• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

3 Friends - The Journey Continued..

RedButterfly

3 DD's ♡1 DS
Reaction score
Well here we are ladies!

We've been through TTC together. Getting our BFP's together. First, second and third trimesters together. And now we have our 3 beautiful girls!

How time has flown!

I'm having a nightmare feeding I can't stop crying I don't know if I can carry on I have a breast feeding midwife coming tomorrow to see me just hope I can make it through the night without going tesco
I have an app on Tuesday for her tongue tie but that's 5 days away
I'm just feeling sorry for myself I guess hubby is back at work tomorrow so 1st day on my own

:hugs:

Have you thought about combi feeding until her tongue tie is sorted?

I don't know its just this last feed got me down I'm so sore and think hormones have finally kicked in can't stop crying

If you're that sore, why not give it a try? Will give your nipples a rest so it will give time for the cream (if you're using some) to work. I saw from your post in the breastfeeding section that Layla is cluster feeding during the night so maybe a bottle there?

Hubby didn't go into work today which I'm glad really well I made it through the night and waiting for the feeding midwife to come someone suggested nipple*shields as well will see what mw says and might go get formula and shields see what works

This is prob just me being emotional but I feel so alone. When I had Isobelle everyone was ringing and visiting we had do many cards presents flowers I didn't know where to start was too much looking back but this time hubby got me a charm for my bracelet which I love and my parents got a few bits like vests I have seen my parents a few times his parents 1ce and only 2 out of 4 of his siblings I have had no other visitors
A few girls from work have said to let them know when's good for me but that's about it just feels so strange compared to last time

found us...lol

arw sarah bless you, i no what u mean when i had courtney the visits didnt bloody stop for weeks... but out of all them people only 1 of my friends came i was sooo upset, coz i just wantin them all to she her, but on the behalf they wanted me to rest hahaha

as for BF ive just nicely stopped, and to be far its me why ive stopped not courtney she was goin every 3-4 hrs durinday and doin a 6 hr on a night cudnt ask for any better.... but i was sick a tired of gettin up durin the night an changein beddin an my clothes 4 times a night, i sed to OH thats it ive had enough, she is now on aptimal and still feeds the same pattern so if u realy carnt do it anymore then dont huni, u need to be happy and not dreadin the next feed... but im glad i tryed it an did it for longer then i thought i wud of done :) xxx

I don't have visitors and that's the way I like it!

How did the MW go?

She suggested a shield for a few days said I was doing great and she's getting plenty of milk
Had a few pointers about latch so going to keep working in it in case Tuesday doesn't make any difference

Yeah but she won't take it typical
I tried 3 times last feed will keep trying though

How are you getting on with the shields Sarah?

Don't you just love it when you have your baby on your chest and they spew all over your top and down your boobs?!

Shields are in the bin finally got her to take from it and the end filled with blood so that's it

Its on par with the pooing all over you as you lift them out the bath

Are you continuing with breastfeeding?

Oh, I haven't had that one yet!

I did with Elissa though. Had just put her in the bath and she pooped so had to take her out and refill the bath!

Going to try to carry on each day at a time I think I'm healing as its not as bad and she's getting better with the latch and learning to really open her mouth
If I can't feed will prob express
Got a lot if guilt since I fed Isobelle till almost 1yr and can't with Layla

Hope things are going ok with you two.

Do we have a birth story Sarah?

I was just sitting to write it but Layla has other ideas lol
Will start it if I get called away will save then add onto it when I can
So I woke Friday 3am with a bit of back ache didn't think much of it as it was fairly normal at this point.
When I woke at 8 was getting definite crampy pain every 10 mins so wrote out the party invites for dd to take to pre school dropped her and the invites off then home for a bounce on the ball
Pains still coming 8-10 mins but quite sore asked dad to pick dd from pre school then got in the bath at 11 rang hubby at 11:40 when he got home he was timing and they were 3/4 mins apart so at 2:30 we arrived in hospital
She examined me 1-2cm nearly cried she said I would stay or go home we decided to stay and see what I was like in 2 hrs so she gave me the room with the pool attached as I wanted a water birth happy with the plan I got back in the bath.
4:30 3/4 cm progress so I stayed in the bath and walked round the room.
6:30 mw walked in and said I could have gas and air before examining me when she did I was 4/5cm yay asked for the pool she went to check it was still free as soon as she left I was starting to push but trying to stop myself as was only 4/5cm she came back in was gone 5mins max waters broke on the floor hot on the bed was fully dilated started pushing 3 pushes Layla Esmé entered the world 19:08 8lb 4oz.
I had skin to skin straight away cord stopped pulsing before it was cut placenta delivered 10mins later with little effort from me well I didn't notice anyway.
Had 2 inside stitches as it didnt completely stop oozing and a labia graze which hurt like hell.

Had Layla weighed today 8lb 5oz so I'm made up managed to gain an oz with all the feeding problems

Coolies. Last few cms rather quick!

Glad she's putting weight on.

I know I was so disheartened when I went in to be 1-2cm thought it was going to be like when I had Isobelle days of not progressing.
Still In shock really how well it went and easy It was

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"