30 week appointment

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
I have just got from my 30 week appointment and babies heart beat sounds great and all my blood results are fine. however at my 28 week appointment the fundal height was 28 cm which she said was perfect, and this week she said it was 27cm then re-measured and said it was about 29cm. i then mentioned that at my 28 week appointment i was bursting for the loo lol which pushes the baby up. so she thinks the baby is small and is going to see how much it has grown in two weeks, she said it is a good thing tho and she didnt seem worried so im not. was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else??

Glad your appointment well! No advice for you really as this is my first and I'm not nearly as far along as you....

Didn't happen to me but if anything was wrong, mw would have said

My baby is a tad small, too. But the normal range is 2cm either side of the number of weeks you are (so at 30 weeks the normal range for fundal height is 28-32cm). I'm at the very low end of that 'normal' range (I'm measuring 29cm but i'm 31 weeks pregnant) so although baby is small the midwife isn't too concerned because it's still within the normal range. It sounds like this is what you're experiencing, too?

I have to go back in 2 weeks and we'll be keeping an eye on it, but so long as baby is growing between visits and is no more than 2cm too small, I shouldn't think there is anything to worry about :)

Glad your appointment went well! I'm sure the baby is fine. Its alright to be off by 1-2 weeks when measuring the fundal height. They start to worry at 3-4 weeks +/- I believe, and usually that means nothing. I think I was 28 weeks? not completely sure but I was measuring 3 weeks over and they didn't seem at all concerned. :hugs:

I'm measuring one week less on my fundus but my doctor said shes just going to watch and see how it grows. She said shes not to worried as it is still within the range of plus/minus two!!

oh gdgd thanks for all your replies, suppose i should be grateful that she isnt massive!

oh gdgd thanks for all your replies, suppose i should be grateful that she isnt massive!

That's how I'm trying to see it - I'm thinking it's probably baby's size I have to thank for the fact that at the moment I haven't got a single stretchmark! As long as she's healthy I'm hoping she stays small as everyone in my family has always stonking 9lbsers!

What was your babies measurments on your anomoly scan? Did you have 4 graph things at the bottom of the report with the line down the middle. They tell you quite accuratly how baby is growing.

I've had 3 scans and each time show me 2 days ahead of the previoud EDD and my anomoly scan showed baby to be growing within the normal range buy right near the top of it, where it was plotted onto the graph. My fundal hight is normal though.

ive only had two scans and nothing was commented on her size then, even tho tht was at 20 weeks lol. i will just hav to see if the fundal height has grown next time i go.

Oh and Tasha everyone in my family has had big babies lol, but always had massive bumps too. i was like 9lb haha. i dont hav any stretchmarks yet either :) everyone is really shocked when i tell them i am 30 weeks so im pretty sure she wont come out and suprise everyone by being 9lb!

ive only had two scans and nothing was commented on her size then, even tho tht was at 20 weeks lol. i will just hav to see if the fundal height has grown next time i go.

Oh and Tasha everyone in my family has had big babies lol, but always had massive bumps too. i was like 9lb haha. i dont hav any stretchmarks yet either :) everyone is really shocked when i tell them i am 30 weeks so im pretty sure she wont come out and suprise everyone by being 9lb!

haha Sounds like we're in the exact same boat on all counts then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->