30-Somethings TTC#1

Hey guys,
I'm CD12 today I think and may be o day. If not, tomorrow or day after. BD yesterday and will do again tomorrow if no temp shift yet. Can't be bothered with OPKs any more and interpreting them.
This week I've been trying not to eat any wheat and to eat a bit better. Have had no caffeine either apart from a small amount in green tea.
Also started Dandelion root capsules. Pains haven't started being as bad yet and hope it stays that way cause Ov time is usually awful.
Will be arranging another reiki for next week hopefully. Found somewhere that does reflexology; might try that too!

How's everyone else?

Hi Floofy,

So many things I want to comment on in your post!!!

First I'm CD13 and also fully appreciate the FRUSTRATION with OPK's and trying to understand them. Yesterday I KNEW it was negative, today its like looking for a bloody bfp and trying to figure out if the line is eqaul to the control line! I'm sure ov will be by Fiday if they are correct, which is when I'm due. (Usually CD14-15 for me)

I'm rattling with the vitamins and evening primrose oil LOL. Never knew about Dandelion root... and I occasional drink green tea but really dont like it.

As for the Reiki...AWESOME. I have practiced Reiki for over 10 years and cant wait to get my accreditations. I am also a qualified Holistic Therapist and Reflexology is one of my fields. Its my favourite to do. And its effects can be fantastic.

My advice to you though as a precaution is to not have the treatments after OV. Usually we will not treat someone in the first trimester, particularly if oils are used as these treatments can promote bleeding, so can the therapies themselves, maybe not reflexology so much but it depends whats used to do the treatment.

GL to you hun! :dust:

Hey guys,
I'm CD12 today I think and may be o day. If not, tomorrow or day after. BD yesterday and will do again tomorrow if no temp shift yet. Can't be bothered with OPKs any more and interpreting them.
This week I've been trying not to eat any wheat and to eat a bit better. Have had no caffeine either apart from a small amount in green tea.
Also started Dandelion root capsules. Pains haven't started being as bad yet and hope it stays that way cause Ov time is usually awful.
Will be arranging another reiki for next week hopefully. Found somewhere that does reflexology; might try that too!

How's everyone else?

Hi Floofy,

First I'm CD13 and also fully appreciate the FRUSTRATION with OPK's and trying to understand them. Yesterday I KNEW it was negative, today its like looking for a bloody bfp and trying to figure out if the line is eqaul to the control line! I'm sure ov will be by Fiday if they are correct, which is when I'm due. (Usually CD14-15 for me)

I'm rattling with the vitamins and evening primrose oil LOL. Never knew about Dandelion root... and I occasional drink green tea but really dont like it.

As for the Reiki...AWESOME. I have practiced Reiki for over 10 years and cant wait to get my accreditations. I am also a qualified Holistic Therapist and Reflexology is one of my fields. Its my favourite to do. And its effects can be fantastic.

My advice to you though as a precaution is to not have the treatments after OV. Usually we will not treat someone in the first trimester, particularly if oils are used as these treatments can promote bleeding, so can the therapies themselves, maybe not reflexology so much but it depends whats used to do the treatment.

Ooh, so you think a reiki isn't good in the next 2 weeks?.....

I've got endo and dandelion root is supposed to be good for the liver, which in turn, helps our body to remove the endo.
Was advised to stop the EPO, Dong Quai and Flaxseed I was taking cause they can mess with hormones so am just on Maca now. However, this person wasn't a doctor or anything. Just someone who's had endo a long time and believes soley in alternative therapies. Not a massive fan of green tea myself, but it's ok and wanted to drink something warming really.
I used to Ov on CD14 mostly, but recently it's been about 12. I'll have to see if my temps go up tomorrow tho; have feeling they won't, so there'll be more BDing tomorrow! lol. Used a softcup yesterday which kept the little suckers in, although I've been on another thread on here tonight, which says that's a waste of time, cause they get themselves up there if they want to!
Gave up on the OPKs cause I thought the only decent ones were the CB digis but they're so expensive I bought some One Step IC ones. Then battled trying to find a decent line and gave up!

GL to you! x x

I should send one of you guys my cbfm. Didn't help me! I gave up caffeine for a while until I realized that I've got bigger problems so I'm now making up for lost time!

Hey guys,

How's everyone else?

Hi Floofy,

Ooh, so you think a reiki isn't good in the next 2 weeks?.....

I've got endo and dandelion root is supposed to be good for the liver, which in turn, helps our body to remove the endo.
Was advised to stop the EPO, Dong Quai and Flaxseed I was taking cause they can mess with hormones so am just on Maca now. However, this person wasn't a doctor or anything. Just someone who's had endo a long time and believes soley in alternative therapies. Not a massive fan of green tea myself, but it's ok and wanted to drink something warming really.
I used to Ov on CD14 mostly, but recently it's been about 12. I'll have to see if my temps go up tomorrow tho; have feeling they won't, so there'll be more BDing tomorrow! lol. Used a softcup yesterday which kept the little suckers in, although I've been on another thread on here tonight, which says that's a waste of time, cause they get themselves up there if they want to!
Gave up on the OPKs cause I thought the only decent ones were the CB digis but they're so expensive I bought some One Step IC ones. Then battled trying to find a decent line and gave up!

GL to you! x x

Reiki will be fine hun!! Its about equilibrium and balancing the energies to release blockages amongst other things. It will probably do you good. I would avoid other therapies that will stimulate specifically though. Its a taboo subject but I wouldnt take any chances. And be careful if you use oils maybe in the bath or in creams.

Evening Primrose Oil helps with CM and I have REALLY noticed - but only up to OV. Generally it is meant to balance hormones...not put them at levels which could cause problems... but who knows :shrug:

I keep hearing about softcups...sounds dodgy :haha: TBH the best thing to get the spermies where they need to be is good CM! Its viscosity help the movement and lifespan of them. But I guess anything could help....

Flaxseed and EPO do the same thing dont they....cause they are both the healthy fats.... I'll read up LOL.

Unless maybe the Dong Quai and EPO were contradicting each other and both trying to do the same thing?... x I wish I had lots of CM but I don't, however I don't go fishing for it! The most common type I see is creamy. Sorry tmi. Am always reading different things I should do for ttc, and then read that they're not good for endo, or the other way round. It's really hard trying to find things to do and take that are good for both. x

Hi Ladies,

I understand the skepticm about Bill and Guiliana. The reason I think their story is a little more pure is because they have money and they can't conceive. It seems when folks are celebrity/ rich they can almost buy their way into any situation, but not this one. Some pain in universal despite background.

I've followed their story for awhile. They are sincere, but who knows.

Thanks for the responses.

I wish everyone the best in their journeys. Baby wishes to everyone!:flower: :)

Yeah, i get that it's tough for them too. The only advantage they have is that the doctors are probably more willing to help them quicker because they have all that money. meh. Anyway, I'm out for this month. Movin' on........

Regal, I just read your siggy and see you lost 8 pounds! Congrats! What have you been doing? I've decided that if I can't be preggo, I'm going to get healthier. I need something to obsess about, and right now I'm not in the mood for it to be TTC!

Squirrel - that sucks that the witch got you. I know you'll get your bfp soon. I'm waiting for AF myself and then I can go on birth control. When my doc told me that ivf was the way to go for me I figured I'd at least relax about ttc. I did a little but it was still hard every month. I feel like at last on the birth control I can't pg so I won't have anything to stress about. Well we'll see. This whole process is so hard and makes you not want to ttc. :hugs:

I hear ya Maxxi - when I was told we are fighting a narrow cervix and slight male factor I was able to relax knowing that IUI would be a way for us to get around those issues. I did have my hopes a little higher after the HSG but now I just hope IUI does the trick before we go broke : O

Squirrel - 13 is you lucky cycle babe, I just know it!

Squirrel, sorry the witch got you. F x for next cycle x

Proper out of PMA today. Woke up at 3am with horrible stabbing/burning pains in right side and couldn't go back to sleep. Endo pains this afternoon have been back to their usual state and my lower back is burning too.
Cried all the way to work and all the way back.
Don't see how it's possible to conceive when you feel like this most of the month. It's all very well doctors and gynos saying 'just get pregnant, or go on birth control' but I refuse to do the second, and the first isn't happening. :cry:

Floofy - do they really say that? Like you're purposely not getting pregnant so you can suffer each month?

Jaimie - I know broke! We have to do ivf, ICSI and PGD. Not everyone does PGD but because I fall under the category of unexplained infertility/recurrent miscarriage I get the privilege of doing the very expensive PGD.

Squirrel - I agree with 13 being lucky for you!

Just been told pregnancy is the solution to endo, so I should do that if that's what I want (ignoring the fact that because I'm in pain a lot of the time it's probably not going to happen)
However, double edged sword cause endo can stop you getting pregnant.

Last gyno appt, was told take pain killers and 'good luck with conceiving' after refusing the only option of hormone injections..

Hey Floofy - you are definitely between a rock and a hard place there! My fertility doc said something similar - my narrow cervix is likely to cause some endo if I don't carry a child to term and deliver vaginally. He said that would widen my cervical os and prevent endo in the future, and make it easier to conceive. Definitely hoping it happens for both of us, SOON!

Oh, Floofy, that sounds so painful. My OBGYN said something similar to me about all the pre-af spotting I get. Either get PG or go back on BC. Uhm... thanks. I mean, have some compassion and understanding people! If only all OBGYNs had personal experience with similar issues. Seems like those kinds of doctors are always better.

Maxxi -- I thought PGD is what allows them to pick a gender?? Am I thinking of the wrong thing, or does it have another purpose too?

Oh, Floofy, that sounds so painful. My OBGYN said something similar to me about all the pre-af spotting I get. Either get PG or go back on BC. Uhm... thanks. I mean, have some compassion and understanding people! If only all OBGYNs had personal experience with similar issues. Seems like those kinds of doctors are always better.

Maxxi -- I thought PGD is what allows them to pick a gender?? Am I thinking of the wrong thing, or does it have another purpose too?

You can pick the gender but in my case they are going to biopsy the embryos to look for the genetically stable ones and will then transfer 2-3 back to me. It's used for people with recurrent mc's at least the specific type of pgd testing I'm getting. It's supposed to reduce the risk of mc and costs quite a bit!

Of course! God forbid any of this be affordable, right??? But it's amazing what technology can do nowadays!

Hello ladies. Been away with work so not been on for ages. Took me ages to catch up! The :witch: arrived yesterday. Thought she was on her way so managed to avoid the depressing BFN. She's very heavy though this month. Really really heavy. This is going to be tmi but Im using the maximum size tampon but having to change every 4 hours and totally soaked with some blood clots. Should I be worried??

Maxxi - why do you need to go on bcp for 3 months before you start IVF?

I'm so sorry so many of you have had mc. I can't imagine what that must be like. We've been trying for 12 months and never ever got a BFP.

Thanks for explaining that Maxxi - that is really interesting. I hope the shots and all aren't too difficult for you. I think you take bc to give your follies a rest before stimulation, right?

Really sorry about AF Waiting - I wouldn't be too worried about the heavy flow. As long as you aren't in pain and it tapers off after a few days. Are you late at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->