2nd midwife appt.- protein in urine

AP

Reaction score
I had my second midwife appointment today. She said i had a trace of protein in my urine. She asked if i felt like i had a urine infection. I said no, but for years i get them easy, since being pregnant i've never had a problem?

Trust me, i know when i have one normally. The discomfort is unbareable!

But i shrugged it off as she said it may be nothing to worry about. Until i visited google,of course!

Help! I do find i should be drinking more, and will try a lot harder. But is it the norm?

They have found protein in my urine quite a few times but nothing ever comes of it for me. I just get told to drink more water.

I've just had this at my second midwife appointment this morning too! She did seem to think it was nothing to worry about and will be checked next time anyway.

Has got me slightly worried though :(

Last time i went i had protein and blood in my urine, then got tested for an infection which came out negative. And then i made the mistake of googling it, big big big mistake. I ended up all worked up and phoned the midwives who said it was very common and not to worry at all!

Sb22, don't google!!! You can google anything harmless and end up being convinced that things look grim, I've done it myself! I think protein in urine is pretty common, they'll keep an eye on you but you'll be fine :hugs:

When I registered at a new GP, they did a urine test and found protein. They sent it off for further analysis and it came back perfectly normal. Try not to worry!

It can be pretty normal to have a trace or plus of protein in your urine. Not always meaning a water infection.

Hi Hun, i had a trace of protein in my urine it came back negative for infection...they only tend to be concerned if you have high blood pressure aswell as the protein which i had and ended up in hospital for a week and it still came to nothing!!! except i am now on blood pressure tablets...did she check your BP? im sure she did if that was fine there is nothing to worry about its normal ! :) good luck xx

Hi, I was told that a trace of protien can sometimes be caused by a little mucus getting mixed up with the wee sample, nothing more worrying than that.

Yep that's what my MW told me - contamination from a little discharge can leave a trace ... nothing to worry about. That happened to me 2 samples ago, both have since been fine.

Google can be a great thing (led me here) but can also be a nightmare!!

Well suprise suprise guess what i just woke up with? A uti.

Happy days... :(

Step away from the google :D

Don't panic hun, it can be just fine. More protein might be an indication of something else when combined with other symptoms but thats what your MW is there for :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->