<3 Mr and Mrs Smileyfaces: 7th February 2016 <3

Are you going to the open day at Mytton Fold in June? I want to go and see the four poster bridal suite but everytime i go someones in it so i keep seeing the same cramped room with a sleigh bed in it!! xx

Only just seen this message?! Yes I might go, need to ask a few questions anyway so can do it face to face. The four poster room Ive already seen, its just a white four poster, nothing spesh :lol: I might take MIL this time for a look around, dont think OH will be bothered about going again! Might see you there!!

We have just been trying to do our guest list, so stressful :growlmad: :shock: :cry: lol

Just been and booked our hair and makeup for the day! Its costing £240 for me and three bridesmaids to have hair up and makeup which is by far the cheapest quote I had! And the girl that does it looks amazing, she has her own shop and its very popular! Left £150 today and so only for £90 left to pay.

My wedding ring has just been delivered too!

All getting very real now...8 months and 19 days to go!

Sounds lovely about the hair and makeup, I'm glad you found a place your like that is a good price and gives you a good feeling, 8 months and 19 days, that is almost a pregnancy :haha:

Charlotte, we are defo going on sunday :) Last time we went there was a lovely lady doing cakes so we are hoping she is there this time so we can book one. We are also paying off the balance to Mytton Fold while we are there and also paying off Happy Days (the venue dressers that supply the drapes etc). We will be going at about 12ish, might see you there!

Possibly :) i'm only going if the four poster room is available, i will message on the Saturday. I found out on friday that in the package for the 60 day, 2 children under 10 count as one place, i was mega chuffed!! I can invite four more adults now! xx

Oh thats really good! We are over our 60 so that doesnt apply to us anyway but its good to know. We are gonna have a cull on children I think...family children only, no friends' children. Harsh but numbers are getting out of control now.

Charlotte ive just spoken to Mytton Fold on fb and they said that sunday is an open day and not a wedding fair. They are just dressing the room up to show what its like, there wont be stall holders there as there was last time. Dont think I will bother going after all!

Hi all!

Wedding plans are going well, 7 months today! Eeeek!

No real updates since last time, venue and registrar are paid in full so if all else fails we have the important things booked! We have all the money for the photographer put to one side, just saving for all the rest now :) Still need to pay venue dressers £330, DJ £240, cake £141, suits (anywhere up to £500 for four suits), flowers got £125 left to pay and then just smaller bits and bobs after that! Oh and have £90 left to pay for hair and makeup. The end is in sight! Was originally gonna make flowers myself but decided against it.
Just a few pictures....

Bridesmaids dresses:

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/D5885061-989E-4A87-BF3D-19006454AEA7.jpg

Cake is like this but in blue and white, three tiers and without the teddy and flower on top lol:

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/4399010F-F7EC-4F67-901A-0FE1C35C0036.jpg

Flowers- me and bridesmaids having the same but mine will be larger:

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/52A932F8-996E-4973-99C2-BE65BC43D06E.jpg

Decided I will have my hair like this:

https://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/smileyfaces198/Mobile%20Uploads/526D82A1-7E2C-48CE-B547-7B586CA5ACED.jpg

Ahhh everything will be sooooo beautiful :) I remember the feeling of saving up for everything too!
We did cut costs by doing our own flowers, cake, favours, invites, name board and gift post box etc. My mil did a fab job on the flowers and saved me hundreds cos I wanted amnesia roses! We had to import them!!

Here's my bouquet. The darker roses are the amnesias :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
Everything looks lovely and you're being so organised, and responsible with money! Xxx

Not long now hun!! How are your plans coming along!! I can't wait to see pictures :) xx

Loads has changed, I should update my journal really. Changed my dress but now having second thoughts about it. Panicking a bit now that I wont have a dress lol.

Colour scheme changed to yellow.

Invitations have gone out but hardly anyone has bothered to RSVP :growlmad:

Bridesmaids dresses have been changed TWICE.

Kindly have been gifted a videographer so we have reduced our package with the photographer we booked but he messed us about and tried changing his prices because we changed package :growlmad:

But yeahhhhhhh all good :haha: Hows your plans going?

We have our pre-weddig dinner invitation from Mytton Fold but at £18.50 per person and a long drive there Im not sure we will bother.

We hardly got any rsvp's too Hun. Soooo annoying when you're trying to budget/work out numbers :(

You will have a dress hun, Why don&#8217;t you go try it again with veil and everything just to put your mind at rest. I got mine on Saturday &#8211; didn&#8217;t think I would find it so soon. Yellow is a lovely colour hun. I would maybe chase them up at the 3 month mark and if they don&#8217;t respond after that then they don&#8217;t get to come, save your money eh!!

Naughty photographer but that&#8217;s good about the videographer, I wish we could afford one of those as I bet they pick up so much that you forget.

As if you have to pay for the tasting?!?!?!?! That&#8217;s outrageous. You&#8217;d think they would let you have that for free!! And do you get to taste everything on the menu so you know what you want to pick??

My plans are coming along slowly, we have 16 months yet so we&#8217;ve got photographer (Kerry Woods, she&#8217;s so lovely) church is sorted and my hairdresser is sorted, and now my wedding dress :) :) can&#8217;t do bridesmaids yet as one is pregnant and the other will be nearly 16 when we get married so no idea what size she will be lol. Just taking it slowly. Currently looking to book a photobooth, we&#8217;ve been to a few weddings this year and they&#8217;re so much fun. Think it&#8217;s a great way to get photo&#8217;s of night guests.

Might pop to the open afternoon on the 11th October and book my room deco with Happy Days xx

Hiya :wave: brand new stalker :) I'm sure I used to have you on Facebook once upon a time lol

Not managed to see any pics of dresses, I'm sure they're gorgeous though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->