3 failed IUIs. How do you cope?

Hi! How is everyone, old and new friends...?
My son is now a super active 8 month old boy, love him to bits! Life is not easy as a working mother though.
I am starting my second round of ivf now, on day 5 stim today, got a mild fever (we have been under the weather the past month, as my son goes to daycare he falls sick easily and passes to me). I plan to do freeze if I can get a decent amount of embies, as I have a high risk of OHSS (as per data showed last round).

Been a very long time since I posted here but this thread got me through some of the lowest points in my life

I am happy to report I now have two kids under two. Never thought it possible

Believe in miracles and never, ever give up hope!!!!!

Sunshine that is amazing!
My IVF baby is now 2.5 YEARS old and my surprise miracle second baby is 8 months! Time is flying but I love having my two boys. Having two under two isn't easy, but boy do I ever feel blessed.

Sunshine PM me if you ever want to chat about having two babies at home!

Hi girls!! I'm right there with you. Surprise bfp just 6 months after DS was born. After just 1 AF!!!

wow summer that is amazing! Congrats! I do hope if I am carrying one right now that this happens to me. Me and DH would love to have two kids!

Sashimi - thankfully this thread helped me through some tough times also. Its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when all you see is darkness. I am by no means holding my lil on in my arms yet but I know I will get there soon, hopefully in July! LOL

TTCbaby, congratulations on your bfp! FX that everything goes well at your first ultrasound!

AFM, I also got a surprise BFP! I was shocked because I just assumed we'd have to do an FET, but I'm due with #2 at the beginning of May and we find out this afternoon if it's a boy or a girl :)

StayHopeful that is amazing!!! I keep hearing of IVF couples getting pregnant naturally the second time. Would love to hear what your gender scan reveals!

TTC I'm headed to your journal now to see how your scan went!

Sashimi, it definitely seems like I hear about it too. I just didn't think we'd be one of those couples!

It looks like we're having another boy! I'm excited, but surprised. I could have sworn this one was a girl.

Stay I was certain my second surprise baby was going to be a girl, too and was shocked when I found out that he was going to be a boy. He just felt like a girl and I don't know why... Anyway, I LOVE having two boys. My baby will be 9 months soon and he and my older guy have such a strong friendship and bond. It's adorable!

Congrats Stay!! How old will your first baby be when the second is born?

My older son will be 2 years and 2 months when the new baby is due, so it should be a great age range. I'm really excited that they'll be able to grow up together and have each other as playmates.

You guys!!! Come on now! So excited for you!!! I can't believe all the surprise pregnancies...that is just amazing. Congratulations Stayhopeful!! And you too Sunshine and Summer!!

We did a FET in Oct. of just 1 embryo and I'm about 13 weeks pregnant now as well! Due around June 27. :)

This is insane!! So many second babies!!! Congrats Mav! That is really really great! What a difference time makes. When I look back at the earlier posts on this thread, who would have ever believed there would be a discussion about second babies, let alone surprise second babies!!! I remember exactly where I was when I first posted this thread and how I was feeling. It didn't seem possible that anything was ever going to happen, I felt so defeated. Now I'm sitting here with my almost 9 month old second son sleeping on me.
I'm so happy for everyone on this board!!

Congrats Mav, that's amazing! I can't believe how many of us are expecting our 2nd or already have them here. You ladies got me through a very rough time when I was getting ready to do IVF and I will always be grateful!

Merry Xmas and so happy for everyone!

We did a new round of ivf in August and transferred 2. Now almost 18 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins. Due in June but definitely will be out earlier!

Still not in the safe zone yet as this is considered as high risk pregnancy. But I d like to share this with you guys, also our common memory in the past 2-3 years :)

Happy 2016!

Hi everyone! This morning I went to the library with my sons. The older one (our IVF baby) picked out a book called Wish by Matthew Cordell. Without looking at it, I checked it out and we read it when we got home. It is a very simple yet symbolic children's book about a couple of elephants planning for a baby and then things not going as planned and the baby not coming right away. I wasn't prepared and did not expect it to be a book about infertility for children and I just broke down crying. It shows the elephant couple waiting and waiting and this big stormy ocean coming in. Nothing goes as planned and they have to wait and wait under this giant storm. My poor son didn't know what was wrong with me and then HE started crying! Anyway at the end the clouds disappear and the sea parts and their baby elephant comes to them.
I knew the ladies in here could relate to this book and I highly recommend picking it up if you see it one day. It's relevant to anyone who went through infertility, miscarriage or who is still waiting for their miracle baby.

https://infertilegirlinafertileworld.wordpress.com/tag/wish-by-matthew-cordell/

Hi ladies!! I just randomly signed in and wanted to see how you all were getting along! It's been about a year since some of us updated... I gave birth to a boy on June 20. He was 8lbs, 8oz and at almost 6 mos. old now he's 21 pounds. No idea where he gets it, our daughter is extremely tiny (just 24 lbs at 2 and a 1/2) so we all just have to laugh! We're still in the midst of lots of sleep troubles so it's been rough going, but he's such a good and happy baby, always laughing and smiling. Our daughter is going to be 3 in April and she's hilariously entertaining and very sweet with her little brother.

I would love to hear how you're all doing if you get time, I know how hard it is to find time for this kind of thing nowadays. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->