3 month old with reflux fussy feeder since birth :-(

marina294

Mum to 2 DD's
Reaction score
This is my 3rd child I fed my other 2 till 2 years and 18 month's. However since my third we just seem to be pushing on through each day.she wanted feeding constantly for 6 weeks never settled between feeds brought back a lot of feeds.she gainS well which I put down to my oversupply. I have block fed alot to reduce this but I'm still like a hose sometimes. Gp gave us gaviscon first which worked for about 3 weeks but the dosage was increased to maximum then the screaming arching fussy eating came back.so back to the docs and he gave us omeprazole. It took nearly a week to see the full effect and the screaming reduce and she fed better but not perfect.

I think I need to go get the dose adjusted again as it's dependant on weight and her screaming and fussing has ramped up again.

Anyway after my background feeding is not enjoyable at to.she still fusses despite the meds.I constantly need to help put the boob back in her mouth where she pops off so much I wind her frequently but it always feels like a battle.nursing in public usually results in a quick feed to tide her over.she will not comfort sick but wants to so we have been using a dummy on those occasions but recent she doesn't even want that.I feel guilty for thing maybe bottle feeding would be easier but then she wouldn't have my milk as long as the others:nope:

Also to add she tends to sleep well at night and Wakes maybe twice for food.however these feeds are a lot smoother no fussing

Have you tried going off dairy? I know it isn't always the culprit but a lot of what you described sounded like what we were going through until I eliminated that. I even considered bottle feeding which is odd for me. I'm so sorry... I really hope it gets better soon :hugs:

I did cut it back a little but between different meds wernt sure what was working and not may give it a week or so of it completely of dairy before going gps to reassess the meds then will hopefully see if it is the culprit. Sorry your having trouble too.your right with the bottle thing that's not me at all but seeing them so uncomfortable makes you question xx

You can decide on the dairy thing. It's something I had to go all or nothing.. Chose nothing. If I had even a little she was miserable again. I saw great improvement even a couple days after cutting it out completely and she was like a new baby in just 1-2 weeks. Remember it takes about 2 weeks for dairy to be completely out of your system. I don't think it's a lactose thing with her.. But must be a cows milk sensitivity. I hope you are able to get it figured out and she feels better soon. I know it's really hard when we have to guess at what us bothering our little ones :hugs:

I second cutting out dairy. It is a sensitivity to the protein. Whenever I even just have a bit of cheese my lo gets worse again.

His reflux started at 3 weeks. We had horrible nights of him waking every 10-30 mins due to pain. He became almost reflux free in three weeks. First I cut out dairy and gluten which helped but only aboyt 40% better I'd say. Then we started giving probiotics and he was about 80% better. Last but not least giving him Lefax (simethicone) helped to get him to be about 95% improved and almost reflux free. He nurses much much better now too and my supply regulated, hence he can comfort nurse.

I used to have an imbalance because he would only drink some foremilk, come off and fuss, then after 30 mins drink more foremilk...it was a viscious cycle. He would hardly ever empty my boob well.

I'm OK with foods it just my tea !will sucking it up and see would rather a happy baby. Thank you for replies .

Do you put milk in your tea? I don't know where you live. Here in the US I use almond milk in every I would typically use milk for. So far it's working great and dairy free. Maybe just see if there is something different you could use :)

Do you put milk in your tea? I don't know where you live. Here in the US I use almond milk in every I would typically use milk for. So far it's working great and dairy free. Maybe just see if there is something different you could use :)

Haha yes I'm in the UK. We have an oat milk which I've used in cereal which is fine but definitely doesn't work tea.we can get almond milk and soya haven't tried those in tea yet.

Haha yes I'm in the UK. We have an oat milk which I've used in cereal which is fine but definitely doesn't work tea.we can get almond milk and soya haven't tried those in tea yet.

Ohhhhh OK gotcha. Well worth a try I suppose! I will say I don't always like almond milk in something I used milk for too... It definitely gives everything a more almondy flavor lol its better than no milk though. I hope you find something you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->