3 meals

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
by what age where ur kiddies on 3 meals a day? my son is coming up to 7 months n has taken well to solids n is now taking stage 2 jars really, hes already gone alot down on milk so i just wanted to know at what age u started on 3 meals a day?

x :hug:

If he's dropped alot on his milk I probably wouldnt introduce another meal yet because he could drop even more and he reallyneeds that to be his main source of nutrition during the first year...I'd give it another month or longer and then maybe try. But Landon and Casen were on 3 meals at about 9mo, Hayden didn't until about hmm 13-14mo

Dropping milk is fine for a baby that is over 6 months. At 6 months babies need more solids to give them enough energy for all the moving around they do etc. I think the min amount is 16-24 oz after 6 months, at 9 months they can start having cows milk integrated and by 12 months formula/bm isnt as necessary. Although there is nothing wrond with continuing to bf or ff after 12 months.

Everyone is free to feed as they choose, alot of 6 month babies already have 3 meals plus snacks.

My HV told me Joseph isn't gaining enough weight (he has dropped from the 75th line to the 50th) so she has told me to up his solids. He is now on 3 meals a day plus 6 bottles, usually he has between 5-7oz each time. He's a little piggy lol. Might be worth talking to your HV for advice. Does he seem satisfied with what he is having or do you think he could do with more?

max was having 3 meals by 6 months but he also got weaned at 3 months so its normal for him to want more food ..

as for his milk he dropped too but went back up on his own ..he still has 24 oz or more a day plus loads of food ..dont worry about dropping milk you can always add some in his food if your worried ..like in his cereal and stuff

Jack now has 3 meals a day aswell as 3 bottles.

Hannah was on 3 meals and 2 snacks a day by 5.5 months. Honestly she's never been a big milk drinker and much prefers her solids

I introduced a 3rd meal to Lola little before 6 months and now she also has a snack... Like Vikie's Hannah she never really enjoyed milk and her intake was rather low.

My HV told me Joseph isn't gaining enough weight (he has dropped from the 75th line to the 50th) so she has told me to up his solids. He is now on 3 meals a day plus 6 bottles, usually he has between 5-7oz each time. He's a little piggy lol. Might be worth talking to your HV for advice. Does he seem satisfied with what he is having or do you think he could do with more?

im not sure about his weight really looking at him as one day i think yeah hes lost some n other days i think no he hasnt , (im useless) but i dont think hes getting enuf, as the most he takes in a day is 15-16oz normal days its 14oz and bad days like yesterday he had a little amount of 8oz, he went to bed without a bottle. i tried to give it him but nope n he didnt wake til 6.30. as for solids he has 3 spoons of baby ceral made with water and then dinner hel half half a jar to a full jar of stage 2. im thinking this isnt enuf but i have tried n if i do get him to eat more wen he doesnt reli seem keen on it hes sick shortly after . oh n sometimes he will have a snak like a rusk or berry bear but most of it just ends up being a pile of sog on his highchair lol tho he does enjoy em till they end like that. xx

im not sure about his weight really looking at him as one day i think yeah hes lost some n other days i think no he hasnt , (im useless) but i dont think hes getting enuf, as the most he takes in a day is 15-16oz normal days its 14oz and bad days like yesterday he had a little amount of 8oz, he went to bed without a bottle. i tried to give it him but nope n he didnt wake til 6.30. as for solids he has 3 spoons of baby ceral made with water and then dinner hel half half a jar to a full jar of stage 2. im thinking this isnt enuf but i have tried n if i do get him to eat more wen he doesnt reli seem keen on it hes sick shortly after . oh n sometimes he will have a snak like a rusk or berry bear but most of it just ends up being a pile of sog on his highchair lol tho he does enjoy em till they end like that. xx

To be honest hun it's what you think but if he doesn't seem to want more I think I would leave it for a while. At the mo Joseph has baby porridge for breakfast (a baby bowl of), 1/2 a stage 1 jar and a yogurt for lunch and then a whole jar of stage 1 and then a pudding for dinner, plus he is still having a lot of milk including a dream feed. It doesn't sound like he is taking a lot of milk but I always thought babies take as much as they need if that makes sense? Is he sleeping the same? When Joseph wants more he starts waking in the night xx

Kathryn on 3 meals a day on advice of HV at month visit. She's not a great milk drinker either so i make sure she doesn't have too much solids at tea time 5pm then she'll still have a decent milk feed before bed.

Ellie is on 3 meals a day she still has breastfeeds in the day and snacks shes got a good appetite lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->