2nd Labour - Am more nervous!

EmmaDueInFeb

Reaction score
Hey

Any other ladies find they were more nervous about labour for your second than your first???

I have started having pretty freaky dreams, and am starting to get a bit anxious at the idea of labour, even though I've done it all before...

Am I normal or nuts ??? :wacko:

it hasent bothered me, but last couple of days, i have started to freak out a bit, my labour with my daughter was 8 hours last time and i managed on only gas and air, im scared if its any longer then that i may need a epi... which i dont want, but i remember how unbearable that pain was.... think its normally to feel the way we do.... and remember every pregnancy and labour is different, so this time round you may find it easier x

No its completely normal to feel like that hun! I was much more nervous on my second cause i knew what to expect, but if its any consolation i had a MUCH easier and relaxed birth second time round! So this time i havent really thought about the birth at all but im not nervous!

xx

Hi,

I am ten times more nervous this time than I have ever been before and this is my third...;)

I think it is just because you kind of no what to expect - Not too make you feel worse but my second labour was alot harder than my first (Probably down to size though 1st ds was 5lbs 5oz and second was 7lb 15oz) so he got a bit stuck so that is why I am even more anxious this time,
Although my contractions were not nearly as bad with my second (I managed to get to 8cm without a sniff of gas and air, Paracetamol or anything)

I am sure you will be fine and the majority of people (other thane me :)..) had a much, much , much easier time on their second xxx

yes im totally shitting myself this time around my 1st labour was 17 hours and 18 stitches. Im also really nervous about leaving my daughter to go into hospital :(

yes im totally shitting myself this time around my 1st labour was 17 hours and 18 stitches. Im also really nervous about leaving my daughter to go into hospital :(

Ditto, I had many stitches and all the loveliness that goes with them, also my daughter is only 18 mths old, and am feeling guilty already about leaving her..

Its knowing whats about to come that terrifies me, sometimes ignorance is truely bliss :)

No i am not as bad because i know that i forgot very quickly last time and know that is all that stands in the way of our little one being here.

I think i am going to maybe go for an epidural again this time but i also have ordered a hypnobirthing CD so will see how much that helps first.

I had a very bad time last time with my son who was 9lb Oz so unless he is a lot bigger than that i am hoping it shouldn't be as bad. Hoping...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->