3 miscarriages and pregnant again

nickynoonoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I had 3 MC's last year between June and November, last one being a MMC @ 9weeks and twins:cry:

I am pregenat again, I reckon 4wks +3, not too sure but there abouts.

So I am awreck! I know people say be positive, and I have tried when I've felt rough in a morning, but today I don't feel much at all, so am a wreck again! I know its early, but after those losses I feel the odds are stacked against me now.

BTW, RMC have run all the tests, we're fine and very fertile apparantly - not much comfort though when they don't stick????:nope:

Anyone in the same boat? xx:hugs:

Just wanted to wish you luck and hoping that it all goes well for you.

Alex

hi there, im in a similar situation....i have had 5 miscarriages in a row, all early before 7 weeks. i had all the tests done but nothing came back as definate cause for my losses, might have sticky blood but they dont think this is a correct result as the test gives false positives and false negatives..... however, i did have 2 more losses than you I never gave up hope and here I am, 13 weeks pregnant :)
it can happen after multiple losses, and it does, it just takes the enjoyment out of pregnancy and instead your feelings are replaced with worry which i am sure you know all too well.
i think for me it was very bad luck, poor sperm . egg, bad implantation.......
are you doing anything different this time? also i never had any sickness until 6 weeks, since then i've been throwing up about 3 times a day, enjoy the sick free days :)
xxxx

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. I am very sorry for your losses, Laura I don't know how you have got to 13weeks without going mad :hugs:

Laura I am not doing anything differently; I took baby aspirin last time as suggested by the clinic, but as it didn't work and I don't have sticky blood I just don't see the point. Sometimes my boobs feel heavy and full, the soreness and aching seems to have stopped. And the I felt really rough most of Saturaday, esp nin the morn, but that has stopped too! :dohh:

I did a test this morn again, been following the every 48hrs rule, and got a nice dark line :thumbup:

So its just sitting tight I guess.

Hi Nickynoo,

Congrats on your BFP! Though know it is hard not to worry.

I am nearly 12 weeks pregnant after four early miscarriages (one a MMC) in the last year, after a great pregnancy with my daughter who is nearly 2. In my case the issue may (or may not) be dicky ovaries or problems with implantation and I am taking progesterone pessaries and heparin injections.

Your local EPU may offer you early scans because of your history - I have had scans at 6, 8 and 10 weeks and it has really helped in terms of managing the anxiety. Though am still v.worried about the 12-week scan this Thursday of course. Some ladies whose local NHS don't offer this service have paid for private scans - others prefer just to wait and see, it is a very personal thing.

I am also having counselling, which is helping me in managing some of the difficult stuff.

I haven't had many symptoms this time, not much morning sickness at all, which is both a blessing and an anxiety!

Best wishes for an uneventful pregnancy! There are lots of lovely ladies on here, as am sure you already know.

Thank you Smiler:hugs:

I am under B'ham Women's Hosp for Recurrent M/C's, all my tests were negative, as were OH's. They said they will give me early scans but I am too scared to call them yet, will wait til I get near the 6 week mark I think. I am terrified of seeing empty sacs again and going through all that devastation. I soooooooooo hope I am like you this time and get a sticky bean, many many congratulations :hugs:

I took asprin last time 'just in case' but it didn't help, so I'm not bothering. Just Pregnacare + omega 3 xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks very much. Still worrying, but hopeful.

Fingers crossed for you. That's good about the early scans - yes, my unit said not to go in for the first scan until between 6 and 7 weeks, as by then there should be a heartbeat, otherwise it can be stressful to see just a sac or sac and fetal pole and have to go back, and wait between times not knowing. Until then I did the clearblue digitals to see whether it went up to 2-3, 3+ etc., which was nerve-wracking -not to mention expensive - but helped a bit. Think the first few weeks after the BFP are really hard.

Take care of yourself, hoping for good news in due course.

I forced myself to not think I was pregnant, I sort of tried to ignore my pregnancy until my first scan at 7 weeks, I then felt better as I saw a heartbeat - and the chances of a succesfull pregnancy are dramatically increased when a heartbeat arrives! It was so hard to try and ignore the thought of being pregnant but after previous miscarriages I didn't want to get my hopes up. Anyway, my little baby was just fine and I had a healthy baby girl!
Best of luck, I have a good feeling for you.

xx

i had 3 mc before this pregnancy and being 42 i was running out of time and yes its hell wondering if it will happen again all i can say is take it day by day and i wish you all the luck in the world that bubs stays put xxxx

Thanks Smiler, Lottie and Carrieanne :hugs: Really good of you to reply, especially with lovely news of positive outcomes - you kind of think after 3, how can this one possibly work??? don't you?? I felt sick this afternoon and was jubillant, lol!!

If everyting is still ok in 2 weeks I will call the hospital and let them book me for a scan.

Lottie I'm terribly scared of doing the digital weeks one, in case it shows something wrong. Last time I did one it said 1-2 weeks and i lost that day.

Thank you again, I hope you all continue to be free from the RMC curse xxxx

Right I shook like a leaf and did the digi - 2-3 weeks bang on! I cried with joy for all of 3 minutes til the panic kicked in again, doh!!!! x

Hon, I lost three in the four years it took us to get pregnant with this one. It is devestating and I just wanted the first trimester over. That fear will likely stay with you until you are past the "safe" point. I remember feeling better once I had my u/s and also passed the point of all my previous m/c's. Big :hugs: to you

Thank you Jasmak, and congratulations xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have had a particularly black day today, probably due to it being symptom free!!

Thank you Jasmak, and congratulations xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have had a particularly black day today, probably due to it being symptom free!!

I was up and down like a freaking rollercoaster...I gotta say...mostly down too. One thing that I did do was only let myself worry in one place (I chose the bathroom as I always knew I would there anyways). That was it. Once I was out of the bathroom, I wasn't allowed to worry. I knew it was going to drive me insane!

Thanks Jasmak

I really do need to perk up, but I really have lost all my symptoms. I can pinch my nipples now and there is no pain or soreness!! I plucked up the courage today to call the hospital and booked my scan for 2weeks time, when I will be 7 weeks, if I get that far :wacko:

This is soooooooooooooo hard :shrug:

Hi me again, 5 weeks and got into utter panic with no symptoms yesterday. Today have very sore breasts, been nauseous with heartburn most of the the day and had horrible taste in my mouth all morning! Together with weeing tooooooo much and waking with horrid dry mouth.

Good day for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:thumbup:

Yay, so glad to hear of your symptoms. As annoying as symptoms are...they are definitely mind-easing. Hears hoping to lots and lots of preggy symptoms! :hugs:

That's good news.

It comes to something when you welcome morning sickness, doesn't it?????

I remember posting on the June babies thread that I couldn't wait for my MS to kick in and there were posts back saying not to wish it here because it's awful. Well I already knew how awful MS can be, had it really bad with my first but I still couldn't wait for it. It came with a vengeance and lasted until about 16 weeks (still get it now on and off) and am I bothered... not in the least.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"