2nd V-Bac??

addy1

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I know it is really early to be thinking delivery already, but is anyone thinking of having a 1st or 2nd v-bac?

I am so undecided at this point....good thing I have until July to decide!! My first was a c-section because she was breech. I had a v-bac with my 2nd, and it was not that great. Some days I want to give a v-bac another go, but other days, I think a section would be better. :shrug:

I'm hoping for a v-bac (will be my 1st) really don't want another c-section as I had such a horrendous experience, but I don't know what vbac is really like so am not much help sorry :(

I started my second pregnancy saying I was going to go VBAC all the way but with big babies and the fact that no labor or opening of the cervix was happening even 3 days before my due date I went ahead and had another C-section so with this one, I'm just going C-section. Yeah I get jealous when I see people who can go home right away with the baby and I have to stay 2-3 days, but at the same time that's 2 days I'm taken care of and don't have to worry about anything.

Not sure they will let you opt for c section if you had a successful vbac as sections holds a lot more risks !!

When i had my booking vist my mw said they wouldn't even give me the choice for a elective section as the reason for my section was of my placenta been so damaged and baby distressed x

I'll be having another VBAC, unless of course one of us is in immediate danger.

I'm pushing hard for an all natural vbac. Luckily so far my doctor seems on board with it. We'll see what happens when I refuse to labor on my back for constant fetal monitoring. No way. I hated having a csection.. she was undetected breech, I was fully dilated and pushing before they figured it out... ugh. So I had an emergency section under general anesthesia. Didn't see my daughter for hours after... was too sore, couldn't hold her to breastfeed properly. If I can avoid it.. I will... unless baby or I are in imminent danger of course then I'll consent.

Yup, this will be my first my baby was also breech, I asked the midwife for water birth VBAC which she said the will not let me birth in the pool, she said they might let me labor in the pool which I am going to push for.. obviously if it turns out I or the baby are in danger I will go for c-section but if everything goes smoothly I will labor in the pool xx

As for me, I'll definitely go for a second vbac. Csection and vaginal birth were like a night and day. After my vbac i felt like i could fly comparing to my csection.
I hope you have a better experience this time.

Not sure they will let you opt for c section if you had a successful vbac as sections holds a lot more risks !!

When i had my booking vist my mw said they wouldn't even give me the choice for a elective section as the reason for my section was of my placenta been so damaged and baby distressed x

I will be able to book a c-section because I am not comfortable with going overdue or with an induction. I will book a section for my due date, and I guess just hope I go early again. My first was 2 weeks early, my second a 1.5 weeks early.

So much to think about. My v-bac was long, painful and my recovery was worse then my section. I have nightmares thinking about those first few weeks home, and how painful it was. I know chances are it will go better the second time, but it is still scary.

oh just seen your in america going too say in the UK its completly different they only do sections if medically nesseray unless your rich and famous and they seem too get sections and come out pre pregnancy lol

hope you have a better experiece this time x

My other two kids were both c sections. All of the hospitals close to me have banned vbac so I've decided to travel about n hour to be able to delivery this lil baby vaginally.

I tried for a VBAC with #2 b/c my recovery was horrendous from C-section #1. However things turned into an emergency w/ severe preeclampsia so had another csection as they wouldn't induce, and my recovery was like night and day to the first one. Soooo easy! And another girl I know had 3 csections now and said they have gotten easier each time. If you want to try for a vbac by all means go for it :) But just thought I'd throw that out there about recoveries :)

My other two kids were both c sections. All of the hospitals close to me have banned vbac so I've decided to travel about n hour to be able to delivery this lil baby vaginally.

they're letting you vbac after 2 csections? They won't even let you try that here, automatic csection after 2 :nope:

oh just seen your in america going too say in the UK its completly different they only do sections if medically nesseray unless your rich and famous and they seem too get sections and come out pre pregnancy lol

hope you have a better experiece this time x

They don't do elective ones here for no reason either, but they also won't induce on a v-bac. I also won't go overdue (I am scared to with a v-bac), so I'll book a section for my due date. I'm sure I'll go early again though.

they're letting you vbac after 2 csections? They won't even let you try that here, automatic csection after 2 :nope:

Well it's noy easy finding a dr/hospital that allow it around here. Im in oregon and have decided to drive to washington to be able to attempt a vbac.

Well it's noy easy finding a dr/hospital that allow it around here. Im in oregon and have decided to drive to washington to be able to attempt a vbac.

Ah, IC. Well I wish you the best of luck, good for you for giving it a try! :)

Yeah in the uk if you have had 2 it's automatic csection ,

Oh they induce in England for vbac but not with any drip form harsh

Just the peassary and break your waters xx

I've had a section and have automatically been offered an elective. I've also already been told they won't induce me again (I was induced last time) so if I go over due and don't go into labour on my own ill have to have a section. I think they look at it on a case by case basis.

I'm going to try for a vbac though, I hated my section (had already been in labour 24 hours and would prefer that again), I was really ill due to a big bleed and recovery was hard. I'm getting nervous about it already though!

Yeah in the uk if you have had 2 it's automatic csection ,

Oh they induce in England for vbac but not with any drip form harsh

Just the peassary and break your waters xx

No. If you live in the UK they will recommend a c-section after 2 c-sections, but its not "automatic" its completely your choice. Doctors in the States can refuse to care for you if you do not comply with thier birth plans, so they can turn round and say "you are not having a VBA2C in this hospital under my care". But in the UK you can turn around and say, "I'm having a VBA2C", and the midwives have a duty of care to look after you even if this goes against medical advice.

In fact in the UK you can say "I'm having a double twin breech VBA3C at home even though I have epilepsy, a heart condition and pre-eclampsia" and they would STILL have a duty of care to attend your birth.

I had an emergency section with my daughter and a vbac with my son.

My consultant has said he will support a second vbac if I have the baby before 41 weeks. After which they'll recommend an elective over an induction xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->