3 DPO anyone?! **12 BFPs so far & 2 lil angels

Thanks Lenka! I will definitely let you know if I have questions. I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, so for now, I'm cool with the digital clear blue. Yeah, it's the smiley face with the flashing or solid. I hope it works! I had a gift card from Target as a bridal shower gift, so I used all $50 bucks. I bought two sets of OPKs (the clear blue and first response) and two sets of Airwick fresheners, and I was out of money. I hate gift cards because I always end up spending my own money. That is a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway…I heart those air fresheners. hee hee. I'm going to try to stop drinking this month and see if that has any affect. I usually only drink a glass of wine every other day or so, but once I finish this bottle, I'm going to take it easy. Hubs said he would cut back too. I think he was joking, but we'll see. If I don't mention it, perhaps he really will. It's the weekend, and we only have wine in the house, so that's a good thing. His college football team isn't playing, so no drinking if there are no sports on. I'll drink with my bestie on Thanksgiving, but maybe she'll only have white wine and I can nurse it. My weakness is Merlot (especially when it's cold).

Hope you were bored and had time to read my novella. HA!! Enjoy the rest of your day, babe.

Hello everyone...it's great to see a few newbies and welcome.
Terri, good luck on using the opks, I use them when I'm TTC too. The clinic advises that I use the CB line test and only test once a day at 2pm. So when it's positive, I go to the clinic the next morning for insemination.
Lenka, thanks for asking about me, how's furnishing the new place going? I can't wait till you get your BFP, hopefully this is the month!
Steph-how's your hormones treating you? I loved "punching the cereal box", too funny. Its great to see your at 9 weeks already.
Lfrans-wahoo! A little boy! That's fantastic news! So happy for you. And I love the crib, it's gorgeous. Any news on the house?
Afm-things are good...except winter has fully arrived. There's over 30cms of the white stuff and -20C is a normal right now, Yuck! Not my favorite time of year but it lasts like 6-7 months up here in northern AB, so I best get over it.
We had our appt to get our test results the other day and all looks fine, still waiting for 2 results to come in but the plan is to start taking 81mg of aspirin a day, and try again in January and take progesterone after the insemination. I'm happy that they haven't found anything wrong. I'm anxious to get the last 2 results though. Anyway, gotta run for now, I'll check in again later. Have a good day!

Tynmeg--Glad to hear from you! -20 regularly?? I sob when it gets down to -10. And that's at night.
How come you're taking aspirin? Do you have a blood clotting disorder? I'm worried about that myself. My dad is getting tested for a genetic marker for it next week...and I fear that if it comes back positive, that it will be too late for baby. I had some issues with bc because of blood clotting it never occurred to me to think why.

Lenka--You're still in the tww right?? How are things going?? Any symptoms? Oh I hope hope hope this is your month!!:hugs::hugs:

Lfrans--lol about hitting your husband with the toast. It's a little comforting that you felt miserable too and now you're so much better. Sometimes I forget that I used to have energy and do the things I love without getting too sick! Also--house status? Did you have the inspection??

Terri--does alcohol affect a woman's fertility? I hear it can make some wonky spermies :haha: Good luck with this change! Feel ya on the not wanting to spend too much...

ATM this aren't too bad. I had energy today! So I got stuff done that was hanging over my head. I went to have a snack before going on a run...but before I left, I threw it all up. As I was leaning over the toilet, I was mad: "WHAT A WASTE OF FOOD AND NUTRIENTS" We're not made of money, stomach...stop being so unwise! :haha: OH!! We had our u/s on Friday. They usually don't do ultrasounds til 18 weeks at my hospital but since I have had 2 mc before, I got an early one at just shy of 9 weeks. It was alive and heart beating! :cloud9: Did not expect to see a little baby on the screen.

How's THAT for a novella, Terri? :D

Tynmeg, hopefully your last 2 results are good!!! FX for you! And yay for starting ttc process again in January. It is only one month away! Yay!

Steph, boo for throwing up your snack... Just hang in there! "Alive and heart beating".... Such wonderful words... So happy for you!!!

I am 7dpo today. No symptoms at all. No lying. Some minor cramps from time to time. That is it. Will see... I will be over the moon if I finally get my BFP. First ever...

steph: isnt the heart beating amazing!!! We still call ours blinky from our first ultrasound when we saw the heart beating. Dont worry about throwing up food, you will get passed it.

tynmeg, 1 more month til ttc woohoo!

lenka - at 7dpo, i dont think it is abnormal not to have any symptoms. So no worries :)

terri - will a glass of wine really affect ttc? I thought more like excessive drinking?

AFM - baby seems to be getting bigger and kicking more. We went for the inspection, and overall it was good. Some minor issues, (still $$) but structurally the house is solid. The inspector told us it was typical things for a house built in 1960 that we would have to deal with (ie- many of the plugs are not grounded, the ampage to the house is only 100; we need to increase the insulation in the attic). It will cost us to fix these things, but he basically said that most houses will have similar issues. We are getting the drain from the house to the street checked today or tomorrow, and assuming all is well, we should be signingdecember 18.
Its exciting, but annoying, with xmas the following week, we prob wont be able to get workers into the house until january 6ish, pushing further our move in date. The house's decor is quite dated, we will do some budget fixes to the kitchen (paint the cabinets, change the flooring, change the door handles). the bathrooms are old pink and blue.... I am not sure what to do, but actually thinking of embracing vintage and getting vintage style shower curtain and putting up a 1960-1970 poster (I have an old moulin rouge one from my mom)

Boooo....I thought i posted a response to you Steph, but I guess I forgot to submit it. More later.

I found my earlier response on my home computer, and when I hit submit, it said my login time had expired. Not sure if wine affects a woman's fertility, but if hubs wants to cut back, I don't mind doing the same. Thanksgiving doesn't count. :) hee hee.

Steph-that is so exciting on hearing the heartbeat. I'm so happy for you.

Lfrans-All houses need work, so just do what you can and eventually you'll get it to where it needs to be. I like the vintage idea. You can make it work!! I bought my house in the wintertime, and it's just so cold, but you can do indoor stuff anytime.

Tynmeg-January isn't too far away. I'm keeping you in my thoughts, babe.

Lenka-what's new? Nothing to report here. I'll start using my new OPKs on Friday. I love doing/trying new things. I'm easily excited. hee hee.

Ladies, I am 9dpo and I am just a nervous rack right now. These 4 days up to AF are the harshest for me. Temp is still the same!!! 98.4. No unusual symptoms though. Feeling very normal. I am not sure when I am going to test.

How are you all?

Yay Lenka! I know you're getting close now. Maybe tomorrow your temperature will jump up a bit and then you'll feel a little better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm in the two week baby making time. HA!!HA!!

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving, and it's all just a waiting game for you now. fx fx fx.

Temp hasn't dropped so that's good!! I tested with frer at 11dpo and was super disheartened with a bfn. But, I tested the next morning and it was positive! Sooo who knows...didn't Kesh get a bfp at 7dpo? Funny how we're all different! Fingers so very crossed for you!!!

Thank you, ladies!!! I will keep you posted. If my temp is up by at least 0.2 tomorrow morning, I will test. If not, I do not want to spoil my Thanksgiving mood, so no test for me. I love this holiday, even though I am not the best turkey cook.
Hugs to all.

Happy Thanksgiving USA ladies!!! Have a wonderful day!

AFM, BFN... Craving some good red wine... :)

Lenka-Just relax babe. No red wine cravings!

I do have a quick question about that CB opk. If I get the flashy smiling face that counts as a +, right? I did my first one today (CD8) and it was a negative. That, I do know. I'm just not sure if I'm supposed to put positive for flashing smiley and then positive for solid smiley as well.

Have a great Friday!

Hi Terri. No, flashing smiley face simply means that your estrogen level is rising, which is the first step in ovulation process, so yay for that! :happydance: I always put a negative sign for a flashing smiley, so I would know how many days I had it. Sometimes I had it for 3 days, one cycle for 7!!! Almost went crazy waiting for a solid smile. Once you get a solid smiley face, it means a LP surge and you should ovulate in the next 12-48 hours. This is when you should BD as rabbits. :winkwink:

How was you Thanksgiving ladies? Mine was so unusual, to say the least. I was so irritable. We were fighting non-stop because of me. Went to a car show, (he is a car fanatic), on a Thanksgiving day!!! :wacko: Then since all restaurants in the area were booked, we had to go to a Korean one. It was a very nice restaurant, but having Korean food for an American Thanksgiving... Umm...But I had my glass of red wine and a lemon drop. :blush: I slept for 12 hours last night. And my temp is still 98.6.... But boobs are not sore anymore... Since my temp usually drops very slowly, I am not getting my hopes up and going to test tomorrow morning if temp does not drop.

:flower: Enjoy your Friday, ladies

terri - i have no idea what the smily faces mean, but GL!!!

lenka - sorry your day wasnt perfect. I hope you enjoyed your wine, and I hope its the last one for a while!! :)

steph - hows it going? Hope all is well

AFM - things are good, house is driving us nuts. The lady from the bank for the mortgage is a procrastinator (which we learned the hard way). we are stressing that we wont get the proper approval on time. Its so silly, we definately have the funds to buy the house but if she doesnt send us a letter, we may lose it. grr.

baby is kicking away though. so thats always exciting!

Lfrans-I think all mortgage people are flakes. I just got a HELOC, and the lady wrote that she had my paperwork and then said she lost it. Luckily I saved all of my stuff, and emailed her the original email, and said check again. You acknowledged receipt on this day. You'll be ok. I think they do it just to make everyone nervous. Great that the baby is still kicking. You must be getting so excited. Are you showing yet? Have people stopped you to touch your belly? I always think that's weird.

Lenka-Thanks for the tips. I will erase my negative. hee hee. nerd alert-I was so excited to use my new toy this morning. Sorry your Thanksgiving was a bust, but at least you got your wine and lemon drop. Yum! I had wine yesterday as well. Of course my bestie got the white wine that I like, so I enjoyed it. Now, hubs and I are back on our drinking hiatus. We have so much leftover food. I'm excited for dinner.

Talk soon, ladies!

Yep, Steph... I am trying my best to hold my tears. I am so bumped... Even though temp is till the same, 98.4, I do not have much hope anymore. I usually spot a day before AF...

Don't cry. If your temps are still up, you still have a chance. At the least, you can cry tomorrow, but don't do it today. You did make an appt. for a FS, right? Think positively. My fingers are still crossed for you. It'll be ok. *hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->