2nd tri and beyond Due Jul/Aug/Sep 2018

Hi ladies!

Wanted to check in, finally entered my last week of my first trimester! I haven't "suffered" from all day sickness in almost a month and I'm so relieved for that! But my hormones have gladly taken it's place and bless my DH for putting up with me!
I go Wednesday for my NT testing and to talk to my doctor so I'm a little nervous about that; I'll have to let you all know what my results are! The only thing that I'm worried is that I'm not showing yet, :cry: I think I was 4 months with my first when I started popping out. But all I have is a burrito belly that people mistaken for as my bump. So I avoid touching and just try to leave it be. I know everyone else is far more ahead than I, but did anyone deal with no baby bump?
I've about craved almost everything under the sun, but have been good and trying to keep majority of my meals healthy. But I definitely don't hold back if I want ice cream :happydance:
It's ridiculous how many women I know personally that have announced their pregnancies since we found out; the tally went up to 7 yesterday! We still haven't announced it to everyone or as most would say, 'make it Facebook official.' For some reason to me, it just hasn't seemed right yet to tell everyone. It feels like something is telling me to hold off, it's weird to explain; I think after Wednesday I'll be ready to announce our news.
I hope everyone is doing great!

Congrats homegrown!

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Starlight. Hope you get better soon!

My son is down with a cold, poor little guy. He's home with my grandmother today as he was running a fever. I hate when he's sick :(

I've developed carpal tunnel in my hand! What a pain :( My right hand, of course. It's tingly and painful...ugh! Apparently a normal pregnancy complication.

I can't remember if I told you all we're expecting a little girl!! <3 (baby brain, I probably did mention it lol). I feel her move often now...it's so special.

I've developed carpal tunnel in my hand! What a pain :( My right hand, of course. It's tingly and painful...ugh! Apparently a normal pregnancy complication.

I can't remember if I told you all we're expecting a little girl!! <3 (baby brain, I probably did mention it lol). I feel her move often now...it's so special.

a girl, nice, congrats! I have a feeling we're having the same, still have a ways to go on that though!

I thought for sure until the day before our scan that baby was a boy haha. Oops! I am thrilled either way, of course. And now over the moon in love with our little princess.

Sorry to hear some of you guys are struggling still with pains and sickness xx

Home Im sure soon enough you will start showing just emjoy still getting wear out of your normal clothes for lomger xx Im same as you still havent made it facebook offical think I will after my 20wk scan something just keeps stopping me I think because its been such a long tome coming Im worried something might go wrong xx

Alligator thats awful about carpel tunnel hope it doesnt get too bad and does go away after pregnancy xx congrats on a baby girl so made up for you xx

I have my antenatal consultant today with Dr not sure what happens but we shall see and my 20wk scan is only 3 wks today away now I just cant believe I didnt cave and wont cave to get an early gender scan so excited to find out what Im having xx

I've bought more baby stuff this week cant help myself and this time I bought some neutral baby clothes couldnt help myself lol xx Im still getting tiredness cant remember the last time I actually slept right through guess that's my body preparing me for what is about to come sleepless nights lol xx Im still getting pains now and then Ill speak to the Dr about them today xx

I had a bit of carpel tunnel when pregnant with my daughter- it didn't last the entire time though!

Homegrown, I wouldn't worry about not showing yet. I'm 15+ weeks and my pre-pregnancy pants are loose on me! Haven't gained any weight and no noticeable bump. I have googled and talked to friends and some don't show until 18-20 weeks. Also, I have a long torso which can allow baby more room I guess.

Angela, I'm planing on the 20w point for announcing too. All of our close friends and immediate family knows, but the only way I know to reach those I don't see regularly is social media, such a attaches concept sometimes! I want to do a picture with a board that says something along the lines: we've hoped and we've prayed and can finally say, our precious baby is on the way!

Alligator, congrats on little girl news! sorry about the carpal tunnel, I forget that can come with pregnancy.

AFM - we had an unexpected scan on Fri. Someone needed models to practice on, so wasn't the best, but another peak at baby! Seems to be measuring on point. Saw some movement and clear fingers which was cool.

Homegrown, you are not alone at all. Im going on 18 wks now and do not have a noticable belly at all. I have a slight “pudge” but im for sure not showing yet either which also left me a little concerned as well but everyone including my ob is assuring me that everything is ok and soemtimes it just takes a while to show.

Angela, I too havent announced officially on social media that im pregnant either. I think I may wait until later on down the line during my pregnacy to say anything publicly but my close family and coworkers all know because of my horrible ms I experienced in my first trimester it was hard to hide and also turning down alcohol around the holidays I think was a dead giveaway for a few people who are close to me.

I am anticipating my 20 wk scan only 2 weeks away. Im also very nervous but praying for the best.

Best wishes to everyone :dance:

Starlight that's reassuring that it didn't last for you! I had a friend who had it so bad in both hands she was written off work...her hands were literally useless to her, she couldn't wash her own hair! So I am fearful of it getting worse. Its my right hand, and I'm right handed (of course) and typing at work/writing is already a bit tougher.

Well my srandard appt at hospital wasn't a standard appointment Im going under dual care between my midwife and Dr at hospital about 12 yrs ago I had abnormal cells removed off my cervix they said back then they did something called a loop excursion something like that and could of taken a large chunk away which may have shortened my cervix which means I may not be able to carry full term and might have to have a stitch put in which they'll take out at 36 weeks but means I could go at any point when the stitch is taken out I'll know more at my 20 wk scan as they will also check the length of my cervix and to top it off I had another bleed yesterday which I havent had since leaving 1st tri Ive called hospital left a message just waiting for a call back xx

Angela don't panic!!! It sounds like you had the LEEP procedure. I had this too, in 2015 (almost 3 years ago now). My doctor told me that it CAN cause cervix issues in pregnancy but more times than not, everything is fine, they just monitor your cervix a bit more.

I had my 20 scan last week and they did a transvaginal scan to check my cervix and it was 5cm and closed, they were pleased with that as it's quite good and well within normal! They told me that they'll likely monitor it as the pregnancy progresses but I wouldn't need any sort of stitch, as my cervix healed well.

I'm sorry for your bleed, that is very scary! I know it can be normal and many things can cause it. Take it easy mama.

Thanks Alligator well all was well this bleeding is something that I just have to put up with Ive got crevical erosion which is caused by pregnancy and quite common pregnancy sympton so they say the only thing that will cure it is having the baby then it should go away. The bleeding isn't effecting baby at all or causing any issues it's just an annoyance more than anything but with any bleeding Im still to call hospital and get it checked just to be on the safe side xx Well baby beautiful healthy and happy no issues at all baby also had legs completely spread wide open so we found out its a boy couldnt not see it it was waving it at us lol xx

Attachments

• 20180302_000424.jpg
    20180302_000424.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Alligator well all was well this bleeding is something that I just have to put up with Ive got crevical erosion which is caused by pregnancy and quite common pregnancy sympton so they say the only thing that will cure it is having the baby then it should go away. The bleeding isn't effecting baby at all or causing any issues it's just an annoyance more than anything but with any bleeding Im still to call hospital and get it checked just to be on the safe side xx Well baby beautiful healthy and happy no issues at all baby also had legs completely spread wide open so we found out its a boy couldnt not see it it was waving it at us lol xx

Congrats on finding out that the baby's a boy! That's so exciting! :happydance:

Aw what a sweet babe! Congrats on your son <3

"Waving at us" :rofl:

Congrats on team :blue:

I never had a LEEP but I did have two D&Cs and had quite a bit of bleeding from my cervix during the pregnancy after my second D&C. I'm glad they're monitoring you. They never monitor my cervix despite knowing my past history, although I wish they would, not only because of the procedures I had done but there is a history of cervical incompetence in my family. My grandmother gave birth prematurely every time - she had four babies - and my cousin had to have a stitch put in her cervix to hold the baby in. Every time I asked if they'd check me for dilation in my last pregnancy (I was having signs of it) they refused. I really don't want to go into premature labour again.

Caviar did you go into early labour on your last pregnancy Id tell them again this time see what they say xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->