• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3 BFPs all false positives!!!

BastiBee

ttc #1
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m new here, but not new to your site. The threads have always given me a lot of help and support. But I decided to post to finally bust this myth about “impossible” false positives.(I also posted this in the PCOS thread because it is a real story)

Here’s my story: I was on BCP for over 10 years and now have been TTC for about 6 months. My cycles are pretty regular (28-30 days) and I have regular periods. I’ve also been using OPKs. Now, prepare yourself for this!

23 April CD 1
5 May CD 12 +OPK
21-22 May – very short period
31 May (?CD10) brown discharge begins, BFP (very clear, not faint)
1 June brown discharge, BFP
2 June (today) brown discharge, BFP

So I went to the OB/GYN this morning. She found a 14mm cyst with the vaginal ultrasound, and diagnosed me with PCOS. There was absolutely nothing in my uterus. Also, she took blood to determine the exact cause (will find out Friday).

I am truly devastated. I always read how people insist a “positive is a positive”. Bull!!! I am an example of 3 BFPs on 3 different tests, and have nothing, no miscarriage, no chemical pregnancy, nothing. :nope:

I read on other internet forums: "a cyst doesn't cause a BFP in an HPT, impossible!". Well, then how can this be explained? :wacko:

Hi everyone! I’m new here, but not new to your site. The threads have always given me a lot of help and support. But I decided to post to finally bust this myth about “impossible” false positives.(I also posted this in the PCOS thread because it is a real story)

Here’s my story: I was on BCP for over 10 years and now have been TTC for about 6 months. My cycles are pretty regular (28-30 days) and I have regular periods. I’ve also been using OPKs. Now, prepare yourself for this!

23 April CD 1
5 May CD 12 +OPK
21-22 May – very short period
31 May (?CD10) brown discharge begins, BFP (very clear, not faint)
1 June brown discharge, BFP
2 June (today) brown discharge, BFP

So I went to the OB/GYN this morning. She found a 14mm cyst with the vaginal ultrasound, and diagnosed me with PCOS. There was absolutely nothing in my uterus. Also, she took blood to determine the exact cause (will find out Friday).

I am truly devastated. I always read how people insist a “positive is a positive”. Bull!!! I am an example of 3 BFPs on 3 different tests, and have nothing, no miscarriage, no chemical pregnancy, nothing. :nope:

I read on other internet forums: "a cyst doesn't cause a BFP in an HPT, impossible!". Well, then how can this be explained? :wacko:

Oh really sorry.... What tests did you use? I guess you'll know more on Friday maybe?.....
Sorry can't be more help :hugs:

sorry hun...maybe it is still to early to see the baby with even an internal u/s?? or it could have been a chemical I have had a chemical and i didnt bleed one drop but it was confirmed with blood tests so i guess you will know more friday

Hugs. I bet you are really hurting right now. :0(

Thanks to all of you, I will keep you updated on this once I now.
I think it's important to know in case something like this happens - which I hope won't!

Thanks again! :hugs:

I also think it could have been a chemical as nothing would show up on an u/s. I don't think your hcg would be raised by anything other than increased pg hormones which is why I think it could have been a chemical.

I agree with your rant about all the people who say "a line is a line" and all that rubbish as it's just not true. I had a chemical and got my hopes up when people told me I had to be pg as I had a positive test. What rubbish!!

:hugs:

I had an US with 1st DS but I was only 2wks preg and US was for my cysts and nothing was showing on US then. When I get BFP I asked my doctor why it wasn't spotted he just said sometimes they are not visible properly until later on. Not trying to get your hopes up but i'm aware this can happen good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->