30 + years old WTT thread

Dee_H

Mama to Rian + Bump
Reaction score
Hi girls, not sure if this has been done yet...but...was wondering how many of us are out here that are in our 30s. I'm 32 and have a baby girl Rian (pronounced Ryan) who will be 1 in about 2 weeks. DH and I are going to try for #2 in September. I live in Nova Scotia Canada and work as a Home Visitor for Public Health and DH is a Narcotics Enforcement Police Officer. I look forward to meeting more 30ish mommies.:hugs:

Hello! I'm 30 (just!). I'm not a mum yet, but will be TTCing from July/August this year. I organise events at a university in London and DH works in television.

Well, we had one in the past, a club, but it has fell behind a bit.

https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/166465-wtt-30s-club.html

Anyway, I am 33, and hope to be TTC for baby number 1 in the near future X

Hi.

I'm 34, almost 35. We've got two girls (aged 11 and just 1) and are NTNP at the moment.
We'd really like another soon but I'm terrified of having a toddler and a new born!

x

hi!! i'm 36 oops the oldest so far!! *blush*... i have 3 children so far oldest just turned 4 yrs, youngest 9months. we are WTT till dec so that first 2 kids will be in fulltime school!! :) will be 37 by time i ttc #4..... veeeeerrryyyy old!!! lol!!

Hi!

My name is Paula, I am 32 and have a 17 month old boy called Tristan. I am teaching part-time at the moment and am wtt baby number two - hopefully in May!

Good luck to you all in getting BFPs when you starting ttcing!

xxx

I'm in the 30+ club :thumbup:

We'll be NTNP from May / June time, I just want to be relaxed about the whole thing and hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones who can avoid charting altogether..... we'll see, fingers crossed:blush:

Ohhh I like this thread - I'm 30 and will be 31 in June and if all goes well we will ttc at Christmas/new year - for our first - can't wait

xx

So glad to see lots of 30+ in here. All my girlfriends had their babies earlier in life so I'm kind of on my own in ttc world!lol. Where is everyone from?? I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I plan on having a few more children...at least 2 more...do any of you get ..."But you will be old having children...do you think about risks....why would you want to be 50 having teenagere.Stuff like that drives me crazy..as if I hadn't thought about it!!

So glad to see lots of 30+ in here. All my girlfriends had their babies earlier in life so I'm kind of on my own in ttc world!lol. Where is everyone from?? I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I plan on having a few more children...at least 2 more...do any of you get ..."But you will be old having children...do you think about risks....why would you want to be 50 having teenagere.Stuff like that drives me crazy..as if I hadn't thought about it!!

I once read a 19 year old in the forum worrying she was getting too old, these comments can be very unnerving. For whatever reason, we have waited until our 30's to TTC for either our first child, or more children, that is our reality, and there is no changing it. Age doesn't neccesarily have anything to do with it, my aunty has had her first at 40, and has had a perfect pregnancy, birth and child. I think its very important to keep positive, if we let negative comments weigh is down, it could possibly stress and affect our possibilities to conceive. Don't let anyone make you think you can't do what you want to do.

I am 32 and have a five year old son, I am a nurse and hubby is a police officer. Not sure when we want to start trying for number 2.... there is so much to think about and plan etc!!!

It does my head in when people say about my age. My cousin was 37 and my friend is 12 weeks gone and is 35. I have done all I want to do as has my oh and now once our money is better we will both be more than ready. I have no regrets waiting until my 30's

xx

Hi, My name is Louise I turned 31 last week and my husband David is 35. We had our first baby last June. I always wanted to have children in my 30's. I wanted to spend my earlier years doing exactly what I wanted, I had lots of holidays and bought nice things, bought a house etc. I am very settled and happy and for us, having Ben last year was the perfect time.
We have recently we talking about having our 2nd baby, I thought we could start trying again at Christmas but DH thinks we should start trying in June, this year!

Hi everyone! It's nice to find this thread. I had noticed a lot of girls on the forum seemed to be younger and I did find that I was also getting un nerved at my age. I always thought having kids in your 30's was pretty okay and not old at all!

Anyway, about me - I'm actually 29 (but 30 in June!) and will ttc starting September for our first, hubs is 31. We live in the UK right now but I'm Canadian and we're planning to head back there at the end of this year.

Nice to meet everyone!!! x

OMG i didn't even think i was that old TTC lol. a lot of my friends are mid to late 30's having kids and a few of them in their 40's. i don't feel that old at 36 lol.
my advice get older firends it makes u feel young :)

OMG i didn't even think i was that old TTC lol. a lot of my friends are mid to late 30's having kids and a few of them in their 40's. i don't feel that old at 36 lol.

ha ha - i ended up getting older friends purely because my oh is 38 and it backfired on me this year when 4 of them are pregnant :haha: :dohh:

lol...good advice.

I really don't think early to mid 30s is that old at all - your fertility rate only starts to decline a lot from 35 onwards (obviously from late teens to early 30s it does decline a bit) and only dramatically declines in your late 30s/early 40s. So for most of us in this group in our early to mid 30s, I definately do not see us as old. Obviously, the later you leave it, the harder it will be to sort out any issues but most women in their early to mid 30s get pregnant successfully and go on to have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. You get women in their early 20s having fertility issues as well as women in their 30s/40s etc.

However, I too was quite surprised when I joined this forum with how many late teens and early 20s were ttc. Most of my friends are only beginning to have kids now (a lot of my friends being older than me) or aren't thinking about it yet.

I think a lot of us who have had children in our late 20s/early 30s have done so because we have had to spend some time going through further education, which can take you into your early-mid 20s (I am not saying that those who are ttc in their early 20s haven't done those things - a lot have, before I get backlash for saying that!), then have started a career (not because we are power or money hungry - but simply to be able to settle down in our own home, get some money behind us and pay off our student loans, which can be like millstones around our necks). By the time this has happened, in a flash, we are hitting our late 20s and people are saying, 'oh those in their 30s are leaving it too late...blah blah blah.' I get annoyed with this as everyone is entitled to decide when they want to ttc - some people are not financially ready or have settled into a solid relationship in their early/mid-20s.

Having a baby in your 30s can be great for a lot of women (obviously not leaving it too late). You have had a bit of life experience, have maybe travelled, possibly own your own home and have some money saved to be able to have a decent maternity leave without worrying about going back to work immediately and are able to accept a back step in your social life without envying your mates going out every weekend. You can, in short, accept your life has moved into a different stage. One of my friends had a baby in her early 20s (when we were all that age) and ended up in a depression because she saw all her friends going out at the weekend and travelling all over the world. She couldn't accept her life had changed and that she had a baby depending on her. She is fine now and is able to give some good advice to her 'older mum friends,' but it was a difficult transition period for her.

I think it is important to highlight the positives of having a baby in your late 20s/30s as we hear so much of the negatives. I recently read another thread when people were going on and on about the negatives. Most of us know the negatives. We cannot escape the negatives as we are constantly being told them by others. However, telling a woman who is 35 and ttc about the negatives of waiting till her 30s, is frankly pointless - the woman is 35 already - so ramming information about declining fertility rates and so on down her throat is just going to stress her out more. I think we should all support each other whatever stage we are at.

Sorry for the rant! I didn't start it off as one...but it ended up as one!

Best of luck girls (whatever your age!) in your ttc journey when that time comes and wishing you speedy and sticky BFPs!

xxx

I'll be 30 this year. And if i had had the choice, I wish I would have met my husband earlier and started planning a family a bit sooner. For some reason I wanted at least my first child by 27. But it didnt happen that way, and I fully believe in God's timing. For whatever reason, I have never fallen pregnant in any of my past relationships, even though I may not have always been as careful as I should have been, if you know what I mean.

I believe He will give me a baby when the time is right. Right now I am dealing with some fertility issues that are tough to think about and harder to speak about. I am on day 40 of an anovulatory cycle. And I am still in my 20's. (barely) Just goes to show it can happen to anyone any age.

Its good to know that many of you have had children later that me. I am just praying for my broken girly bits to be healed soon. I want a child so badly!

I'll be 30 this year. And if i had had the choice, I wish I would have met my husband earlier and started planning a family a bit sooner. For some reason I wanted at least my first child by 27. But it didnt happen that way, and I fully believe in God's timing. For whatever reason, I have never fallen pregnant in any of my past relationships, even though I may not have always been as careful as I should have been, if you know what I mean.

I believe He will give me a baby when the time is right. Right now I am dealing with some fertility issues that are tough to think about and harder to speak about. I am on day 40 of an anovulatory cycle. And I am still in my 20's. (barely) Just goes to show it can happen to anyone any age.

Its good to know that many of you have had children later that me. I am just praying for my broken girly bits to be healed soon. I want a child so badly!

Hey Runnergirl!

I know you are worrying just now, but the fact that you are actively dealing with the issues will mean that they will probably be sorted out quickly. I am sure you will have a baby in your arms in the very near future. The best of luck to you in getting a speedy BFP when you begin ttcing!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->