2nd trimester ache and pains

Angel17

Reaction score
3rd pregnancy and can remember feeling slightly uncomfortable withboth of mine but I feel like my pelvic hurts. more one side, ovary twinges making it hard to walk but I can but sometimes I have trouble as I get up from the sofa. I am only 17 weeks so finding that quite hard. I also pee a little when I sneeze! I di pelvic florr but clearly not enough and I am constipated again! I'm after some advice on how to deal with these things? I was severly constipated my in last pregnant and didn't even have the clear out like most woman do so labour was horrendous. This time I have asking for a enema? can you do that? sorry I just feel like moaning and I'm only 17 weeks. June 30th couldn't come sooner. :happydance:

I do an enema at home when I realize I'm in labor. Oh yeah, for sure. I get the "clear out", all right, but it isn't until I'm 5 cm dilated and have to poop in a bucket commode at the hospital (no epidurals for me) because they're afraid I'll give birth in the toilet. Hahahaha!!

Once you've had a baby, your body isn't the same again. You can do pelvic floor exercises all day long, and many of us will still pee a little if we sneeze or whatever. It happens. It's okay. I had bronchitis for over two months, just having gotten over it and got a regular head cold a few days ago. Lovely. I've been peeing myself for a long time now. Hahaha. My OH jokes that I need adult diapers because my bladder has just given up with all the coughing I've been doing. Gee, thanks. My sister only has 2 kids, both by c-section, and pees herself constantly (same exact situation with my mum), much worse than me... so I feel better about it. ;) I have a prolapse from my first delivery, so I am VERY serious about my pelvic floor exercises, although I'm guaranteed to pee myself for the rest of my life if I'm not careful.

Relaxin is a B, though. It really makes it difficult to walk after a while, and that time comes sooner rather than later with each pregnancy unless we're extremely careful not to spread our legs too wide or move over the wrong way in bed, etc. Be very careful of how you move about so you don't get worse. Look into SPD - symphysis pubis dysfunction. :)

I feel you with the aches and pains. I'm randomly in so much pain down the side of my ribs?! It's impossible to get comfy. It hurts so bad by the end of the day!

I'm a life long constipation sufferer, pregnancy has not made the situation any better. I cannot recommend getting prescribed Laxido or Movicol enough. I've been taking Laxido for years on and off but I'm back on a daily sachet in pregnancy. For me, it generally allows me to go every day or every other day. It doesn't stop all of the bloat and pain but overall, I feel fairly comfortable in that department! I have to take it at a consistent time each day and with a good 400ml of water. Laxido is totally safe in pregnancy, so could be worth a try maybe!

Thanks for replies! I'm going to go gp for laxatives! I'm quite tender down there and it feels sore a lot. Just treating a yeast infection as well as sex was painful it's ok now but to be honest I could do without it for the next year ��! Anyway thanks for advice looks like all quite normal and just the joys of having kids lol! Wouldn't have it any other way. ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->