2nd Blighted ovum for me - my story.

rosie bear

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

1st post, so bear with me! :winkwink:

My story: Married in May last year at the grand age of 37, god knows why we waited so long! Tried for a baby straight away with no luck so bought the Clearblue monitor and fell on our second attempt (May this year). Waited til I was a week late for period then got BFP - Yay!:happydance: Within days started bleeding, went for scan couple of weeks later only to find sac only, blighted ovum. No luck in passing naturallly so ERPC on 02nd July. Left it the advised two periods then back to the monitor. Amazed to find out I had fallen again on our 1st attempt (BFP 18th Sep).

Didn't want to get my hopes up after last time, just had bad feeling. Today I would (will) be 4w 5 days. Over the weekend starting feeling unwell, and on Sunday night the dreaded spotting appeared, getting heavier yesterday. Today full bleeding so just know it has happened again as I feel exactly the same as last time :cry:

Got doctors appointment on Thursday, going to try and get early scan up at EPU to have my fears confirmed, although I just know what has happened.

Anyone know of any other lady who has had two blighted ovums and then went on to have a healthy baby? If I was a little younger I wouldn't be so worried but I just think that time is against me.

Any comments much appreciated.

Hi i dont have any advise, but I just wanted to send you some :hugs:

Thanks bluesky, have bought doc's appointment forward to this morning as feelling so crappy. Thanks for the hug!

So sorry hunni
I don't have any advice but like bluesky just wanted to send you a *hug*, I know its not overly useful but I'll be thinking of you this morning x

So sorry hunni
I don't have any advice but like bluesky just wanted to send you a *hug*, I know its not overly useful but I'll be thinking of you this morning x

Ah thanks SugarFairy, why is this making babies thing so bloody hard sometimes! :shrug:

:dust:

:hugs: What a tough situation to be in. Hope it goes easily and hopefully naturally at least this time and that you get your sticky bfp really soon! Best of luck! :hugs:

Hi RosieBear!
I am sorry you are going through this :hugs: and hope that the docs give you some good news this morning.

I hope sharing my story will give you some much needed hope anyway :shrug:

I have had one blighted ovum but also a Chemical MC and an Ectopic where I had to have my right tube removed!!! All this within 9months I was devastated to say the least. I am also 37 and didnt get married until I was 36! We tried straight away and I had my Ectopic last year Sept. Followed by Chemical in Jan this year and my blighted in April. I had got to 8 weeks with the last one :(

My brain and heart couldnt handle all the pain and so I forgot about TTC. It is harder to do than you think. I stopped monitoring my BBT, CM , using CBFM and Softcups and just forgot about it all for two months. I did however, take up Acupuncture. Fantastic guy who we know has helped several women with MC. He said to stop trying for about three months, he would work with getting my energy levels up. After a MC our energy levels are really low and he wanted to work on clearing out my uterus (after blighted) and then get levels high enough. He also worked on pointed around my uterus and ovaries as I told him I was concerned about 'old eggs' because of my age and having MC/BO's. We werent really trying at all in the third month. I had thought to dust off my monitor and bring it out. DH and I BD around mid cycle but not sure of ov date as I wasnt monitoring! Got my BFP and am today 16w pregnant. I am still nervous as shit! but regularly taking acupuncture and the herbs he has prescribed. I really believe my body needed tweeking and he tweeked it!

Please dont give up hope- My ACu doc told me at our age we were still Young! I love this dude!!

Hope I havent upset you or anything like that- that isnt my intention.

Good luck today- what time is your appointment?

Hi girls, thanks for your support and thanks for sharing your story minimin, so pleased things have worked out for you and I'm sure you will be fine, tho I can understand totally that you are shitting yourself:laugh2:

Just got back from the docs, bless her she was about 10 years old! :winkwink: said that I should go up to the EPU, did I know whether I could just turn up or would she have to contact them! I explained that you needed to be referred so she filled in a form online, printed it out and gave to me to take downstairs to be faxed over. Natuarally I read this on my way down :blush: said suspected ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage. Thought this could have been rather distressing for someone else in my situation who had no idea what was happening to them or why :growlmad:

So now I am just awaiting a call from EPU to see when I can get in there, a question, does anyone know if I have another EPRC does it make it anymore likely that I would have another MC?

Keeping hopeful and looking forward to 3rd time lucky :hugs:

:hugs: hun! I cant answer your question about EPRC- but just to say I am thinking of you and hoping the EPU provide you with some answers. Sorry your doc was a little inexperienced in such things :(

Update....just back from EPU have had full MC so they couldnt tell if it was a BO again. In one way glad that I have passed it all natuarally this time. They said that I probably would not get referred for tests until I had 3 MC, seems bit unfair but there you go! Will make an appt with my GP and see what can be done. But am ready to try again, hubby better watch out as soon as Ive got my AF I will be upon him!! :sex:

Update....just back from EPU have had full MC so they couldnt tell if it was a BO again. In one way glad that I have passed it all natuarally this time. They said that I probably would not get referred for tests until I had 3 MC, seems bit unfair but there you go! Will make an appt with my GP and see what can be done. But am ready to try again, hubby better watch out as soon as Ive got my AF I will be upon him!! :sex:

Glad to hear it went naturally and painless as possible. DH better watch out :dohh:

My sister had a miscarriage as well as 2 blighted ovum. She delivered a healthy girl August 9th! She had also had an abortion before those pregnancies. The body can take a lot. I hope you have a happy ending sweety! Fx for you! Keep us updated!

Adanma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->