28 weeks and havent done nursery yet..

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
I started her nursery at 15/16 weeks when we found out the gender, but I got half way done painting and realized I didn't like the color and wanted to redo it and that is where I have been since.

I know what color I want to do it now, but I've just been so busy I haven't had time and here it is 3rd trimester when things are getting tough and the baby shower is 3 1/2 weeks away and I haven't done a thing.

I have to have it at least painted before the babyshower because we absolutely have nowhere else to put all her stuff.

Anyone else not started yet?

You've gotten much farther than me! I'm 27 weeks and haven't done anything!! We have a crib in the box leaning up against the wall and that's about it. It's worse for us because currently we have a "junk room" and a guest room. The junk room is going to be the new guest room and the current guest room is going to be the nursery. Sooo we have to clean out the junk room first, move the guest furniture into there then we can start on the nursery. We've just been so busy and now with the holidays I haven't even bothered trying. I told DH after the first of the year we have to get serious. Part of the issue is I want the paint to kind of match the bedding set we picked out, so I'd like to have it in my hand to match paint, but I'm kind of hoping someone will buy it for us and I don't even know when we'll have a shower bc no one's told me a date they want to do it yet. So at least you're way ahead of me!

We didnt even start on the nursery until I was 35 weeks and it still wasnt finished until I was 37. I had to pester SO constantly to help me do it but its finally finished....for the most part.

The nursery is still being used as our junk room, so I haven't been able to do anything to it. Baby will sleep in my room in her Moses basket until she grows out of it, that's when I'll look at doing the nursery lol

:rofl: DS is still in the nursery, his new room is still the office, the new office is still the junk room. I'm 34 weeks. Oops!

I have given up trying to get mine started! I have set the cot up in our room as was always the plan, and hopefully either DH can get it done over the xmas break or more likely... once they are here and ready to go in it at a few months old :dohh:

All our baby stuff is still in storage, I like doing things last minute ds nursery I did when I was overdue which was when I also bought my birth pool and packed my birth box. I never even had a hospital bag.
Hey it wasn't that long ago that the new baby just slept in a drawer lined with blanket so don't worry.
xx

I chose not to do a nursery. We have additional rooms. Only one is "finished" but it's set up as our gym. The other needs complete remodeling. Our house is almost 150 yrs old!

I've redone most of our home, and while DH is very helpful- He's no bob vila. I do pretty much everything and can't safely mess with it while pregnant.

I set up some things in our room... But that's it. Don't worry! Babies don't need a whole lot at first. :)

I started the nursery when I was about 7 weeks pregnant. I'm 36 weeks pregnant now... with #2... and its still not done, oops.

I've bought the paint, do I get points for that? :winkwink:

Our nursery is currently our dining room (our house doesn't have one, so we use a bedroom just off the kitchen), and we're hosting Christmas, so I couldn't start even if I had the time. We'll get serious in January. We have the color we want above the chair rail from pre-pregnancy, but never did get around to getting the bottom half how we want it, so we'll have to finish that, then get a crib, and so on. Some of the art that's in there will stay, though, so that helps. He'll be sleeping overnight with us in a bassinet for awhile anyway, but I want him to nap in his crib so it's familiar, so I'm eager to get it done.

Our baby won't have a nursery until 6months old, so we will start it a month before then. Until then baby will be in with us, starting from scratch again with everything this time just means we can spread the cost and get it exactly as we want rather than rushing it on a budget! So don't worry, you have plenty of time:flower:

Our nursery is sort of started. We took down the lath and plaster that was on the walls, and it is now insulted and has drywall. Still needs to be taped and mudded, painted, the floor put in and the furniture set up.

We haven't started, either. Our house is only three bedrooms, and since this is our third child, someone has to share. DS has the biggest room (with a very large closet), so he is switching out with DD since we are having another girl. That means painting two rooms (DS isn't fond of having a pink room, otherwise) and moving furniture into two of them. The only reason I haven't started is because my husband has been working seven days a week for the past three months and we've, quite literally, not had any time to get it done. After the holidays he is taking a weekend off so we can finally move forward.

With my DD I didn't do anything till I was way past 30 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->