<3 Mr and Mrs Smileyfaces: 7th February 2016 <3

Congratulations xxx your venue is beautiful!

Your also getting married a week after me :thumbup:

:hi: hi baby bell! Exciting we have weddings near each other! Bride buddy :haha:

Oooh i forgot to show off my ring on my original post! Here it is (some of you have seen it on fb!) for those who haven't seen it :) I love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 23
My heavens, I get so jealous when I see all the GOREGOUS venues you lucky ladies have over there!!!! Stunning, I imagine you are so crazy excited!

Love your ring too, you have great taste. :flower:

Just realised you had a journal here!! Venue looks fab. Have you been dress shopping yet?

Thanks Tiff, very excited! X

Hi Sarah, no not been dress shopping yet, not going for a while yet! Not getting married till 2016. Need to lose a few stone before I go shopping or I will just feel fat and depressed lol x

Updates!!

So, I went to look at dresses. Traumatising!! I tried a couple on but looked like a whale so am aiming to get at least three stone off before I go again. I felt and looked huge! Im approx a size 16 (which is the UK average I believe :haha:) but the type of dresses that I like did not sit well on my figure at all (I carry nearly all of my excess weight around my hips), hence why I want to lose weight before I go again. I could have tried things on that would be better suited to my figure but those types didnt take my fancy at all. Operation diet, ahoy!

I have booked a DJ (woop!!) and he also provides loads of different stuff so have booked our twinkle backdrop (like a white curtain thing with fairy lights in haha) to make it look nice behind the top table and behind the registrar when we get married. Also booked some uplighters to match our colour scheme so that the room will look all lovely and blue in the evening!

Changed my mind on the photographer we were gonna go with and have scoured around for another that I like that has good prices and have eventually found a great one with great prices. We are booking the photographer from bridal prep right through to first dance and then once that is all done he will be doing a photo booth for us in the evening :D That should be fun!

Also, today I have booked a caricaturist who will come just after the speeches to fill the gap before the dj starts at 7pm. He will be there for two hours and will be doing caricatures of as many guests as he can fit in in that time! I originally wanted a magician but thought this would be better as people get to take home their own drawing.

I bought some bargain second hand foam flower bouquets, plain white, and have bought tons of amazing things to bling them up and make them match the colour scheme! Lots of tulle to make flowers with, brooches, beads, pins....so exciting! :rofl:

If I carry on like this, the whole wedding will be planned by the end of the year so I need to slow down.

17 MONTHS, 16 DAYS AND COUNTING XXXX

Wow, sounds like it's shaping up to be a great day Lou! I hope we get an invite. :p

I love the photo booth and caricaturist ideas! Brilliant! <3

Don't be afraid to try different styles of dresses though - often, brides find the style they were looking at/liked the best/thought they'd look best in really isn't the case, and the dress shop assistants will suggest a few styles you'd never given any thought to before. Trust them if they suggest something you really didn't think would suit your figure, because it probably will! :D

Course you can come :haha: Bring Piper and Haribo and all the kids can have a dance off! :D

I know, I understand that different shapes and styles may surprise me but I dont want to try something on I dont like :brat: lol

I'm a bit slow on the uptake... did you leave the other journal and make a wedding one?

I must admit I'm not that hot on weddings (though I am on marriage lol). We had a crummy wedding and everything went wrong lol BUT we are still very happily married many years later. I'll be stalking now I am subscribed!

Hi Calm! I still have my parenting journal somewhere in the BnB abyss but created a separate wedding one lol :lol: How can you not like weddings?! Haha Im so excited to plan :D Sorry tour wedding day was pants :( what happened? Xx

Nah its just not our cup of tea, we only had a very small wedding anyway under pressure of relatives, I think that is why it didn't work, when what we really wanted was to do a flit and get married on our own (my parents did that). My parents gave us the money it would cost though to have a bigger wedding and we've been saving ever since and we were able to buy our house this year without a mortgage which was something more appealing to us. Its not like DH and me are the norm though, its obvious people love weddings, they must take a lot of planning too from what I can see!

Another stalker! I love your colours, think the blue will look lovely in feb. Also love the venue, how pretty :) We're currently deciding between two venues, we're having a second visit to both so hopefully by the 19th Oct we'll have decided and booked it yay! Xx

Hello neadyda and nats!! Welcome!

Where are your venues Nats? We had 3 potential venues and viewed them all in one day :haha: I was too eager to get something booked! When are you looking to marry? Xx

The venue looks gorgeous and loving the pale blue bridesmaid dresses :)

Great photo opportunities with that stunning outside area!

Your ring is lovely!

I was worrying about dress shopping too as I'm not happy with my weight (I'm a 14/16) I managed to find the most perfect dress in a size 14 that just about fits I still have to lose a little bit for it to fit perfect.

Hope so Em, cant wait!

Neadyda I want to aim for a 12 keep eyeing up dresses and wondering if I should just go ahead and order a 12 but too scared lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->