2nd V-Bac??

I had an emergency section with my daughter and a vbac with my son.

My consultant has said he will support a second vbac if I have the baby before 41 weeks. After which they'll recommend an elective over an induction xx

You can also completely decline induction and go for monitoring until spontaneous labour occurs, be that at 42,43 or whenever weeks. Not all babies grow to the same time table and monitoring can help establish if your baby needs to be born sooner or not.

I will be making it quite clear to the consultant at my 20 week appointment that she will not be giving me a c-section at some pre-determined date for no reason other than I passed the average "over due" date. If she won't support this I'll discharge myself from her care.

I had an emergency section with my daughter and a vbac with my son.

My consultant has said he will support a second vbac if I have the baby before 41 weeks. After which they'll recommend an elective over an induction xx

You can also completely decline induction and go for monitoring until spontaneous labour occurs, be that at 42,43 or whenever weeks. Not all babies grow to the same time table and monitoring can help establish if your baby needs to be born sooner or not.

I will be making it quite clear to the consultant at my 20 week appointment that she will not be giving me a c-section at some pre-determined date for no reason other than I passed the average "over due" date. If she won't support this I'll discharge myself from her care.

I often wonder what would have happened if I'd refused induction with my dd. I was induced at 14 days over and I'd done nct classes so I knew I could refuse and opt for monitoring, but by this stage I was just so desperate to meet my baby. It turned out she was in the wrong position and never moved so hence I had never gone into labour. After induction I got to 7 cm but was still a -3 position wise as she never dropped and I had an emcs. I wonder if they'd left me if she would have moved or if nature was allowed to take its course what would have happened.

I know I could go against the Consultant's recommendations but I don't think I would. I don't want another section but if that seems to be the safest option I will go with it.

I'm hoping I have a third 39 weeker so it becomes an irrelevant discussion lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->