31 weeks too soon to pack my hospital bag??

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
So I'm not quite 31 weeks but very close and really want to pack my hospital bag but hubby thinks I'm nuts wanting to do it so soon.

I need to shop for everything even toiletries. When did you pack your bag??

P.s. I have a cervical suture that comes out at 35+4 so I could give birth any day after that.

I don't think it's too soon. It needs doing at some point so why not now? I packed mine at 31 weeks last time. I ended up getting rushed in and needing emergency section at 33 weeks so glad I did it when I did x

I attempted to pack it at that point... didn't work as I still wear most of the things I need to pack.. haha. But the other things I don't need have been put in there like Flip flops camera (bought disposable ones) and will also have my other camera but that always stays in my purse anyways. DS1's present from the baby my Birthing ball (the hospital doesn't have them there for use so I bought one) but the clothes will probably get thrown in there before we rush off to the hospital. I still need to do DS1'S bag and DH's. But baby's bag is all set up! Haha. Plus anything that's forgotten I can make him get as we only live a ten minute drive away.

I'm 29 weeks and I plan on packing mine in the next week or so. I figure the earlier I start then the longer I have to remember things I've missed. Our DS was only early by just over 1 week, so I want to make sure I'm ready if this little man decides he would like to come early too.

I plan to have mine packed by 30-31 weeks, as I had DS early. I hope they just collect dust until full term though!

Pack it if you have all your baby stuff! I waited until after my baby shower at a day shy of 32 weeks to do mine. I think that's the best time to do it- once you're essentially ready for baby.

But absolutely not is 31 weeks to early to pack a hospital bag! I think that's perfect timing. And if you gut is saying "I wanna pack the bag now" I suggest you do it. I had a preterm labour scare at 32 weeks and one of the first things my provider said was "get your bag".

Better safe than sorry!!

I say pack it when you want to :). It isn't going to do any harm so why not? You could always pack it and put in smaller baby clothes, then if LO stays put longer than you were expecting you could take unpack the small things in favour of newborn sizes.

You're putting me to shame! I'm 34 weeks on Tuesday and have barely even thought about mine!

That's about the time I started packing mine. It took me a few weeks because I kept shopping for more things! I have packed some loose trousers, vests and tops suitable for after birth when I'm feeding and they were all things I picked up super cheap in Primark. I've also packed snacks and a separate bag for baby with nappies, cllothes etc. The only things that needs to go in at the last minute is my phone, everything else is ready.

Its not too early, you can do it when you like. I bought the toiletries last month as well as some slippers as I don't normally wear them but did last time I was in hospital, have also bought some nursing tank tops and bras, nipple cream and some big black underwear that I also had last time which were great for after having a c section. Those things have definitely added up though and I don't actually have my bag packed yet as I need to wait until we get paid next week to buy a bag to put it all in!

I have done the baby's bag though but I only did that last week once I'd washed all the baby clothes and blankets etc. If it's going to make you feel more prepared and relaxed then do it :)

I'm going to start packing mine in the next couple of weeks I was admitted at 34 weeks last time for a week and wasn't prepared so I'm doing it earlier this time x

If it's something you can cross off your to-do list, reducing your stress level - I say go for it!

Like other posters have said, it's not too early. I started mine at 30 weeks per Dr recommendation and finished last week. I keep going through them and taking stuff out and putting stuff back in. Keep thinking "oh I don't need this" and take it out, and then think "but what if this happens?" and put it back in. Lol I'm so indecisive.

Thank you girls :) I'm going to start getting it sorted now.

I think DH thinks I can just grab a pair of pjs and a baby grow for baby and be on our way lol.

I'm gunna start packing mine on Saturday to celebrate my 30 week day lol, feel like it's countdown from there! I want to be as organised as possible to make sure I am as prepared as I can be!!!

If I was answering this question last week I would say too soon. But today I would say absolutely not too soon.

Im 31 weeks too and was totally taking it for granted that I'll make it to 40 weeks.. then this weekend I woke up with a lot of cramps and lower back pain. Nothing serious happened and Im still pregnant, but it was a good demonstration of how things can change in seconds.

Its better to be prepared.

i havent started mine yet but my mom is pushing me about it and im trying to keep focused on doing it and not procrastinating like i do with my homework at school

ive bought some travel sized things like a toothbrush with a pouch with toothpaste. i think ill just shove my bigger bottles in the bag because i dont want to buy so many tiny things when i have so many bigger versions of them. i could simply buy the travel size containers but i think ill be ok for the most part. i think ill have it set and done by 32 weeks(with a printed checklist beside it to make sure its all there)

I'm at the same stage of pregnancy as you--almost 31 weeks. I don't think it's too soon to be packing a hospital bag. Better to be prepared. I have my baby shower at 32 weeks and I'm planning to pack mine right after that. Still have to do a laundry and finalize what I need to pack, but I'm not gonna drive myself crazy. How much stuff do we really need for 2-3 days..

I'm 30 weeks and I'm pretty much packed. I had a cerclage put in at 20 weeks and have been on modified bed rest since, plus, I'm having twins, so an early delivery is pretty likely for me.

I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow... I have a list going but probably will pack our bags mid April since I'm going to be induced a few weeks early due to GD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->