that I couldn't take care of my baby for about a day or so. DH had to do everything for me.

I am home from the hospital now and we had our first night home last night after being in the hospital since last Friday. It went really well!

I hope you are or close to snuggling your new baby!

PS I will post pics later of Lydia...I am going to take some today!

She is here. Born 5:19 am after 3 hrs labor and 15 min pushing. Very surprised to see she's blond! Haven't slept yet. Finding it difficult. She's in yhe nursery so I can sleep, but now I can't sleep!

Oh so sorry, where's my head!? Congrats to you! Hope you're healing well. Are you bfing? If so, how's that going?

Congrats! Is she Vanessa? How big and she was born this morning?

Sounds like your labor was great!!! Great for you :)

THanks!

Since I had GD Lydia had to have her blood sugar tested and birth and it was low (29) so they had to give her formula while I was still in surgery. I breastfed right after and she latched but they kept testing her sugar levels so after I would feed she would have to have some formula.

I have had breast reduction surgery so they weren't sure how much milk I would produce so they had me start pumping and started a supplement in hospital. We have now just gone to formula feeding until I can get some milk in by pumping and hopefully I can give her some. I have just a tiny bit. Makes me a little sad!

Sleep well :)

Yes, Vanessa. She was 8 lbs even. 19.5 inches long.

Hope you can get there with your supply, but having her fed is the most important thing, whether ff or bf. Youre doing awesome!

Yay! Can't wait for pictures!

How are you feeling?

I am 3 days post surgery and I am soooo swollen. I have a nurse coming to check me at our house tomorrow. I hope to get it figured out because this is annoying and hurts!

Muscles in my arms and back kill from the pushing. Incredibly tired, but have not yet been able to make myself sleep. I had an episiotomy which is no fun to deal with. Already getting more manageable though. Hoping she's more awake for feedings soon. They're threatening to make me pump. Don't want to have to go there yet.

How are you feeling today?

Lydia was up pretty much ALL night lol. DH and I aren't use to this no sleep thing.

I am healing well I think. Still taking just tylenol and ibuprofen for pain. When are you going home?

I'm home now. been here almost 3 hrs. The pump did come out unfotunately. bfing is a little hit and miss at the moment. Hope I can find the patience for her latch to come around. Feels like all there is time for is the next feeding!!

Sorry about your sleepless night. I hope Vanessa does well her first night home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->