3 year old sent home after being attacked at nursery

LDC

Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-3-attacked-Leicester-nursery-2-year-old.html

Makes me so sad and angry! Any one else seen this?

X

Unbelievable isn't it, I'm going to keep an eye out and see what happens with the parents legal action.

Poor little mite, she must have been so scared too :-(

I get that children have accidents in nursery etc (lord knows mine has had a few scrapes) but something to this extent is just scary.

X

Just read that the staff didn't see it happen....which is horrendous. Why weren't they watching the little ones? Ugh. Makes me sick to my stomach!

This article was from years ago!
It's at a nursery close to where I live. I must say, my son can be very aggressive at times and when he started this story has constantly been on my mind, I'd be devastated if he did this to another child. It worries me after listening to people comment on it ( not on this thread) that they automatically accuse the parents that 'they must see violence all the time at home' ... As I said, my son is 2.5 and can be very violent and aggressive with other children, I've never left him alone in soft play ect because a child only has to come into his personal space and he hits/scratches/pulls hair, They dont even have to touch him physically! I wonder if people think that about me that were a violent household because we certainly are not.

Gosh this is an old one!
What concerns me most is that the staff didn't see. Hopefully things have changed.

I saw that on Facebook last night. Looked on the comments and it's really old.
Hopefully the nursery has changed at it's very worrying nobody saw. Would love to be a fly on the wall in my sons nursery x

Wonder what happened--if the child ever got kicked out of the daycare center.

I didn't realise how old it was tbh, I saw it from a post on facebook.

I wonder what happened too jellybean.

Tina i agree with you; a lot of people attribute behaviours to something they've seen at home or on tv and whilst this can be true, there are occasions when it couldn't be further from the truth. Unfortunately I think assumptions will always be made :-(

X

I think it's wrong to put such blame on the child and her parents. My son has autism and ADHD, he can be VERY aggressive. My other children are not aggressive at all. I cannot control what happens when he is at school or nursery and it's really hurtful and horrible that people blame the mother.

The staff were responsible. If they know the child is aggressive they either need to suggest another establishment for the child or increase staff ratios to watch the child.

I think it's horrific what happened to that little girl and I would be livid too, but surely it's the nursery who are responsible?

I can't believe someone would expect police action to be taken against a 2 year old.

I think it's wrong to put such blame on the child and her parents. My son has autism and ADHD, he can be VERY aggressive. My other children are not aggressive at all. I cannot control what happens when he is at school or nursery and it's really hurtful and horrible that people blame the mother.

The staff were responsible. If they know the child is aggressive they either need to suggest another establishment for the child or increase staff ratios to watch the child.

I think it's horrific what happened to that little girl and I would be livid too, but surely it's the nursery who are responsible?

I can't believe someone would expect police action to be taken against a 2 year old.

Absolutely.

It's sometimes like things are just a who is easy to blame scenario...

The two year old - should know better
The mother - obviously can't control her child/has let them get away with things

And like the comments above, no doubt the nursery were aware of the child's behaviour or any instances where something may happen. Hell, even if they weren't they should be watching the children in their care. Sure slips and trips happen as we all know, but if a child becomes frustrated or aggressive there tend to be cues that lead to this or at least monitoring in place.

Some things I just struggle to comprehend x

I've seen this article 2 years ago, I wonder why it's back daily mail.

Anyways I can't believe a 2 year old could cause so much injury!

I've seen this article 2 years ago, I wonder why it's back daily mail.

Anyways I can't believe a 2 year old could cause so much injury!

its not back in the daily mail, if you open the link OP posted you can see at the top it says 2011. :thumbup:

its been going round facebook for a week or so too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->