3 positive tests the night before getting 2 negatives.

Elynnknowles

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

My husband and I have been trying since April! I decided not to track so I have no idea how many DPO I am. My sister found out she’s pregnant a few days before I decided to test last night. She did it at my house. She found out at about 13 weeks so her test was very positive! We rinsed out the cup she used and I set it out to dry. I used that cup and didn’t think anything of it. My 2 test were very positive and I got a positive digital. Could using that cup have effected my test? I used the same one this morning and got a negative as well as with a different cup. I’m so confused.

859B7D0E-7C46-48DF-AB6A-0FE262BFEBAB.jpeg

It’s possible the cup wasn’t fully cleaned from her urine and affected your tests, unfortunately there’s no way of knowing which to believe without again retesting. Since it seems you’ve since retested twice and got BFN I’d be inclined to think her sample contaminated yours initially. I would definitely check once more, what a let down, I’m sorry. Hoping you get the outcome you desire!! :flow:

Her leftover urine could possibly have contaminated yours? Especially since the following tests were negative.
I would test again and good luck :hugs:

It’s possible the cup wasn’t fully cleaned from her urine and affected your tests, unfortunately there’s no way of knowing which to believe without again retesting. Since it seems you’ve since retested twice and got BFN I’d be inclined to think her sample contaminated yours initially. I would definitely check once more, what a let down, I’m sorry. Hoping you get the outcome you desire!! :flow:
That’s what I figured. I just tested again and it was negative. Someone mentioned that even if there was some leftover it shouldn’t be enough the get a digital to say yes but I guess there was. So discouraging. Thank you ladies!

I agree with the other ladies and if your tests were that positive they wouldnt go negative over night. Im sure cup was contaminated. Sorry hun hugs.

That’s what I figured. I just tested again and it was negative. Someone mentioned that even if there was some leftover it shouldn’t be enough the get a digital to say yes but I guess there was. So discouraging. Thank you ladies!
What brand and type of test did you use that gave you the negatives? If you rinse out the cup pretty good then honestly I agree with the other person that you talked to, there really shouldn't be enough HCG to turn a digital test positive.

That is surprising to me that her urine would be able to contaminate your sample. Not saying it cant happen though. Very odd...:confused:

Although, now that I'm thinking about it, you said she is 13 weeks along so she would have a very high level of HCG in her system. I suppose a few drops of her urine could have been enough to make your tests positive.

Yeah normally I’d be surprised it got contaminated but if she’s that far along it probably wouldn’t take much to turn your tests positive. I’m so so sorry :hugs:

Any updates on how you're doing hun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->