<3 Mr and Mrs Smileyfaces: 7th February 2016 <3

What sort of style dress are you looking at getting.

When I went to get mine I had a style in mind. Ended up trying on a style I didn't think I liked but omg it was the one! Lol.

I love talking weddings!!

Hello neadyda and nats!! Welcome!

Where are your venues Nats? We had 3 potential venues and viewed them all in one day :haha: I was too eager to get something booked! When are you looking to marry? Xx

Thanks :) One is in lichfield, its lovely with a bridge and stream (great photos im thinking!), beautiful and modern and gives a choice of meals on the day for the wedding breakfast but it has no hotel rooms, is more expensive and could have more then one wedding in the day.

The other is cheaper, just caters to one wedding a day, has hotel rooms, has a lovely outside area for photos but isnt as modern and only one choice for each course. The second venue also has brilliant reviews whereas the first one is a bit mixed (either brilliant or really poor). Im definitely edging towards the second one whereas OH is more on the first, thats why we fancied a second viewing of both.

Haha I know that feeling! Just wanna get it booked now! We're hoping 2016, we're not to fussy with a date but were thinking may or july time xx xx

What sort of style dress are you looking at getting.

When I went to get mine I had a style in mind. Ended up trying on a style I didn't think I liked but omg it was the one! Lol.

I love talking weddings!!

I have looked online and reallyyy like the fishtail dresses but i am certain I will not lose enough weight to look good in one :haha: So as it stands at the mo I am really open to any dresses! I am off to the National Wedding Show on sunday so hopefully will get a better idea of styles then!

Hello neadyda and nats!! Welcome!

Where are your venues Nats? We had 3 potential venues and viewed them all in one day :haha: I was too eager to get something booked! When are you looking to marry? Xx

Thanks :) One is in lichfield, its lovely with a bridge and stream (great photos im thinking!), beautiful and modern and gives a choice of meals on the day for the wedding breakfast but it has no hotel rooms, is more expensive and could have more then one wedding in the day.

The other is cheaper, just caters to one wedding a day, has hotel rooms, has a lovely outside area for photos but isnt as modern and only one choice for each course. The second venue also has brilliant reviews whereas the first one is a bit mixed (either brilliant or really poor). Im definitely edging towards the second one whereas OH is more on the first, thats why we fancied a second viewing of both.

Haha I know that feeling! Just wanna get it booked now! We're hoping 2016, we're not to fussy with a date but were thinking may or july time xx xx

Ooh I think I would go for the second one too by the sounds of it! A venue is what you make it, if the secknd one is a bit dated then just try jazzing it up, there are loads of good venue dressers on fb! Bad reviews would be a no-go for me, I wouldnt want my wedding day ruined! Good luck!!

Loving the chill in the air. February will be beautiful.

I was just about to comment something similar. In February we tend to have a lot of bright, crispy mornings - it will be lovely!

Yeah I am really not too bothered now about the weather, it will be a good day regardless! So exciting!! :happydance:

Oh wow have fun!

I'm going wedding dress shopping for one of my friends tomorrow, I'm her bridesmaid. I'm tempted to look at an evening dress for me....

I'm not changing either but I'm giving myself an excuse to try more on hehe. I managed to get mine in the sale! Was £1,200 got it for £250! My dad was rather pleased haha x

Omg thats amazing! Was that from a bridal shop? Im too scared to go to bridal shops because of the prices!! Lol!

Omg thats amazing! Was that from a bridal shop? Im too scared to go to bridal shops because of the prices!! Lol!

Yeah a bridal shop. They had a sale on as they needed to make room for new stock. The lady I had was lovely very complimentary! Xx

I'm not changing either but I'm giving myself an excuse to try more on hehe. I managed to get mine in the sale! Was £1,200 got it for £250! My dad was rather pleased haha x

Wow what a bargain! Xx

Ooh I think I would go for the second one too by the sounds of it! A venue is what you make it, if the secknd one is a bit dated then just try jazzing it up, there are loads of good venue dressers on fb! Bad reviews would be a no-go for me, I wouldnt want my wedding day ruined! Good luck!!

Loving the chill in the air. February will be beautiful.

I was just about to comment something similar. In February we tend to have a lot of bright, crispy mornings - it will be lovely!

Yeah I am really not too bothered now about the weather, it will be a good day regardless! So exciting!! :happydance:

Yeah thats what I think, to be honest its not to dated its just the other one is so modern compared to it. Even though the other one has quite a few great reviews it also has quite a few poor ones which has really put me off it. We're off for our second viewing tomorrow there so we'll see xx

It went ok. It was nice seeing the place again, it is so pretty but the bad reviews really put me off no matter how pretty it is! Plus she said today they could potentially have another wedding party there. Im definitely swaying towards the second place at the moment. Looking forward to seeing that one again next week xx

It would defo put me off having another wedding at the same time! We viewed three venues and two of them said they would have two weddings on the same day which just didnt make me feel like my day would be special! The venue we went for have a strict one weddjng per day rule!

It would defo put me off having another wedding at the same time! We viewed three venues and two of them said they would have two weddings on the same day which just didnt make me feel like my day would be special! The venue we went for have a strict one weddjng per day rule!

Yeah thats my thinking to. The other one we like is only one wedding a day which is another reason why I prefer it to the first :) xx

Quick update:

Just over 12 months to go! Woo! Not an awful lot going on really, we went to our venue last weekend for a wedding fair and I fell in love with our venue all over again :) I had been panicking thinking that I was gonna walk in and be completely underwhelmed but nope, we both loves it more than the first time we went which was really nice. Pic below of the venue on the open day, rubbish pic and doesnt really do it justice but its all I got lol.

I have an appointment next weekend to go to a bridal shop! I entered a fb comp to win a £250 voucher for their shop but didnt win and then I had an inbox msg off the lady who owns the shop offering me a £150 voucher instead (brucey bonus!!) but it must be used either next friday or saturday and the min spend is 350. Cant do any harm to have a look!

Ive started my wedding favours...I am having blue and white stripey paper bags (like sweetie bags) and inside we are having a 'Wedding I Spy' card and a 'Wedding advice' card (see pics below-first draft so bit messy but you get the idea!)along with a packet of sweeties (probably love hearts) and will be tied with a little luggage label with each persons name on.

I am doing my own flowers (brave lol) and am using foam and silk flowers. The bridesmaids flowers are a standard pre-made bouquet from dunelm mill but I have added a few bits to it myself. My bouquet is a work in progress- I have run out of blue and pink flowers so need to buy more and also need some sort of greenery but am pleased with it so far. Pics below but bare in mind they are not finished haha!

What else?! Oh, M decided he wanted three best men :)coffee:), one of which is an old friend who he was best man for himself back in August. Well tonight he called M up and said thanks for the offer but I dont want to do it :wacko: lol. Bit of a cheek really when M went out of his way to pay for his stag do last year, had to spend £150 on his own suit and shoes for their wedding (which me and the kids didnt even get an invite to) and spent weeks fretting over his speech etc and now his mate turns round and basically says e cant be arsed being his best man lol. Pfffffffft. So he is down to two best men which I am personally delighted about (as it is much more realistic plus saves us the cost of a suit hire for one more person!) and I actually think M is secretly relieved too.

Oooh almost forgot! Bought my veil today! Yes I am jumping the gun because I dont have my dress yet BUT it was a bargain and I couldn't say no! A page on fb called Lemonade and Lace make their own lovely veils and I got it from there. It is very plain but I love it.

Other than that, not much to report. Will update again soon :)

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/C6286024-058A-4638-8F24-01020D1E455D.jpg

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/B520F558-2234-46BE-AC14-798D1E17B2D4.jpg

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/58C63D22-069A-46D7-9011-F4321F406F33.jpg

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/7E7A56CF-3196-41F5-A5C9-8BDDB423A741.jpg

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/03F721FA-BF29-4987-919F-A801626C0E49.jpg

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/29575731-DD6B-4A12-A802-64368DF8D57A.png

Wow love all the pictures. The veil is stunning and you are very clever doing your own flowers x

Thanks Em, they are not nearly finished yet. Will post pics when they are done :thumbup:

Forgot to add that I am now on 'operation lose weight' lol. Back on slimming world, lost 9.5lbs in two weeks which I'm pleased with. Hoping to get my stone award by the end of the month, 4.5lbs to to! Overall I have at least 4 stone to lose, hopefully a bit more. Fingers crossed I can get it off and keep it off too.

Great update! Love the veil, it's simple but elegant and the flowers look really good, well done you. Brilliant idea with the favours too, sounds like fun :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->