3 month old feeding question

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
This time around everything is so different! With my son he would bf every 2/3 hours. This lil bubs since the beginning has wanted to have a feed every hour sometimes even less! She gets off the boob herself and i offer again she won't have it instead just cooing away so i leave it. Then she starts fussing and crying less than an hour later for more. I know she comfort sucks aswell and i dont want to give a dummy but let her comfort suck for a little bit then i unlatch her. Should she be feeding this much? At nights she was going anywhere between 6-10 hours so was really good just the last few days has woken every 4/5 hours (growth spurt maybe?)

But yeah is it a problem that she wants a feed so frequently during the day? Only time she will last longer than an hour is if we are out in her carseat and she is asleep.

My DD is like that too! She was feeding for 25+ minutes then I'd put her down and she was always ready to eat again! I think it's normal I talked to a lactation consultant at her doctors. They were amazed she ate so much but she sleeps through the night so they're not concerned and she's steadily gaining weight. My LO won't last in her car seat lol I wish she would! She has an internal timer lol

My 4 month old grazes all day long. Between 2 and 5 mins feeds. My breasts are soft and don't full up at all through the day because of her grazing. They do however full up around 9pm when she has been in bed for a couple of hours and like clockwork she will wake up and scream with hunger. She gets so angry because it's such an unexpected feeling for her- that is the only ever time she feels what hungry actually feels like. She will then go on to grazing through the night as soon as welcome to bed around 10...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->