3 failed IUIs. How do you cope?

Hopeful - I am almost in the same boat. On cycle # 3 of medicated and monitored IUI (finished clomid, ultrasound tomorrow).

We are unexplained too....I am 29, DH turns 29 this summer. All tests negative thus far and I respond well to clomid. Very frustrating.

We have an appt this week with our doctor to talk about the next step....IVF. Scared because I don't want that to fail, and can't imagine how I would feel if that happened. But hopeful that maybe it will work and we will be blessed with a baby.

We are out of pocket, so that makes the decision making that much harder. We can afford more than one fresh + frozen, or maybe 2 fresh.

I do hope that it will give us answers, and maybe we can cope better and move down another path.

Any totally unexplaineds out there and did IVF? Did you do short or long protocol?

Of course I will be asking my doctor all this.....

But again, I hope for a lot of healthy eggs (so maybe we can freeze some), but I don't want to be held off a month because of OHSS since that will surely cost us more time and money. But I don't want to be understim'ed and not have enough eggs!

I feel like Goldlocks and three bears, my porridge is never right!! Hahaha

MrsL, I have unexplained infertility and did IVF. I have PCOS and wasn't ovulating regularly, but I was considered unexplained because the Clomid, Femara, etc. was making me ovulate and I still wasn't getting a BFP. I overstimulated on Clomid and didn't respond well to Femara. IVF was out of pocket for us as well, so we had to save for several months, but it worked on the first try for us and we have several frozen embryos when we're ready for #2. My clinic only offered one protocol, so I don't really know about long vs. short. I did a few weeks of BCP, then 10ish days of stims.

Hopeful - that is awesome! Thank you for sharing!
I had my ultrasound today on 50 mg clomid....results were mixed

First round I was on 100 mg clomid and had a bunch of mid range follicles.
Second round I was on 50 mg clomid and had two mature follicles.
Third round (today) on 50 mg clomid....a bunch of mid range follicles.

Last IUI planned for Saturday. Fingers crossed!

Well DH had good count, 100 million!

They always have a tough time with my IUIs....apparently my cervix takes a sharp turn and the catheters are so flexible....so with ultrasound guidance, and lots of pressing, and eventually using a wire catheter, it went in!!! Thank the lord!! It is uncomfortable at times but nothing too terrible....honestly I was just glad they got it in!

Hi. I'm currently preg. My first IUI I got preg with my daughter who is 15 months now. My #2-#5 IUI failed for absolutely no apparent reason. Everything looked great all four time, but it just didnt work. Between #3 and #4, I had a lap procedure even though my RE didnt really see hardly any scarring or cysts. No blockages were present either. I had already decided that if #5 wasn't successful, I would be moving on to IVF. In my opinion, there's truly no point in wasting time with IUIs if they're not working. Of course everyone must make the best decision for themselves. I wasnt willing to "try just one more time". Best of luck to everyone :thumbup:

You ladies popped into my head today after many months absence...I'm praying for and thinking of you all who are TTC. :flower:

Hey ladies! How are you??? I know...time is going by SOOOOOO fast! I am doing well Stayhopeful, thanks! I miss you guys sometimes, you were such a great support to me during those rough months!! We should form another group to discuss temper tantrums and such...haha! My daughter has started on those full force :D How is your son doing??

Sashimi, can't believe your older son is 2 already!! How is he doing? When is your next little guy due?? I originally thought he was already here, for some reason! :) We always debate when to take the leap to try and do a FET...I still don't feel quite ready, our daughter is such a handful! She's been walking since about 10-11 months and that is literally all she wants to do. We are planning to sell our house this month so we can move back to our hometown where both sets of grandparents live (about 3 hrs away). I am so excited to have a little help, and date nights again!! :)

Oh my second son IS already here! He's six weeks old already. It's going by fast and I am trying to enjoy every second that he's a newborn. I was so stressed the first time around. After all that LTTTC and everything we went through, there was so much focus on he pregnancy I think OH and I were shocked when a real baby came! I haven't changed my ticker yet, but we had our second boy on March 25.
I love having two children and feel so fortunate even during the tough days. My older son loves being a big brother!

Mav, my son is doing great! He started walking a few weeks ago, just got his first tooth, and constantly wants to say "ball" and play with anything that even remotely resembles a ball. He's such a happy baby :) We're definitely not ready for another one yet. We're thinking about doing an FET the summer of 2016.

Oh that's wonderful Sashimi! I'm so glad you are enjoying the newborn stage more this time around. I can totally relate to that...we were so stressed during the early days and so afraid of not doing everything "right" (as if there is one right way!)

StayHopeful it sounds like your LO is doing so well! It's a whole new ballgame when they start walking eh?! We are pretty much always chasing our daughter around. I sometimes miss being able to sit and relax but I wouldn't trade it for anything of course. :headspin:

We had always talked about trying a FET next Fall 2016, but by then I will be 34, and I think we want to try to have two more if possible (we have two frozen embryos) so now we're thinking this Fall for a FET. I'm nervous! I scheduled a consult w/ our RE for late June.

Hey all - sorry to be absent so long but I gave birth to Oliver Max on April 7th (5 weeks early) He stayed in the NICU for 8 days but otherwise all is well!

Oliver was an IVF baby after 4 failed IUIs. On the date of implantation, we were down to one embryo that wasn't fully developed - but he stuck and here he is!! So the gamble was definitely worth it for us.

Good luck to all!!

Attachments

• reclining.jpg
    reclining.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
Moni that's amazing! What a sweet little guy. I'm so happy you are both happy and healthy. All the best!

Good to see all the motivated ppl back to forum (sashimi,stay hopeful,maverick..).

Please i need your suggestion for this query. I have done 4 IUI all got failed. Iam in the category of "unexplained infertility". My body reacts well for the IUI. After all failed my doctor recommened IVF. As i started to save money for IVF. she was telling my AMH level is "1.9" my age is 32 about to complete.So the AMH is low i need to do genetic testing to be done which cost $7000 more totally i need to spend $25000. Iam not rich.but started to save money.

I need second opinion. I dont knw which doctor to consult. Could anyone please help good doctor in denver colorado-USA. Or any other place i can come and do my IVF. after reading all good and bad comments about doctors. Iam so confused now. Please help me for IVF treatment.

Hey all - sorry to be absent so long but I gave birth to Oliver Max on April 7th (5 weeks early) He stayed in the NICU for 8 days but otherwise all is well!

Oliver was an IVF baby after 4 failed IUIs. On the date of implantation, we were down to one embryo that wasn't fully developed - but he stuck and here he is!! So the gamble was definitely worth it for us.

Good luck to all!!

Congrats Moni

Good to see all the motivated ppl back to forum (sashimi,stay hopeful,maverick..).

Please i need your suggestion for this query. I have done 4 IUI all got failed. Iam in the category of "unexplained infertility". My body reacts well for the IUI. After all failed my doctor recommened IVF. As i started to save money for IVF. she was telling my AMH level is "1.9" my age is 32 about to complete.So the AMH is low i need to do genetic testing to be done which cost $7000 more totally i need to spend $25000. Iam not rich.but started to save money.

I need second opinion. I dont knw which doctor to consult. Could anyone please help good doctor in denver colorado-USA. Or any other place i can come and do my IVF. after reading all good and bad comments about doctors. Iam so confused now. Please help me for IVF treatment.

Calmgirl, have you tried searching on the SART website? https://www.sart.org/find_frm.html

This is a good place to start - they also have the success rates of the individual clinics you can look up. Good luck to you!! :flower: It's always good to get a second opinion if you're not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->