30-Somethings TTC#1

Hi all, still no craic to report here - was out at a work formal dinner on Fri so died of hang-over all yesterday. At least if I ever to get the :bfp: won't need to worry about that - I swear I just can't drink anymore - not good for an Irish girl!! :wacko:

Hoping to O this week so bring on the :sex:!!

Waiting - has the bleeding gotten better? I go on bcp for 3 weeks not 3 months thankfully!

Jaimie - they put you on bcp to get both ovaries in sync with each other so the follicles can try to grow at the same time.

Everyone had a good weekend?

Hey all,
Weekend has been ok but haven't been up to much really. Think I may have O'd a couple of days ago, but temps are a bit dodgy and not confirmed at all. A bit worried actually that maybe I haven't O'd at all.

Floofy I am in the same boat as you!!! I'm CD18 and have had positive OPK's since CD13!!! Today the test line was way darker than the control line so I am assuming that OV still has not happened. My temp is 97.8 still so I dont know whats going on. I've never ov this late! And it means my LP will not be long enough if I do conceive cause my cycle is always 28 days! So I dont know what to do now.

I hope everyone else is doing ok!! :hugs:

Hi Squirrel!
That's the spirit! That's exactly what I said when I started. It's been tough though. I've been counting calories. I've learned so much about the foods I've been eating that way. I didn't realize how much some of these foods cost us calorie wise, especially ones that we think are healthy.

I plan to add exercise to my plan starting this week:blush:. I hope it's more like today and not Friday. lol

How much do you want to lose?

Yeah, i get that it's tough for them too. The only advantage they have is that the doctors are probably more willing to help them quicker because they have all that money. meh. Anyway, I'm out for this month. Movin' on........

Regal, I just read your siggy and see you lost 8 pounds! Congrats! What have you been doing? I've decided that if I can't be preggo, I'm going to get healthier. I need something to obsess about, and right now I'm not in the mood for it to be TTC!

I've decided to obsess over our house. Went to see my bro and his girlfriend in their new house, and everything was new and immaculate. It made me so jealous looking at their gorgeous nursery and all the baby things readily hung up etc. But more than anything I've had a kick up the a$$ to finish off our house and buy some nice accessories!
Sad I know, but it'll take my mind off things x

Hi all

CD14 and no +ve OPK. Last cycle was 34 days so I'm thinking it should be another week to O. Wish the cycles would be a bit more normal...

Floofy, our house has been on the market for about 6 months - I go through moments of obsessing and then give up. Thought we had someone interested but she couldn't be bothered even letting the estate agent know she's changed her mind!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Anyway PMA PMA PMA...

Anyone else any biz?

Regal, I don't have a specific number in mind, but 5 to 10 would be nice. I guess I'm more interested in losing a few inches off my thighs. I'm bottom heavy and hate it. Wish I was more proportionate. I've also been counting calories and doing my fertility yoga. Also been walking the dog. Before I was in a car accident a couple weeks ago, I was doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout every night. I haven't yet gotten back in the groove. I "was" going to re-start tonight, but here I am on the couch playing on BnB........

Ok, I'm gonna go pop in the dvd and get in gear! Gotta get started sometime, and why not now...... :D

We're back from our long weekend. AF is not here like I expected which is really frustrating but in all honesty she wasn't supposed to get here till the end of the week. I'm on cd 27 and O'd cd 15/16 so when I saw spotting I got excited.

Squirrel - I didn't know you were in a car accident! It sounds like you're feeling better though.

Squirrel sorry about the car accident! I'm so glad you are safe. That type of thing can be traumatizing physically and mentally. I am proud of you doing hardcore work outs! You're my inspiration, because I surely didn't start today. lol

TOMORROW!!!!

Hiya Maxxi! Glad you're back! Well, I hope AF comes quickly for you...

Yep, I got rear-ended by a full size pickup. Minimal damage to my car, but I got a bad case of whiplash. My chiropractor said last week I could start exercising so long as my neck didn't hurt. Just now getting back into it tonight. It hurt a bit when doing jumping jacks, so I had to take it a bit easy. But then I did my fertility dvd. Back to laying on the couch and icing my neck while waiting for my favorite tv show to come on! (Castle on ABC)

Conina, that sucks about that buyer. Hope you find someone very soon! I know how hard it is to have to keep the house spotless and ready to show at a moment's notice!

Floofy, that's what I want to do now too -- is buy accessories! We've done a lot of improvements to the house, but now I'm ready to decorate. It's nice to get things just the way you want them.

AF finally got here! I go Thursday for a blood pressure check and if that's normal I'll start my bcp later that day. It looks like I'll start my injections on November 4th.

Maxxi - glad you're moving forward hun

Squirrel - sorry about your car accident - you're doing really well exercising! You put me to shame!

Not too good the last couple of days. Had about ten days where my endo pain was barely there and put it down to the dandelion root and diet excluding wheat. But they came back Sun night and have been really bad today.
Off to the docs tomorrow to hopefully get some advice and help.
Seem to be able to keep up the PMA when I'm feeling ok, but today it brought me right back down. Popped 4 codeine already tonight

Ugh, working out was apparently a very, very bad idea. I felt fine last night, but daaaaaayyyyum, today I was in a lot of pain. Went back to the chiropractor and he said I definitely should not be doing a workout video. I can walk, ride a bike, or lift weights, just no real moving about that would strain my neck. :cry:

Yay for AF, Maxxi! Booooo to the endo pains, Floofy. I hope your appointments go well for the both of you.

Really sorry about AF Waiting - I wouldn't be too worried about the heavy flow. As long as you aren't in pain and it tapers off after a few days. Are you late at all?
Thanks Jaimie, yes it only lasted a few days, AF pretty much gone today. I must be on CD6 - probably another 10 to go before O. Same old, same old!

Waiting - has the bleeding gotten better? I go on bcp for 3 weeks not 3 months thankfully!
Ah, thats much better Maxxi - I clearly read 3 months and was thinking WOW I dont know how I would be able to do that. You say you go for your injection on 4th November? What happens next?

Hi all

CD14 and no +ve OPK. Last cycle was 34 days so I'm thinking it should be another week to O. Wish the cycles would be a bit more normal...

Floofy, our house has been on the market for about 6 months - I go through moments of obsessing and then give up. Thought we had someone interested but she couldn't be bothered even letting the estate agent know she's changed her mind!! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Anyway PMA PMA PMA...

Anyone else any biz?
Your cycles are quite normal as its similar to me - well perhaps Im abnormal too :blush: - usually 32 day cycle, and O on cd16-18. Keep testing hun, the + will pop up soon.

Ugh, working out was apparently a very, very bad idea. I felt fine last night, but daaaaaayyyyum, today I was in a lot of pain. Went back to the chiropractor and he said I definitely should not be doing a workout video. I can walk, ride a bike, or lift weights, just no real moving about that would strain my neck. :cry:
:dohh: Squirrel!! Put your feet up, relax, watch lots of tv - another week isnt going to do much damage to your fitness regime. You'll be pleased with me, away with work at the moment, but took my yoga dvd with me and did a 50 minute workout last night! Im off to the gym shortly now followed by another yoga session when I get back to my room. I'll do enough for the both of us until you are better...

Floofy - sorry your endo pains are back today :hugs:

Really sorry about AF Waiting - I wouldn't be too worried about the heavy flow. As long as you aren't in pain and it tapers off after a few days. Are you late at all?
Thanks Jaimie, yes it only lasted a few days, AF pretty much gone today. I must be on CD6 - probably another 10 to go before O. Same old, same old!

Ah, thats much better Maxxi - I clearly read 3 months and was thinking WOW I dont know how I would be able to do that. You say you go for your injection on 4th November? What happens next?

Hi all

Anyway PMA PMA PMA...

Anyone else any biz?
Your cycles are quite normal as its similar to me - well perhaps Im abnormal too :blush: - usually 32 day cycle, and O on cd16-18. Keep testing hun, the + will pop up soon.

:dohh: Squirrel!! Put your feet up, relax, watch lots of tv - another week isnt going to do much damage to your fitness regime. You'll be pleased with me, away with work at the moment, but took my yoga dvd with me and did a 50 minute workout last night! Im off to the gym shortly now followed by another yoga session when I get back to my room. I'll do enough for the both of us until you are better...

Floofy - sorry your endo pains are back today :hugs:

I couldn't have handled 3 months that's for sure! I start the stimming injections on the 4th and they follow me with daily ultrasounds I think. On day 8 or 9 or 10 they'll tell me if my follicles look good enough for retrieval. Then 5 full days after the retrieval after the genetic testing is done they'll transfer up to 3 embryos back to me and then I'm back in the dreaded 2ww!

squirrel I feel your pain - I had a whiplash injury a few years back. When you're tired all your tension is in your neck and it's miserable.

Day 16 and no +ve OPK...

Thanks waiting - we can be weird together :winkwink::winkwink:

Hey all,
Can't remember if I updated today or not! doh!
Well doc was lovely actually and has agreed to refer us. She originally said maybe hormone injections was a good idea, but asked me whether the pain or a baby was most important. Having 21day bloods Mon and then we both go in 2 weeks to get referred. I asked her how long it would take to be referred and she said they have to see us within 18 weeks of the referral!! Gosh, that's a long time.....

How's everyone doing? I'm starting my bcp today and will start injections on Nov 4th with and egg retrieval date of Nov 15th and a tentative transfer date of Nov 20th. I'm planning to not stress these next 3 weeks so I can save my energy for the 4th!

Hey Floofy thats great news - what did you say was more important a baby or no pain??

Maxxi - ah ha, so thats what happens with IVF then. Does that mean you could end up with triplets???

Conina - of course, weirdos together....

Right - we are moving house tomorrow, my place is full of boxes and about to pack away the laptop & disconnect the broadband. Not sure when we will get broadband connected to the new house so may be out of action for a while as I'll only have internet access through my iPhone which is a bit rubbish. Take care, and hope to see lots of BFPs when I get back....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->